Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Drek, you're all over the place. First Theramore broke the peace by allowing the Alliance to use it as a base. And THEN you say that Garrosh was the first to strike. Garrosh struck, THEN the Alliance landed forces at Theramore to try to get through to Ashenvale. The entire questline sends you simply supporting the various camps that defend said road to Stonetalon, then it sends you into Stonetalon with the culmination being you trying to save as many druids before the bomb is dropped.

And no they can't get supplies by boat since Auberdine was destroyed by water elementals. The only way there is by bird. So Theramore is now the ONLY port in Kalimdor for the Alliance. Or rather it was. And the Night elves are indeed pushing to link up, since, like the Alliance S.Barren quests, the Ashenvale quests have you pushing south into Stonetalon. Again, once the questlines merge you're final bit involves rescuing as many druids as you can before the Horde drop the bomb.
    What I meant by Proudmoore was by Jaina's father.
    After the Battle of Hyjal, where the world looked to a brighter future and all that crap

It was the actions of Jaina's father that started the cycle of old hatrds and grudges that eventually led to the current Alliance/Horde War

Either way, there's one catch-all reason why Jaina is going to go insane and be killed: Blizzard cannot write anything else.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Either way, there's one catch-all reason why Jaina is going to go insane and be killed: Blizzard cannot write anything else.
    Actually, it's the first character that Blizz writes like this. A "no-mercy" GOOD character.

She isn't gone insane, simply pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, it's the first character that Blizz writes like this. A "no-mercy" GOOD character.

For the moment.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    May I remind you Admiral which you have the same name as the admiral of Kul Tiras that half of the Fleet of Kul Tiras alone is all the fleet that the Horde have so don't overestimate the Horde fleet. Second she has the Focusing Iris on her possesion the artifact that can control magic. I am sure she can obliterate Orgrimmar if she wanted. Aethas is a part of the Kirin Tor a neutral faction. He cannot interfere without provoking the Kirin Tor and he is just only one. Now about Sylvannas it was game mechanics that she survived from Arthas as she is no mage not to mention that she of course could have died if were not for the players.
    Jaina would have died to without the players as well? I don't understand that arguement. Kul Tiras wouldn't support her. She might as well have renounced all ties to Kul Tiras after she aided in the death of her father and those soldiers. I'm not going to argue the point about the Focusing Iris because it is simply to early to talk about that. I'll discount Aethas even though his agents fought against Theramore, but then we have Rommath who is more powerful than Aethas.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Horde invaded ASHENVALE first. Get it right. And from doing the questlines in their entirety the whole S. Barrens questline had very little with offensive as it did defensive since the entire line involved the Alliance pushing into Stonetalons as a way to get supplies and reinforcements into Ashenvale.
    Well if you look at it by level progression the Alliance have taken the Merchant Coast, an extension beyond Northwatch and are also trying to block the Horde's port access to Ratchet in the Northern Barrens. According to quest dialog in the Southern Barrens, Theramore, besieged the Crossroads as dusk fell and later took Honor's Stand BEFORE the Shattering and the Ashenvale offensive took place AFTER the Shattering. For the record I also believe Garrosh is in the wrong in regards to Ashenvale.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2012-06-14 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Clarification

10+ Year Old Account

oh please, we all know blizzard can't help themselves in making characters go insane and needing to be killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh please, we all know blizzard can't help themselves in making characters go insane and needing to be killed.
    Don't work under assumption, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't work under assumption, sorry.
    I'm assuming nothing. Its a fact characters end up going insane and becoming raid bosses. The problem with this repeated method is it gets old, and there never seems to be a saving grace for the characters that do. This is why I hold out little hope for Jaina.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Well if you look at it by level progression the Alliance have taken the Merchant Coast, an extension beyond Northwatch and are also trying to block the Horde's port access to Ratchet in the Northern Barrens. According to quest dialog in the Southern Barrens, Theramore, besieged the Crossroads as dusk fell and later took Honor's Stand BEFORE the Shattering and the Ashenvale offensive took place AFTER the Shattering. For the record I also believe Garrosh is in the wrong in regards to Ashenvale.
    Yeah, thats pretty much how i thought the time-line played out

If Thrall and the other leaders of the Horde could not figure out how to solve the Horde supply crisis by peace, can you expect Garrosh to?
    Garrosh is an orc, and not just any orc, he is a Maghar, a pure orc of the original Orcsh Homeworld
    Traditional Orcs lead through shows of strength, which is what Garrosh does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    If Thrall and the other leaders of the Horde could not figure out how to solve the Horde supply crisis by peace, can you expect Garrosh to?
    Garrosh is an orc, and not just any orc, he is a Maghar, a pure orc of the original Orcsh Homeworld
    Traditional Orcs lead through shows of strength, which is what Garrosh does.
    This is mistaken: The Mag'har don't lead through shows of strength. Remember their leader was Greatmother Geyah, an elderly and wise shaman.

Remember that the Mag'har are not a militaristic clan, like the warsong or the blackrock. In fact, the Mag'har are a collection of the uncorrupted survivors from different clans, hence it makes sense that the leader is a diplomat or a sage that can keep the clans together, attending to their different natures and beliefs.

Only the militaristic clans were actually led by the strongest warriors. The rest of clans were led by elder councils or shamans with a powerful connection to the spirits. Wisdom and respect, rather than strength.
    And this is the tragedy of Garrosh's Horde: Garrosh is taking the ideals of one clan, the warsong, and "duping" the Azeroth orcs into thinking those were the old ways, the true orc ways.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Why did Admiral Proudmoore die? When his death didnt restore peace between theramore and the horde.
    Uhm it did.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    we alrdy seen her being crazy in cata in the latest hc dungeons.

i really like her new looks. it might bring me back into the game to see all the new lore that is going around.
    The Jaina you see in End Time is not really Jaina though. It's a ghost of a Jaina who died in a world where Deathwin won.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I think her future as a character will depends upon who she is really pissed at and for how long she is.
    Yes she now hates Garrosh's Horde, but how much does she now hate the Orc's as a race? Will she eventually mellow out as Varian will?

I think before we assume she goes loco and becomes another Maiev, we need to wait until we get more info on how she really feels about the Orcs as a whole, and not just Garrosh's lackies. I feel Tides Of War will answer most of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    I agree 100%. I play both alliance and horde equally so I'm not biased towards any of the two factions. I hope she doesn't take it as far as Varian does. Varian is just as big an idiot as Garrosh. They each hate their opposing faction with such fervor that its to the point where it doesn't even make sense anymore. .
    not really Varyan has changed quite allot instead of Garrosh learning from Jaina and his son that had stoped him to be Cruel and Mean. Just as you do the Lion's Landing quest you will see that he awknowledges that Leadership isn't about war or force the people to do things etc.. Varyan is way smarter and kind than Garrosh

Too few options.

She should hate the horde and be more aggressive but she shouldn't be crazy or stupid about it.

Kicking the Sunreavers out of Dalaran was a fine decision, one of the best the Alliance has made in years.
    Twas brillig

Way to necro a thread...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    while i know shes pissed at garrosh, did she forget that one of those "mongrels" as she puts it was/is a friend of hers IE Green jesus aka thrall????
    She is pissed at Garrosh's horde, and Thrall is not in that Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    That didn't stop her from blaming Thrall and nearly killing him.

I find her really annoying now.
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post

It's the same Horde. It's not because Thrall and a few others oppose Garrosh that suddenly there's another Horde. There can be opposing factions in a faction. Can a republican say that he's not in Obama's USA? Of course not!
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That didn't stop her from blaming Thrall and nearly killing him.
    That was when she was still dealing with Theramore's destruction and the effects of the mana bomb though.