Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good thing she didnt start bawlin' like a wuss. The only thing that could make the Alliance side of the Theramore quest awsome is if we get to kill the invaders (namely this orc Captain) and set up their heads on a pike in front of the ruins.

I dont know how anyone can want or expect a leader to stay best friends with the horde after they blew up her mini kingdom and butchered her citizens.

Also, Im sick of alliance leaders being turn into neutral pushovers that would do anything for peace with their horde bffs.

Focusing Iris... interesting

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better question is what does Garrosh need with an artifact of that much magical power? Another Dragon Soul, control the leylines of the world, or perhaps the Legion is calling once more.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Focusing_Iris

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    "Put the War back in Warcraft." Just... Just stop with that... The Horde and Alliance war may be a major war as of now, but, IT'S NOT THE ONLY WAR IN THE GAME. I know that the war between the Alliance and Horde will be the main focus in Mists of Pandaria, but like I said, that doesn't make it the only war in the game or in the Lore.
    It's not jst a major war, it's the war. Honestly, what other wars are there? Most of the lore I know is from quest text, a few books, and occasionally looking up something of particular interest, but there is nothing I can think of that is nearly as significant as the war between the Horde and Alliance. Let's take a trip through memory lane, and if I'm missing something, please tell me.

Burning Crusade: While the war against the Legion is technically ongoing, there's really not much to do about it now(this is illustrated somewhat in the short story about Velen). Kil'Jaeden's been pushed back into the Twisting Nether, and the Sunwell's been purified so I doubt anyone's going to try using it to summon him again. There are still pockets of demons popping up here and there, but it's nothing that can't be handled by an occasional adventurer sent to collect their demonic essences or something. Illidan and his crew are dead, Gruul and his sons are dead(they didn't pose much of a threat overall anyway), the black dragons that were chillin' there are dead... As of now, Outland's pretty much secure, or as secure as it can be at least.

Wrath of the Lich King: Obvious one here. Arthas has been dealt with, and though it's still possible Bolvar could give in and become a "real" Lich King and not just a jailer holding them in check, I doubt that Blizzard would bring back the Lich King as a main enemy. Some of the more intelligent entities are now working with Sylvanas, which could become a bit of a problem in the future. Malygos was killed, ending the Nexus War, and the blues have all their shit together now. Yogg-Saron was defeated, Algalon didn't activate the device that would destroy everything and start over.

Cataclysm: This isn't as simple as the previous two. While yes, Deathwing and the Twilight's Hammer are a major threat to the world, there wasn't really a warfront against them, per se. For the most part, the majority of the "war" was between the Alliance and Horde. Most of the conflicts with the Twilight's Hammer was with independent factions, which all pretty much accomplishes their main goals of dealing with these threats, and strikes against Hammer cultists bases and outposts that posed an immediate threat and had to be dealt with so the two main factions could get back to fightng each other.

Not long after the announcement of Cataclysm, there was an interview with someone from Blizzard(if someone could find this, I'd be deeply appreciative)saying that in BC there was a "work together to fight the great evil" thing going, and that while WotLK brought back the war somewhat(Bringing in Varian and his hatred of the Horde and Garrosh with his disgust at Thrall's attempts at peace, Wrathgate fiasco, Battle for Undercity, fighting over who gets to kill Arthas), they wanted to "really bring the war back into World of Warcraft". He used those words. The Alliance and Horde as wholes were much less involved with the "main threat" as they were in previous expansions, as they have been focusing more on dealing with each other. Not having a specific threat to the world in MoP will further this even more, which is exactly the point. I personally believe that if the war ever truly ends, it would be with everyone joining forces to defeat Sargeras like in Velen's vision, and even with him defeated and gone there will probably still be conflict over resources and old hatreds.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2012-06-01 at 04:48 AM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

I hope she goes more overboard then Varian, Varian is a pussy, send everything at these mongrels and burn them to a crisp, then don't deserve to live on out planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    The Jaina that I've "grown up" with since the good ol' days of WCIII was a peace loving woman. Some people may have found her too peaceful and boring. Some would complain that all she did was sit in her little tower and do nothing despite being one of the most powerful mortal mages on Azeroth. I understand her completely though. I would be pissed I guess. Even so, I think it's just not her character to be so anti-horde.

