View Poll Results: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Voters
1057. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, she needs to put the war in Warcraft

    673 63.67%
  • No, she should stay 'neutral' as she has always been

    76 7.19%
  • She should take action, but not to the extent to hate the horde.

    308 29.14%
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
47
48
56
... LastLast
  1. #901
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    I will be taking this information to the argent crusade! bye!!!!
    nooooooooooo!

    as my imp always says, can't we all just get along? lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  2. #902
    Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    nooooooooooo!

    as my imp always says, can't we all just get along? lol
    They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them! - Tirion

  3. #903
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them! - Tirion
    Gather the dead for war, let them join our ranks, lest we are forced to join theirs. - Farseer Kelmon
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  4. #904
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    [/COLOR] they pissed so they try to make other people pissed, so they can all be pissed...and smelly
    Why would they be pissed, undeath is ascension.

  5. #905
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them! - Tirion
    the same tirion you quote invited the forsaken and a group of warlocks to his games. you should learn from him. not all who dwell in darkness are blind.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  6. #906
    Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why would they be pissed, undeath is ascension.
    .......I cant see how its ascension...they live in sewers and are rotting....

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 04:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the same tirion you quote invited the forsaken and a group of warlocks to his games. you should learn from him. not all who dwell in darkness are blind.
    This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world.

  7. #907
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    .......I cant see how its ascension...they live in sewers and are rotting....[COLOR="red"]
    Ascension from primitive needs of the living, with only downside being aesthetic one?

    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nurgle#.T85vR8Vzh0I

    Read about this guy, he is pretty swell in this.

  8. #908
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    .......I cant see how its ascension...they live in sewers and are rotting....[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 04:30 PM ----------
    .
    Not to mention they are missing limbs and such

    Can you imagine the smell when Forsaken come to visist the Horde in Kalimdor?
    Their rotting flesh combined with the desert heat??!?!?! Good God

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 09:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    In theory nothing, but it would be too risky for Sylvanas to attempt world domination she is already under constant surveillance,so if they leave her alone the logicel step would be to sit still and continue to "live".
    theres also the fact that the Forsaken are not powerful enough to take on all of Azeroth all by itself

    The Forsaken and the rest of the Horde need each other so they can pool their respetive military power to match the Alliance

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 09:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    well thats is my point though, she almost died attacking greymane...if that happens everyone will be a risk, even the horde. is there even a reason to keep them alive? all they do is spread death, no living creature can live were they have been...they are nothing but trouble, even orcs spare inncoents, forsaken do not.[COLOR="red"]
    well thats a very touchy topic

    It depends on whether you consider Forsaken as "people"
    and whether ou should just committ genocide against them

    The Alliance dont really consider undead as people, hence why they dont accept the Forsaken saying Lorderon is theirs

    The Horde need the Forsaken for political and military reasons

  9. #909
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    theres also the fact that the Forsaken are not powerful enough to take on all of Azeroth all by itself
    That's not a fact. I think the Forsaken could probably take over at least the eastern kingdoms if they really wanted. Come to think of it, all things considered they are probably the most powerful army there is in Azeroth, more powerful that that army stormwind hides somewhere only rivaled by the Scourge. Aside the plague which is the most leathal weapon, more lethal than the belf mana bombs, Sylvanas can also raise the dead to join her ranks, so esentially by the time she reaches Storwind and Ironforge her army would be ... well, really numerous. Plus the belfs would back them up, if not out of loialty for their Alliance with Sylvanas then certainly out of fear, and they'd probably be killed anyway, collateral damage and all that.

    Short version - Forsaken = Undead army that fights really dirty using biological weapons and use the enemy's dead to bolster their ranks.

  10. #910
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,567
    Well we dont really know Sylvannas's true intentions
    She may be content with just defeating her current enemies

    Plus, in my opinion, the Forsaken would be wrecked by the combined might of the Horde and Alliance

  11. #911
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,986
    dear lord, can we please not have this turned into another Forsaken thread.

  12. #912
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dear lord, can we please not have this turned into another Forsaken thread.
    New unritten rule, sooner or later any lore discussion ends with a topic that is directly related to Sylvanas


    But on the topic Alliance vs Horde.

    In my opinion Blizzard tried to show that both sides are "good" but somehow the Horde is more like a pseudo good guy.

    Actually i had hoped for the MoP that both sides go into a role as the "bad ones", you know where they start losing any honor or morale just for the sake of killing the enemy.
    And at the end some shiny guy (Not Thrall) would show up and actually put some sense back into their heads and that they should look what they have done, what that has to do with honor and anything the cherished before.
    Heck, they could still kill Garrosh at the end because he doesn't want to stop.

    But as it looks now it is more like the Alliance are the good ones and the Horde are the baddies.
    How imaginative, a faction consisting of Humans, elves, dwarves and any other light worshipping race are the good ones while the more savage races are the bad ones.

