Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 1 of 65
... LastLast

Jaina's Newfound Hatred of the Horde

How is everyone feeling about her new personality. She sounds awfully pissed in her voice overs that were posted on the front page today. I know it's her responsibility to put everything aside and protect Theramore but is anyone else a little disappointed with the way things are turning out? We were pretty much told that Garrosh is the only idiot screwing up and he's going to pay for all his shit. It doesn't seem fair that Jaina hates everyone in the horde for the actions of that meathead douchebag that has been a screw up from the beginning.

The Jaina that I've "grown up" with since the good ol' days of WCIII was a peace loving woman. Some people may have found her too peaceful and boring. Some would complain that all she did was sit in her little tower and do nothing despite being one of the most powerful mortal mages on Azeroth. I understand her completely though. I would be pissed I guess. Even so, I think it's just not her character to be so anti-horde.

What does everyone else think about it? Good? Bad?

Link for those that haven't seen.
    Last edited by Ace192; 2012-06-01 at 04:05 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that I will miss the Jaina that I knew in Warcraft 3, =(

I won't mind seeing Jaina being more active and possibly see her on the battlefield. Never been the biggest fan of Jaina, but she's a nice character who I feel has been sitting around for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    She shouldn't *hate* the Horde but support the war only because there is no other good options.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoo boy she sounded pissed.

I'm okay with this hatred. Might make her marginally more tolerable to me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wells easy to see why Jaina may have gone over the edge

I mean she had sacrificed so much in the name of peace and for the security of her people
    And now she lost all of it as a result of the war the Alliance and the Horde started

You have to take into consideration that this isn't the Horde she sought to live in peace with, this is Garrosh's Horde. Jaina has sacrificed everything in the name of peace, even her own father. I think that her reaction is one of realization that Garrosh doesn't want peace, he wants everyone that isn't an orc dead or subjugated. Heck he doesn't even care about the other races of the Horde, he's a thug on a power trip and his attack on the people of Theramore is, in my opinion, the breaking point for someone who has just realized that her dreams of peaceful co-existence is just that, a dream.

Well aside from Garrosh, I think her boyfriend dumping her for an ugly fat green chic with a face that only a mother could love might have taken a toll as well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    You have to take into consideration that this isn't the Horde she sought to live in peace with, this is Garrosh's Horde. Jaina has sacrificed everything in the name of peace, even her own father. I think that her reaction is one of realization that Garrosh doesn't want peace, he wants everyone that isn't an orc dead or subjugated. Heck he doesn't even care about the other races of the Horde, he's a thug on a power trip and his attack on the people of Theramore is, in my opinion, the breaking point for someone who has just realized that her dreams of peaceful co-existence is just that, a dream.
    Yeah, buts its just sad to see Jaina change so

Really loved how she used her mind instead of brute force to win arguments-how she always did everything for peace no matter the cost
    (Like when she made a good come-back against Varain in the Shattering)

And dont forget the Horde is not the only faction that did not want peace

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    I agree 100%. I play both alliance and horde equally so I'm not biased towards any of the two factions. I hope she doesn't take it as far as Varian does. Varian is just as big an idiot as Garrosh. They each hate their opposing faction with such fervor that its to the point where it doesn't even make sense anymore. I hope Jaina realizes that like you said, this is Garrosh's horde which has to follow him. My hope is that the horde is seen as a tool that he is using, rather than something that is willingly opposing her. I'm sure most of the horde's people don't want to anger the strongest mage on Azeroth as much as the next guy.

"Put the War back in Warcraft." Just... Just stop with that... The Horde and Alliance war may be a major war as of now, but, IT'S NOT THE ONLY WAR IN THE GAME. I know that the war between the Alliance and Horde will be the main focus in Mists of Pandaria, but like I said, that doesn't make it the only war in the game or in the Lore.

She should be angry with herself for helping murder her father, because helping the horde back then has now lead to the destruction of Theramore. It would be cool to see her massively regret that decision and get angry, not so much at the horde, but at herself.

while i know shes pissed at garrosh, did she forget that one of those "mongrels" as she puts it was/is a friend of hers IE Green jesus aka thrall????
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason reminded me of Daenerys Targaryen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    "Put the War back in Warcraft." Just... Just stop with that... The Horde and Alliance war may be a major war as of now, but, IT'S NOT THE ONLY WAR IN THE GAME. I know that the war between the Alliance and Horde will be the main focus in Mists of Pandaria, but like I said, that doesn't make it the only war in the game or in the Lore.
    Cargath.. I love you.... /brofist

Deleted
    I don't want her to "hate the horde" as you say it, but I want her to take action, in defence of the Theramore people. Get a little more active, so to speak.

She does sound quite pissed at the orc in question in her voicework.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    I don't like that phrase as much as you do. I don't like the petty Alliance vs. Horde fighting. They should be above that and act civilized but then what fun would the game be? Besides, like you said, in MoP it's the main focus. This is pretty much setting it up. Of course there are more things out there that can be called wars, but "putting the war back into Warcraft" is pretty much spot on for this expansion.

Blargh. I guess if they go that way with her it'll mean the end of the only character that's managed to remain balanced and reasonable in Warcraft. It's really bugged me that the writing's so limited by "the Horde and Alliance need to be at war" that most characters become incapable of practical, realistic thinking. Diplomacy is just as interesting a storytelling device as warmongering, even more so when you put a lone diplomat in amongst warmongers. In a world where neither faction is the "bad guy", it's just silly to have every single main character behaving with all the diplomatic tact of a teenage boy.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    I don't like that phrase as much as you do. I don't like the petty Alliance vs. Horde fighting. They should be above that and act civilized but then what fun would the game be? Besides, like you said, in MoP it's the main focus. This is pretty much setting it up. Of course there are more things out there that can be called wars, but "putting the war back into Warcraft" is pretty much spot on for this expansion.
    I'm not to fond of the War either, hell, in Cargath my Tauren's Lore, he left the Horde when Garrosh was made Warchief, but I'm just sick and tired of people claiming that phrase. Besides, I already have an idea for PvP were you take control of a Hozen or Jinyu, and you play in a Battlefront like game type were you unlock better Hozen or Jinyu fighters as you go on, by either completing objectives, or capturing bases. Killing only rewards slight Mana and Health boosts so you would need to do more helpful things like capture bases in order to progress and get more Honor by doing so.

Welp, sounds like she'll make a great match for Varian now. Sounds like they both are out for some orc genocide.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.