Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I play Horde and Alliance, but mostly Horde for the last few years. And all I have to say to Jaina is, About Freakin Time. She was way too peaceful, speaking lorewise/storywise, the Horde were the ones who came in attacking regardless if they were enslaved by the Burning Legion and tricked to come to Azeroth. With Garrosh taking over, and I do NOT like him at all, the Horde have become extremely warlike (not saying it's bad, the game is called WARcraft) but for those looking for peace with a faction that is continually killing people in cold blood, like seriously.

Jaina needs to take a tougher stance and protect HER people first and if she would have taken a tougher stance before-hand, Theramore may have still been around. Anyway, I like the toughness in her voice. She needs to be hardcore.

The horde comes into her city and

DESTROYS

FUCKING

EVERYTHING

Yes. Shes a bit salty about the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    after all she has done to try and make peace with them. after all she has sacrificed. for garrosh to just come and tear all of that down. yeah....she has a right to be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Blargh. I guess if they go that way with her it'll mean the end of the only character that's managed to remain balanced and reasonable in Warcraft. It's really bugged me that the writing's so limited by "the Horde and Alliance need to be at war" that most characters become incapable of practical, realistic thinking. Diplomacy is just as interesting a storytelling device as warmongering, even more so when you put a lone diplomat in amongst warmongers. In a world where neither faction is the "bad guy", it's just silly to have every single main character behaving with all the diplomatic tact of a teenage boy.
    Spot on my friend, spot on. As 'boring' as Jaina is sitting in her tower in Theramore trying to get the Orcs to play nice with Humans, it's what made her character. Now with her possibly being as unreasonable as Garrosh and Varian, how will the fighting ever end?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    How is everyone feeling about her new personality. She sounds awfully pissed in her voice overs that were posted on the front page today. I know it's her responsibility to put everything aside and protect Theramore but is anyone else a little disappointed with the way things are turning out? We were pretty much told that Garrosh is the only idiot screwing up and he's going to pay for all his shit. It doesn't seem fair that Jaina hates everyone in the horde for the actions of that meathead douchebag that has been a screw up from the beginning.

The Jaina that I've "grown up" with since the good ol' days of WCIII was a peace loving woman. Some people may have found her too peaceful and boring. Some would complain that all she did was sit in her little tower and do nothing despite being one of the most powerful mortal mages on Azeroth. I understand her completely though. I would be pissed I guess. Even so, I think it's just not her character to be so anti-horde.

What does everyone else think about it? Good? Bad?
    Pretty sure you'd hate everyone remotely responsible for destroying your home and many of the people you came to know and love for really shitty reasons.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Spot on my friend, spot on. As 'boring' as Jaina is sitting in her tower in Theramore trying to get the Orcs to play nice with Humans, it's what made her character. Now with her possibly being as unreasonable as Garrosh and Varian, how will the fighting ever end?
    I'm wondering what Thrall will say about this whole scenario...

I like the new Jaina, she's pissed and rightfully so. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorn.

Fuck Yeah, Jaina for Queen, we don't need Varian

I'll probably feel a bit more in tune with her once I see what actually happens in Theramore. I've seen the video that showed what destroyed Theramore looks like, but it's like seeing the aftermath of a warzone, I'm just totally disconnected from it. Once I get to experience it, it'll make her seem far more realistic, I'm sure.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

I absolutely love this new side to Jaina. I was worried that she would still try to get peace after the BS that is the horde destroying Theramore. The anger in the VA's voice is amazing.

Love it, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Blargh. I guess if they go that way with her it'll mean the end of the only character that's managed to remain balanced and reasonable in Warcraft. It's really bugged me that the writing's so limited by "the Horde and Alliance need to be at war" that most characters become incapable of practical, realistic thinking. Diplomacy is just as interesting a storytelling device as warmongering, even more so when you put a lone diplomat in amongst warmongers. In a world where neither faction is the "bad guy", it's just silly to have every single main character behaving with all the diplomatic tact of a teenage boy.
    Problem is, a hefty chunk of the playerbase wants a concrete reason for the PvP to be validated through proper lore. I mean, you saw how people got all mad about there barely being any faction conflict during Wotlk. They like it when they have a lore supported reason to gank everyone they see.

It's not optimal story wise, but it encourages the PvP in a lot of ways. "You're at war, so don't hold back when you're facing other players." (Of course, not all people are so easily manipulated this way, but we're all affected by the way Blizzard takes the story of this game)

It's a very simple storyline, but in a game which centers around faction conflict, you don't always need a complex storyline which steers away from the conflict.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its a bad thing if Jania's fury is aimed at Garrosh's Horde. Her quotes imply that it is in the scenario, but I also hope that they're not merely setting Jania up to go Maiev or something later on. She's an excellent lore character and Blizzard's stance seems to be "kill off as many important people as possible" when it comes to expansions.

