Thread: MMO Help

MMO Help

Please excuse me if this topic is in the wrong section. I need help deciding which mmo to get. I've played swtor and liked it, but I admit I got quite bored of it after awhile. I'm looking for a mmorpg that could hold me over til gw2 comes out. I have about 20-30 dollars I can spend, so unfortunately no Tera for me. I enjoy training but not necessarily "grinding". I would like a game that is still semi strong, as far as player population goes. I know Diablo 3 isn't a "mmo" but I quite enjoyed the fighting style in that if that helps. I've considered rift, except that I hear it's "dead" and generic. I'd be willing to re-subscribe to swtor, but I don't know if that's exactly what I want. I'd rather not delve deep into the depths of WoW, but if I get enough feedback then I may consider it. So if you guys could help me out that would be great. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zackrocker94 View Post
    Please excuse me if this topic is in the wrong section. I need help deciding which mmo to get. I've played swtor and liked it, but I admit I got quite bored of it after awhile. I'm looking for a mmorpg that could hold me over til gw2 comes out. I have about 20-30 dollars I can spend, so unfortunately no Tera for me. I enjoy training but not necessarily "grinding". I would like a game that is still semi strong, as far as player population goes. I know Diablo 3 isn't a "mmo" but I quite enjoyed the fighting style in that if that helps. I've considered rift, except that I hear it's "dead" and generic. I'd be willing to re-subscribe to swtor, but I don't know if that's exactly what I want. I'd rather not delve deep into the depths of WoW, but if I get enough feedback then I may consider it. So if you guys could help me out that would be great. Thank you.
    A shame that you bought the bad "rift is dead" rep. I suggest you go to the rift forum on mmo champion and have a look around. It's free to play to lvl 20 and game overall cheap to get started with. It is also a very fun game, really worth it's money. And Trion is a company really caring for it's customers and they give updates so fast and so big we are all amazed.
    And no, Rift is not dead, it's very much alive =)

Deleted
    If you liked the combat style of D3, you might want to keep an eye out for Path of Exile.

Tea, I by no means am calling rift "dead", I was simply stating what I've heard. Thank you for clearing that up with me, because rift is definitely borderline for me. At this point I'm stuck between re-subscribing to swtor or buying rift. Thank you for your feedback.

If you're just looking for something until GW2, why not try Guild Wars 1?

The three campaigns are $30 in a bundle, and the expansion is $20. And I'm sure you know about HoM. There is a MMO Champion ingame guild for GW1 as well which is decently active with around 70 members total.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-guild-in-GW1
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-01 at 06:01 PM.