The way it sounded she is more anti Orc and anti Garrosh, I wonder how Thrall will deal with this.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-06-01 at 04:51 AM.

as long as they dont turn her into the living version of sylvanas than im happy. i okay with her getting mad for a change but the whole revenge leader who was gonna lead her people to vengeance was sylvanas with her arthas drama
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Holy shit.

This is the worst case of character derailment since... well, ever (in the Warcraft series). Total personality reversal. Why don't they give her a white sheet to wear? Or put a noose and a burning cross on her tabard? She's the avatar of racism!

What a fucking joke. Just when I think they can't defile Warcraft lore any more, this shit happens. Their entire writing staff should be fired.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a little bit sad that Blizzard can only imagine extremes and not create even two dimensional characters. It is either all peace or all war and genocide not 'bah i guess we must fight and cannot have peace'

It would add so much more to the war if she was more balanced than extreme

10+ Year Old Account
    my sweet little girl is no more...

but when i heard her say "its about to get very cold" i got a chill up my spine.

Finally, an excuse to put her head on a pike.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    Holy shit.

This is the worst case of character derailment since... well, ever (in the Warcraft series). Total personality reversal. Why don't they give her a white sheet to wear? Or put a noose and a burning cross on her tabard? She's the avatar of racism!

What a fucking joke. Just when I think they can't defile Warcraft lore any more, this shit happens. Their entire writing staff should be fired.
    Fired for what? Her home and most of the people she saw on a daily basis got killed. What did you think would happen at that point? She has history with Thrall not Garrosh. She had no reason to like Garrosh and the attack merely forced her to accept that he was truely his father's child now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    It is a little bit sad that Blizzard can only imagine extremes and not create even two dimensional characters. It is either all peace or all war and genocide not 'bah i guess we must fight and cannot have peace'

It would add so much more to the war if she was more balanced than extreme
    You did not pay attention to Metzen during the press tour. Varian Wrynn is not out to slaughter the whole Horde, he specifically mentions that fact and that hes only interested in removing the Warchief of the Horde from power. In addition how do you know that she wants genocide, your making assumptions based on a short audio clip, when there's a whole story yet to be played out.
    Captain Drok: My marines are already on shore holding the harbor entrance. You have your orders. Do your jobs and return safely. The eyes of Hellscream are upon you!

Baldruc: The ships are aflame! Troops, to the harbor!

Horde Shaman: There are Alliance survivors! Send reinforcements!

Captain Drok: The unthinkable has happened. Our siege on Theramore has failed.

You're the contingency plan. Your mission is to infiltrate Theramore Isle.

Burn their ships, butcher their flight master, sabotage their war machines, and rescue our spy.

Throw them into chaos while we regroup. The eyes of Hellscream are upon you!

Jaina Proudmoore: This abberation destroyed everything... everyone...

The Horde cannot be allowed to recover the Focusing Iris. Eliminate what remains of their forces and I will secure the artifact.

I must attune to the Focusing Iris before transport. Protect me!

Captain Drok: No one can protect you! Kill the Proudmoore bitch, and bring me that bomb!

Jaina Proudmoore: Your people are despicable cowards, Orc! You're nothing more than rabid dogs, and you will be put down!

Captain Drok: Brave words, mage. I'll spit in your face when you beg for mercy.

Jaina Proudmoore: You spit on mercy? Then you will have none! You want carnage? Garrosh will get more blood than he ever bargained for!

Captain Drok: GRRAGGH! I'll bring the Warchief your head!
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/mi...ore-event-voi/
    Last edited by Anevers; 2012-06-01 at 05:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I want to see Thrall's reaction to Theramore being sacked, too. I can't imagine he'll be pleased, either.