    In the end i can only say that i currently see no real winner, the alliance may look like the winning faction but personally i think that the alliance isn't getting any less boring when they get attention which only serves that they are good guys again, that is not original, if you want to make something interesting, you need a conflict and there is no conflict within the alliance.

    The Horde is obviously a loser too, the Horde under Thrall actually worked towards that they are not just the bad ones, when MoP is over the Horde has yet to prove again that they are a New Horde and not some unification of bloodthirsty Tribes / Clans / whatever.


    Personally if i had to choose a faction past MoP, from the current viewpoint (which includes the actions of Horde / alliance in MoP Beta) i'd choose no faction, because:
    Alliance is boring as ever
    The Horde is in a similiar situation as after the 2nd War, only with races like goblins, undead and Blood elves, which simply don't fit to the "core Horde races", but that's another story.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2012-06-06 at 12:05 AM.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  13. #913
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dear lord, can we please not have this turned into another Forsaken thread.
    Are you mad hes not trying to make it about thrall?
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  14. #914
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    New unritten rule, sooner or later any lore discussion ends with a topic that is directly related to Sylvanas


    But on the topic Alliance vs Horde.

    In my opinion Blizzard tried to show that both sides are "good" but somehow the Horde is more like a pseudo good guy.

    Actually i had hoped for the MoP that both sides go into a role as the "bad ones", you know where they start losing any honor or morale just for the sake of killing the enemy.
    And at the end some shiny guy (Not Thrall) would show up and actually put some sense back into their heads and that they should look what they have done, what that has to do with honor and anything the cherished before.
    Heck, they could still kill Garrosh at the end because he doesn't want to stop.

    But as it looks now it is more like the Alliance are the good ones and the Horde are the baddies.
    How imaginative, a faction consisting of Humans, elves, dwarves and any other light worshipping race are the good ones while the more savage races are the bad ones.

    In the end i can only say that i currently see no real winner, the alliance may look like the winning faction but personally i think that the alliance isn't getting any less boring when they get attention which only serves that they are good guys again, that is not original, if you want to make something interesting, you need a conflict and there is no conflict within the alliance.

    The Horde is obviously a loser too, the Horde under Thrall actually worked towards that they are not just the bad ones, when MoP is over the Horde has yet to prove again that they are a New Horde and not some unification of bloodthirsty Tribes / Clans / whatever.


    Personally if i had to choose a faction past MoP, from the current viewpoint (which includes the actions of Horde / alliance in MoP Beta) i'd choose no faction, because:
    Alliance is boring as ever
    The Horde is in a similiar situation as after the 2nd War, only with races like goblins, undead and Blood elves, which simply don't fit to the "core Horde races", but that's another story.
    It could go that way, but I'm getting the impression that both sides are really going to get out of control in MoP's future patches. From the sound of things, it's probably not going to be until the Orgrimmar patch that Varian really finally shapes up and pulls himself together. Up until that point I suspect the Alliance will be partaking in some unsavory things as well. Possibly related to Jaina's newfound hostility. That said we don't know for sure yet.

  15. #915
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It could go that way, but I'm getting the impression that both sides are really going to get out of control in MoP's future patches. From the sound of things, it's probably not going to be until the Orgrimmar patch that Varian really finally shapes up and pulls himself together. Up until that point I suspect the Alliance will be partaking in some unsavory things as well. Possibly related to Jaina's newfound hostility. That said we don't know for sure yet.
    Yeah Blizz did say at the Press Congerance that both sides will be committing atrocities
    Both sides

  16. #916
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yeah Blizz did say at the Press Congerance that both sides will be committing atrocities
    Both sides

    I musta missed that part of the press conference.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

  17. #917
    If it's done well, it'll be both sides escalating the conflict and trading increasingly harsh blows until things get really out of hand.

  18. #918
    Actually no.Check the Press Conference one thousand times if you want. The only thing Metzen stated is that one side will commit terrible crimes which will lead to the Siege of Orgrimmar by the Alliance and what's left from the sane Horde. Please don't make imaginary assumptions.

  19. #919
    High Overlord Itira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    148
    Is it ok to get a boner from this?
    I can and will express my opinion and you can and will get angry.

  20. #920
    I don't think the Forsaken are able to take over Eastern Kingdoms. I think the Forsaken currently are stuck in where they are. They stopped at the Thorandil Wall. They tried to go to Hinterlands but were decimated. In the east there is the Argent Crusade. So I think they cannot do anything else at the moment. If they go and try to conquer the Eastern Kingdoms eventually they will turn the Argent Crusade, The Knights of the Ebon Blade and some other neutral factions against them because simply they will have to fight them in order to get the Western and the Eastern Plaguelands.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •