Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    southshore was an open place. people ran away to fenris isle when it was attacked. there were quite a few named NPCs there from old southshore in fenris isle when you go spy in there as a lvl 10 questing forsaken. if someone stayed behind, this person wanted to fight, so even if he was a civilian before, he's now part of a militia.

besides, lordaeron belongs to the forsaken and hillsbrad is part of lordaeron. those people were living in their enemy's lands. they could have left south long ago to alliance lands, but they decided to stay there, defiantly.

in comparison, theramore was sieged by orcs that lived pretty far from there so as no one could escape. than it was bombed. bang, everybody is dead.

at least from my PoV, the southshore bombing pales in comparison to theramore's.
    The people of Southshore were Lordaeronians, they defended their home and they ran indeed, still I find dying by some kind of plague, which can melt you alive worse than a bomb that kills you instantly. It is the same reason i want to be directly by a nuclear Warhead in case of an all out nuclear war, it would be instant and painless, but if you are in a border region you will waste away.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    which because of there choices they are making now just makes the story feel so inconsistant. You do, if they weren't working with an mmo system, it would have gotten to the point now that the blood elves and forsaken were gone, since they don't follow that same code, and haven't adopted it into there way faction.
    The blood elves would have been neutral again, and Garrosh wouldn't have had his bomb, but they are more or less shackled to garrosh horde right now, they have to help if they don't want to be seen as a liability by garrosh which would be a disastrous outcome for them.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-06-06 at 09:48 PM.

I for one can not wait to commit war crimes against the alliance. i only hope we get the option to slaughter alliance who surrendered and non combatants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Those are the night elven ones XD

Blood elves are better in the Arcane arts than the Highborne
    I and others are trying to get this OT, But that is just wrong, The so called " Blood elf" are the weakest of the elfs, if you know anything about lore, then you would know that they sailed away from the rest of the nightelf for they where outcasts, not strong enough to be with the rest of the elfs. They are not stronger in the arcane arts, hahahaa they where the weakest.

Actually Combat noone would be having superweapons. Those weren't in the strategy game. Those were just invented out of a bad lore writing to give Garrosh's Horde a way to show that he had the upper hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    The European bombings were mainly done on war factories, with places like schools and hospitals were avoided.

The nuke however...that was indeed a blunt terror attack. The idea was the shock the Japanese into surrender since they had reached the point of kamikaze attacks.

As a parting note, both sides in WW2 did plenty of bombing, whereas we're yet to see the Alliance launch a bomb, mana infused, plagued or whatever, as of yet.
    AND HERE WE GO, we have the master of off topic much, you just made it about something in real life, to Jaina being mad to now world war 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I and others are trying to get this OT, But that is just wrong, The so called " Blood elf" are the weakest of the elfs, if you know anything about lore, then you would know that they sailed away from the rest of the nightelf for they where outcasts, not strong enough to be with the rest of the elfs. They are not stronger in the arcane arts, hahahaa they where the weakest.
    The weak one oh yeah you know the blood elves are basicially evolved highborne.

Aftermath

In the aftermath of the war, relations between the Highborne and the rest of the night elves were strained. The Highborne's abuse of arcane magic had led to the Burning Legion's invasion and the shattering of ancient Kalimdor. Countless night elves had been killed by the demons. Thus, arcane magic was now a crime punishable by death. Regardless, Dath'Remar and the rest of the Highborne continued practicing their sorcery. As the highest caste of ancient night elf society, the Highborne had studied arcane magic for more than a thousand years before Queen Azshara came to the throne. Most other night elves had significantly less knowledge and skill at manipulating arcane energies. The Highborne had no intention of surrendering the magic they saw as their birthright. They felt that the lower-caste majority had neither the right nor the ability to judge the safety of arcane magic. Nor were the Highborne the only ones to maintain that arcane magic was worth pursuing.