I'm still a little sore about them deciding to off Illidian when he was basically an anti-Hero in Warcraft III, to the point where a good reason to kill Illidan was never given.

ADAL: "Kill Vashj."
    ME: "Because she's threatening the balance of Zangarmarsh, right?"
    ADAL: "Yeah. Also, kill Kael'thas."
    ME: "Because he's working with demons and OH SNAP HE'S AN AGENT OF KIL'JAEDEN!"
    ADAL: "Uh huh. I suspected as much. By the way, you killed off his lieutenants and he's kind of running a slave camp, so kill Illidan please."
    ME: "Why?"
    ADAL: "Excuse me?"
    ME: "Well, he hasn't actually done anything except wriggle his finger at me after I won that race ...."
    ADAL: "He's half-demon. They're bad."
    ME: "But didn't he lock up Mag'theridon? And why did we free him and then kill him again?"
    ADAL: "Because Illidan was making Fel Orcs! And those are bad!"
    ME: "But wasn't Illidan fighting the Burning Legion, who was your common enemy?"
    ADAL: "Look, do you want to be my Hand or not?"
    ME: *grumbles*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    I don't think its a bad thing if Jania's fury is aimed at Garrosh's Horde. Her quotes imply that it is in the scenario, but I also hope that they're not merely setting Jania up to go Maiev or something later on. She's an excellent lore character and Blizzard's stance seems to be "kill off as many important people as possible" when it comes to expansions.

I'm still a little sore about them deciding to off Illidian when he was basically an anti-Hero in Warcraft III, to the point where a good reason to kill Illidan was never given.

ADAL: "Kill Vashj."
    ME: "Because she's threatening the balance of Zangarmarsh, right?"
    ADAL: "Yeah. Also, kill Kael'thas."
    ME: "Because he's working with demons and OH SNAP HE'S AN AGENT OF KIL'JAEDEN!"
    ADAL: "Uh huh. I suspected as much. By the way, you killed off his lieutenants and he's kind of running a slave camp, so kill Illidan please."
    ME: "Why?"
    ADAL: "Excuse me?"
    ME: "Well, he hasn't actually done anything except wriggle his finger at me after I won that race ...."
    ADAL: "He's half-demon. They're bad."
    ME: "But didn't he lock up Mag'theridon? And why did we free him and then kill him again?"
    ADAL: "Because Illidan was making Fel Orcs! And those are bad!"
    ME: "But wasn't Illidan fighting the Burning Legion, who was your common enemy?"
    ADAL: "Look, do you want to be my Hand or not?"
    ME: *grumbles*
    The story behind that whole deal isn't exactly that simple, but you're covering the gist of it. We DID have reasons to kill Illidan, but it always felt a little... design by committee.

Even though I loved the Jaina from Warcraft III, I actually think that a much stronger story will be told if she does start hating on the Horde (at least on the orcs)... you know, just like her father did (and she stood against him back then).

Story repeats itself. Character roles get turned upside down. It would be much more powerful, heavy, even tragic in a sense, to see Jaina "succumb" to the hatred that runs in her family. And, as a nice side effect, to bring the war back to Warcraft.

I know I liked the Jaina from Warcraft III, but I like this one even more. She brings the kind of attitude that the Alliance desperately needs right now.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the Tides of War book will explain all of it too, and it would be nice if the book and the patch for Destruction of Theramore will be in the game.
    Damn Garrosh too for making my Jaina very angry with the Horde I grew up with.
    For the Horde!

Admiral Proudmore was always right.. Shame his daughter didn't listen

10+ Year Old Account
    Take no prisoners, girlfriend!
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I don't know anything about what gets her to these dialogue options. Listening to it makes me think she is pretty ripe to be possessed or manifesting sha. I suppose everybody will get played in the end. After a while they'll all be like "Oh snap. Sha is serious business. My bad." Then we will complain the new expansion is taking to long.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people (usually post WC III players) hate Jania for being a foolish optimist in terms of her pro-peace stance. So a lot of people will be happy with this. I can't say I am one of them though. Then again, I am one of those people who would be fine if the Alliance & Horde made permanent peace. (Game reasons, aside.)

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    The story behind that whole deal isn't exactly that simple, but you're covering the gist of it. We DID have reasons to kill Illidan, but it always felt a little... design by committee.
    for the warglaives bro.