Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I know what you mean. I felt horrible when I saw a doll on a grave on theramore's gigantic graveyard. even as a forsaken player, I felt shame of being horde when I saw that video.
    Exactly, and its like, they haven't even given us an alternative for this, like all players will think and feel the same way about it, 'oh all horde will enjoy fighting theramore and killing them and using a bomb to kill those that can't fight back!', thats bs, as a lore fan I know the aspects I like about the horde and aspects I don't, and this is one of those things in the story where I just think your two ways of it, so why must we all follow it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Do you not know how war works?

If you are fighting near or on an urban area, civilians will ALWAYS die
    Do you not know the hordes history and the way its developed over the yeas? Do you not know the mistakes the horde has made and how they end up making the alliance into the good guys as a result, because this is history repeating itself.

Don't care if you like it, I don't, thats how it stands.

If the Sunreavers did that using Dalaran's neutrality then it must have been done without any of the Kirin Tor knowing otherwise they wouldn't let them and probably may have taken action against them. In any case we are now arriving in a part where the neutral factions may have to make a choice to where they will stand in this whole war.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    I'm wondering what Thrall will say about this whole scenario...
    Thrall: Hey Jaina...you coming to Aggra's baby shower?

Jaina: PISS OFF!

Thrall: Damn you, Garrosh!

lol...poor Thrall and Aggra. XD

It is literally impossible to prevent civilian deaths or damage due to colateral damage

What you say is true Drek...HOWEVER.

It's one thing to have someone get caught in a crossfire or be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's another thing entirely to drop a bomb in an area you KNOW is full of civilians. That's what makes this so horrific. This isn't a "Oops" moment. This ranks up there as a terror attack. "Surrender Alliance or the next bomb will be on Ironforge/SW/etc".

And yeah, I'd love a scene where Jaina pops back into Dalaran and the Sunreavers all do a double take at the realisation that she's still alive.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    What you say is true Drek...HOWEVER.

It's one thing to have someone get caught in a crossfire or be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's another thing entirely to drop a bomb in an area you KNOW is full of civilians. That's what makes this so horrific. This isn't a "Oops" moment. This ranks up there as a terror attack. "Surrender Alliance or the next bomb will be on Ironforge/SW/etc".

And yeah, I'd love a scene where Jaina pops back into Dalaran and the Sunreavers all do a double take at the realisation that she's still alive.
    so does that mean Americans are genocidal maniacs for the bombing campaign in World War 2?

The European bombings were mainly done on war factories, with places like schools and hospitals were avoided.

The nuke however...that was indeed a blunt terror attack. The idea was the shock the Japanese into surrender since they had reached the point of kamikaze attacks.

As a parting note, both sides in WW2 did plenty of bombing, whereas we're yet to see the Alliance launch a bomb, mana infused, plagued or whatever, as of yet.
    STRESS

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    whereas we're yet to see the Alliance launch a bomb, mana infused, plagued or whatever, as of yet.
    They definitely have some big ones on their airships.

10+ Year Old Account

It is literally impossible to prevent civilian deaths or damage due to colateral damage
    There's a difference between civilian collateral damage, and mana nuking their city with the intent on killing innocents. Garrosh obviously falls into the latter.

I'm still bothered of the way that the Sunreavers used Dalaran to do that dirty trick. I am sure that when Jaina goes in Dalaran and reveal everything the consequences for the Sunreavers will be devastating.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    There's a difference between civilian collateral damage, and mana nuking their city with the intent on killing innocents. Garrosh obviously falls into the latter.
    their intent was to win the battle
    To remove Thermore as an Alliance military and naval base, and base so close to Horde homelands

Its unfortunate that alot of civilians happened to die at the same time, but thats war
    yes its terrible

But I dont consider the Horde armies "evil" for doing so
    The only way I would see them like that, is if they gathered the survivors, after the battle, and staged mass excecutions

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    I'm still bothered of the way that the Sunreavers used Dalaran to do that dirty trick. I am sure that when Jaina goes in Dalaran and reveal everything the consequences for the Sunreavers will be devastating.
    You are pretty sure about many things. So far it looks like you are mad at everyone that fights dirty.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You are pretty sure about many things. So far it looks like you are mad at everyone that fights dirty.
    yeah, because what does fighitng clean mean if you lose every single battle