"What...the...FUCK, Garrosh?! I leave you in charge while I go save Azeroth from a lunatic dragon aspect, and you use your power to completely demolish the hometown of, not just a personal ally, but also basically the ONLY member of the Alliance interested in putting an end to all the pointless death!!"

Nope, not pleased at all.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

It's about bloody time IMO. The good and innocent girl routine wore off. Hey maybe she's on the final run, you know, dying along with Garrosh. I'd be good with it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Welp, sounds like she'll make a great match for Varian now. Sounds like they both are out for some orc genocide.
    That's what the Orcs give and they shall receive

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 10:35 PM ----------

They each hate their opposing faction with such fervor that its to the point where it doesn't even make sense anymore.
    That's not true at all. Compare Garrosh's dialogue with Varian Wrynn's for the Pandaren intros. And also weigh into account the Horde have personally wronged Varian Wrynn, the Alliance has never done *anything* to Garrosh.

Why do people not like Garrosh? He makes things interesting. I for one get tired of having two good guy factions that have nothing to do with each other despite the war between them being the biggest theme in Warcraft. As for Jaina, same thing. I want the factions to absolutely despise each other and go to all out war.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why do people not like Garrosh? He makes things interesting. I for one get tired of having two good guy factions that have nothing to do with each other despite the war between them being the biggest theme in Warcraft. As for Jaina, same thing. I want the factions to absolutely despise each other and go to all out war.
    Pretty much cause he's not nice and people don't like guys who aren't nice. I dunno what blizzard was thinking since he's dying cause it was a popluar demand, but I think that was the most suited character to lead the Orcs. If they felt like he was too crazy then they should have selected another high leader and leave him to rule over the orcs, as an icon to what an orc is supposed to be, instead over the whole horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is everyone feeling about her new personality. She sounds awfully pissed in her voice overs that were posted on the front page today. I know it's her responsibility to put everything aside and protect Theramore but is anyone else a little disappointed with the way things are turning out? We were pretty much told that Garrosh is the only idiot screwing up and he's going to pay for all his shit. It doesn't seem fair that Jaina hates everyone in the horde for the actions of that meathead douchebag that has been a screw up from the beginning.

The Jaina that I've "grown up" with since the good ol' days of WCIII was a peace loving woman. Some people may have found her too peaceful and boring. Some would complain that all she did was sit in her little tower and do nothing despite being one of the most powerful mortal mages on Azeroth. I understand her completely though. I would be pissed I guess. Even so, I think it's just not her character to be so anti-horde.

What does everyone else think about it? Good? Bad?
    Come on! They destroyed the town she has founded and all its citizens, the survivors of Lordaeron she has saved. Of course she will be anti-horde! What do you want? That she fights only Garrosh and not the others? It's a war. The friends of your enemy are your enemies. The Tauren support the Orcs. The Trolls support the Orcs. The Blood Elves support the Orcs. The Orcs worship Garrosh. The problem with Jaina was that she loved peace so much that it wasn't the voice of reason anymore, but utter blindness and naïveté bordering delusion. Now at last we are seeing some common sense in her character devellopment.

Next stop : Malfurion. With all the destruction the Horde caused to his beloved Ashenvale (and Azshara, and Stonetalon, etc.), Malfurion should be PISSED! Let the Horde experience first hand why he is called STORMRAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Pretty much cause he's not nice and people don't like guys who aren't nice. I dunno what blizzard was thinking since he's dying cause it was a popluar demand, but I think that was the most suited character to lead the Orcs. If they felt like he was too crazy then they should have selected another high leader and leave him to rule over the orcs, as an icon to what an orc is supposed to be, instead over the whole horde.
    Why roll Horde if they want all nice characters? Why even play a war themed game? Also, I guarantee that as soon as Garrosh dies, those same people who hate him will complain that the factions are too passive. I think if Garrosh would be a little kinder to the other Horde races, he would be the perfect leader for Horde. But I agree, even if he is forced to step down as Warchief, he should remain the Orc General. I would certainly prefer that over his death. The only characters I would hate to see die more than Garrosh would be Sylvanas and Thrall (and maybe Jaina.)