Dath'Remar and a few other night elves soon discovered that Illidan Stormrage had stolen several vials of pure energy from the first Well of Eternity, and then emptied three of the vials into a normal lake. In doing so, he had created a second Well of Eternity. He considered himself a hero, but most other night elves disagreed. They confiscated the remaining vials from Illidan and sentenced him to imprisonment for the rest of his immortal life. The Highborne were awed by what Illidan accomplished, and they soon grew bold in defying the new laws against arcane magic. They would not bow to the hysterical fears of the lower-caste majority. The Highborne felt they had taken all the necessary precautions by resolving to be more cautious than their predecessors. After all, the Highborne had no desire to bring about another Sundering.

Rather than execute the Highborne, the rest of the night elves sentenced them to exile. The Highborne were thoroughly exasperated by what they saw as a foolish overreaction against sorcery. They were therefore not unhappy at the prospect of exile; on the contrary, they looked forward to it. Thinking ahead, they contrived to steal one of the magical vials that had been confiscated from Illidan.
    Founding of Quel'Thalas

The exiled Highborne then eagerly sailed to the Eastern Kingdoms, still under Dath'Remar's leadership. Gradually the Highborne lost their connection to the second Well of Eternity. Their skin's violet hue faded; they grew shorter in stature; and they lost their immortality. Like modern night elves, high elves have long but finite lifespans.

All the same, they struggled onward. Deep within the northern forests of the continent, in the continent of Lordaeron, they founded the magical kingdom of Quel'Thalas and renamed themselves high elves. Using the vial they had stolen, the high elves created the Sunwell, a fountain of magical energy that was weaker than the first and second Wells. The Sunwell was designed to be constantly but exclusively available to the high elves, who chose its name as a further renunciation of night elf society. Dath'Remar was crowned the first High King of Quel'Thalas and though he did not rule, the king retained a modicum of political power. It is rumored that Dath'Remar's signature weapon was the sword Felo'melorn, also known as Flamestrike, which became an heirloom of the Sunstrider Dynasty and has been wielded by his descendants to the last of the Sunstriders, Prince Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Actually Combat noone would be having superweapons. Those weren't in the strategy game. Those were just invented out of a bad lore writing to give Garrosh's Horde a way to show that he had the upper hand.
    Super weapons existed since wc3 the World tree detonated Killing Archimonde eand everything in a certain radius manbombs existed since bc and the Plague is also a weapon of mass destruction introduced in Wc 3
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-06-06 at 10:19 PM.

They were exiled because now druidic elves percieved them as threat.

AND HERE WE GO, we have the master of off topic much, you just made it about something in real life, to Jaina being mad to now world war 2.

If you'd bothered to read, you'd see I was responding to a post, not starting up something. At least I was contributing to the thread unlike someone just trying to get his postings up.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 10:42 PM ----------

Nah, the blood elves have had those mana bomb things since TBC, you just never saw the Horde elves with them. They also have the goblins who're masters of making weapons of mass destruction (downside being they tend to blow up the goblins as much as anyone else ).

And the Alliance could easily access superweapons with the gnomes and draenei. We still have that bomb inside our Airships.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats Blizzard for you, unviling to make third faction. IMO MoP builds up perfectly for an opportunity to split up, but it will be miss again.
    Making a third faction will be such incredible work and chaos

I really dont see that ever happeneing in WoW
    Maybe in Titan

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They were exiled because now druidic elves percieved them as threat.
    Yet ironically the Night Elves are again using arcnae power

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post

Yet ironically the Night Elves are again using arcnae power
    Not only that, but the highborne of Eldre Thalas bathed in fel power for 10.000 years,to maintain their immortality and were accepted back, while most blood elves sucked on mana bearing vermin and are treated like the plague, talk about real double standards.

But thats just how the things go, I wonder if Jaina figures out that the sin'dorei helped leveling Theramore.

Nah, the blood elves have had those mana bomb things since TBC, you just never saw the Horde elves with them. They also have the goblins who're masters of making weapons of mass destruction (downside being they tend to blow up the goblins as much as anyone else ).
    IMHO mana bombs never made sense. the blood elves were addicted to arcane magic. they needed it.

so they just gather a large amount of it and throw it at their enemies? what the hell?

that would be like orcs gathering every drop of water on durotar to try flooding stormwind
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    southshore was an open place. people ran away to fenris isle when it was attacked. there were quite a few named NPCs there from old southshore in fenris isle when you go spy in there as a lvl 10 questing forsaken. if someone stayed behind, this person wanted to fight, so even if he was a civilian before, he's now part of a militia.

besides, lordaeron belongs to the forsaken and hillsbrad is part of lordaeron. those people were living in their enemy's lands. they could have left south long ago to alliance lands, but they decided to stay there, defiantly.

in comparison, theramore was sieged by orcs that lived pretty far from there so as no one could escape. than it was bombed. bang, everybody is dead.

at least from my PoV, the southshore bombing pales in comparison to theramore's.
    Well thats the whole issue about the Forsaken vs Humans
    Humans are all like "since when did undead count as people"

and then the Forsaken moto "What belonged to them in life, still belongs to them in death"

In my point of view, civilans dying as a result of battle is unfortunate, bit its part of war
    It only becomes a crime when its out-right murder, such as excecuting prisoners or whatever outside of battle

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 11:39 PM ----------

IMHO mana bombs never made sense. the blood elves were addicted to arcane magic. they needed it.

so they just gather a large amount of it and throw it at their enemies? what the hell?

that would be like orcs gathering every drop of water on durotar to try flooding stormwind
    Rofl
    Well the first mana bombs were created by Kael'thasus's blood elves in Outland
    and wasnt Outland just rampant with arcane energy floating everyhwere (Netherstorm)
    So it dsnt seem they would be starving themselves for the sake of creating a mana bomb

10+ Year Old Account

Well, we only saw them on Outland... and apparently this was how Kael's elves dealt with their hunger for magic while there:

Martik Tor'seldori says: Brothers and sisters, I have been to the promised land. I have tasted in the sublime energy. I have felt bliss - bliss so engrossing and all encompassing that I was left wondering if I had stumbled upon the dreams of gods.
    Blood elf Pilgrim says: Tell us more, Martik. What is it? What does it feel like?
    Martik Tor'seldori says: In paradise, you merely reach out and take from the Nether.
    Blood elf Pilgrim says: But how?
    Martik Tor'seldori says: From the very air! Tendrils of arcane energy light up the obsidian sky as plumes of raw magic rise up from fissures in the land. Kneel and drink from the fissure as you do from a stream or well. Pluck a tendril from the heavens as if it were an apple hanging from a branch.

It stands to reason that they'd have a little spare.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-06-06 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Well, we only saw them on Outland... and apparently this was how Kael's elves dealt with their hunger for magic while there:

Martik Tor'seldori says: Brothers and sisters, I have been to the promised land. I have tasted in the sublime energy. I have felt bliss - bliss so engrossing and all encompassing that I was left wondering if I had stumbled upon the dreams of gods.
    Blood elf Pilgrim says: Tell us more, Martik. What is it? What does it feel like?
    Martik Tor'seldori says: In paradise, you merely reach out and take from the Nether.
    Blood elf Pilgrim says: But how?
    Martik Tor'seldori says: From the very air! Tendrils of arcane energy light up the obsidian sky as plumes of raw magic rise up from fissures in the land. Kneel and drink from the fissure as you do from a stream or well. Pluck a tendril from the heavens as if it were an apple hanging from a branch.

It stands to reason that they'd have a little spare.
    one points to be considered: the promised land was netherstorm, yet 2 of the three bombs kael's BEs made were created in terokkar (kind of far away from netherstorm). the transportation of arcane energy doesn't appear to be easy, else kael would have sent arcane energy to silvermoon before he went crazy and betrayed his people lol

blood elves are crazy lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    one points to be considered: the promised land was netherstorm, yet 2 of the three bombs kael's BEs made were created in terokkar (kind of far away from netherstorm). the transportation of arcane energy doesn't appear to be easy, else kael would have sent arcane energy to silvermoon before he went crazy and betrayed his people lol

well wasent there rampant arcane energy just about everywhere in Outland
    Just have to go to the edge of the land, and stick your hand out

It was just Netherstorm had a bit too much energy roaming about

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not only that, but the highborne of Eldre Thalas bathed in fel power for 10.000 years,to maintain their immortality and were accepted back, while most blood elves sucked on mana bearing vermin and are treated like the plague, talk about real double standards.