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If thats so, suddenly my respect for the sunreavers has gone downhill to. I'm just someone who loses respect for any character in the story who commissions something that kills innocents. And I'm not alliance, I just don't favour any of these with theramore being destroyed and not just the horde fighting its soldiers, there killing innocent victims of there war as a result. And that isn't the horde I joined with.
    Thats is the way blood elves fight, with weapons of mass destruction, they can't waste their people on the battlefield like others can, instead they use technology. Garrosh demanded something from them, and since they are unwilling to sacrifice their people as canonfodder they give garrosh a bomb and the means to use it.

yeah, because what does fighitng clean mean if you lose every single battle
    Exactly what does it matter if you fought with honor, if your people are devastated as a result , the blood elves already learned this lesson the hard way as the scourge marched through their land. They don't have the luxury of honor.

The only way I would see them like that, is if they gathered the survivors, after the battle, and staged mass excecutions
    This too, it is not like they rounded up the survivors to kill them afterwards.

The sunreavers will simply deny it, stating Thalon Songweaver was a rogue element, making him a scapegoat. Clever move actually.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-06-06 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Thats is the way blood elves fight, with weapons of mass destruction, they can't waste their people on the battlefield like others can, instead they use technology. Garrosh demanded something from them, and since they are unwilling to sacrifice their people as canonfodder they give garrosh a bomb and the means to use it.
    This, Garrosh expects everyone to be fodder, propably compensating for the fact that his own race is perfect fodder.

Yes I'm pretty sure as many things that I mentioned in the past came true like the Siege of Orgrimmar. I'm pretty sure that when Rhonin brought the Blood Elves into Dalaran he didn't expected them to do that. After all Dalaran was a Sanctuary and both sides had a peace treaty inside there. A violation using Dalaran's neutrality won't really make Rhonin happy about this.

their intent was to win the battle
    To remove Thermore as an Alliance military and naval base, and base so close to Horde homelands

Its unfortunate that alot of civilians happened to die at the same time, but thats war
    yes its terrible

But I dont consider the Horde armies "evil" for doing so

Drek...either english isn't you first language or skipped parts of the horde video. Their AIM had always been to bomb the town. The siege. The killing of the FLIGHT MASTER. The destroying of the the ships. All to prevent anyone from escaping. Up until that point with the destruction of the tanks you could argue that they tried conventional means and then dropped the bomb as a last resort and it was regrettable that there were still civilians around.

But what the Belf says CLEARLY indicates that the objective had ALWAYS been to drop the bomb. No "oops".

No "we have no choice but to use it."

The aim was simply to kill as many members of the Alliance as possible, active combatants or not. And this is what drives Jaina to the point she's at now.
    STRESS

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    This, Garrosh expects everyone to be fodder, propably compensating for the fact that his own race is perfect fodder.
    yeah, Blood Elves were almost wiped out by the Scourge
    and after that, even more were lost trying to secure the remains of Quetholas, and the events in Outland

Blood Elves are very very few in number

Yes I'm pretty sure as many things that I mentioned in the past came true like the Siege of Orgrimmar. I'm pretty sure that when Rhonin brought the Blood Elves into Dalaran he didn't expected them to do that. After all Dalaran was a Sanctuary and both sides had a peace treaty inside there. A violation using Dalaran's neutrality won't really make Rhonin happy about this.
    The sunreavers could have left Dalaran as well, for all we know they no longer reside there and have simply become one more portion of Silvermoons armies.

And Dreknar we agree on one thing. That Blood Elves are too few to actually do something.

And Dreknar we agree on one thing. That Blood Elves are too few to actually do something.
    I wouldn't say that, they are still strong enough to challenge certain Kingdoms, after all 15% of their people were able to subdue the entirety of the Draenei people.

They wouldn't be able to stand against healthy Kingdoms like Ironforge,Stormwind and Darnassus,but the rest is plausible.