But thats just how the things go, I wonder if Jaina figures out that the sin'dorei helped leveling Theramore.
    They weren't accepted back blindly, they were accepted under duress at the start of Cata. And they've been under strict orders from Mal and Tyrande not to commit dramatic acts, read Wolfheart there's alot in there about it (notice the trend when explaining Alliance lore or reasoning involves reading books...yeah I didn't either )

Whereas the blood Elves are now associating with their enemies and have taken part in more than a few battles against the Night Elves and their allies. It's not about double standards, it's about timing. If the Belves weren't part of the Horde at the start of Cata it's quite possible they would've been reaccepted back into Night Elf society.

But then again, would they have wanted to be? Blood Elves and High elves are basically Elven nobility and they saw their society being taken over by the lower class. Note the wording in Aftermath.

And on another note, Belfs weren't just sucking on vermin. They sucked on anything that had mana. They even went as far as to suck magic out of a being of pure light. I think that would have more bearing on the outrage against them, regardless of it being part of some grand design.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 12:09 AM ----------

They were storing the energy for use elsewhere (those purple square containers you saw everywhere Belfs were). Just take it to where it's convenient and use.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

They weren't accepted back blindly, they were accepted under duress at the start of Cata. And they've been under strict orders from Mal and Tyrande not to commit dramatic acts, read Wolfheart there's alot in there about it (notice the trend when explaining Alliance lore or reasoning involves reading books...yeah I didn't either )

Whereas the blood Elves are now associating with their enemies and have taken part in more than a few battles against the Night Elves and their allies. It's not about double standards, it's about timing. If the Belves weren't part of the Horde at the start of Cata it's quite possible they would've been reaccepted back into Night Elf society.

But then again, would they have wanted to be? Blood Elves and High elves are basically Elven nobility and they saw their society being taken over by the lower class. Note the wording in Aftermath.

And on another note, Belfs weren't just sucking on vermin. They sucked on anything that had mana. They even went as far as to suck magic out of a being of pure light. I think that would have more bearing on the outrage against them, regardless of it being part of some grand design.[COLOR="red"]
    The blood elves were actually rather pissed the other Highborne were allowed back, while their ancestors had been exiled. Even though the highborne are bound to some rules now does not change the fact, the Night elves accepted them back, even though they are more tainted than the blood elves, they are Shend'ralar after all, who drained demonic power and sacrificed their own in order to stay immortal.

Actually the night elves are arguably the ones, who screwed up, they were the ones assaulting a neutral Quel'thalas, more or less pushing them into the horde.

Yeah well you don't always want to drink muddy water right, blood elves drinking high qulity stuff makes sense, even though M'uru wasn't wasted this way, he became a weapon to be used agianst their enemies.

The question is how come the Horde have so many superweapons from their spoils of Northrend and Outlands while the Alliance have none?
    Or did Blizzard haven't showed the Alliance ones yet?
    Or is it that the Alliance doesn't play that dirty?

Deleted
    The question is how come the Horde have so many superweapons from their spoils of Northrend and Outlands while the Alliance have none?
    Or did Blizzard haven't showed the Alliance ones yet?
    Or is it that the Alliance doesn't play that dirty?
    that is also something i thought about, like the manabombs or the magnatuar in wolfheart, or the undead plague and the rising people. but i think the alliance also have to have some, but could be they just did not want to use those kind of weapons, but lore wise, the alliance do also have "stronger" key people like malfurion and Jaina. but also gnomes have made a nuclear bomb, but i guess they are afriad of useing it since see what happend in gnomergarn

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that saddens me the most, is not the actual destruction, but that Garrosh is just the lighting rod. Kill him and forget everything else Horde has done against the Alliance. Back to Thrall being leader of the Horde, while they still control territories they conquered during Garrosh.