Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilCosby View Post
    It's cool I'm sure they'll nerf Inferno soon. To satiate the masses.
    But but but Blizzard won't make money from the RMAH...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilCosby View Post
    It's cool I'm sure they'll nerf Inferno soon. To satiate the masses.
    Why? So I can farm hell lvl gear? Shit I didn't even get that far. Without that carrot the entire thing seems pointless. Conversely the 2-3 hours I spent in tl2 getting upgrades off every single boss was a fantastic experience. Literally the beta only gave you one act but the feeling of progression is so much better. I got at least 3 or 4 main weapon (cannon for my engineer) upgrades just in the first act alone...
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-02 at 01:03 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Except you know the RMAH has been postponed Indefinitely until blizz can stop the account compromises etc going around atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    It was after my couple viewings of Episode 1
    It took you that long to realise it was shit?

There is a reason 4-6 was made first, end of story.

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Tbh with you I have not looked into RMAH at all, just quoting what another person said on these forums.

They will take a cut of your sale. So yes they will make money.

If that is true or not, I don't actually care. If I was them, I would, in the end there are in this for money. If they make a loss, they won't develop more games.

I want game companies to make a profit so we, the players, can get more games.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-06-02 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    Diablo 3 is Awesome! Much better than Diablo 2 and 1 and I've been playing those games for 10 + years.

And I am Diablo Fanboy.

So, if you don't like it, don't play it and get something else to do in life, just stop whining like little bitches if you don't like the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    So, if you don't like it, don't play it and get something else to do in life, just stop whining like little bitches if you don't like the game.
    I don't think anything the OP said was whining lol it was just something he noticed and pointed out. But I'm sure Blizzard need you to defend their game on a forum, gg bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

I was too little when the Phantom Menace came out to see it in theaters. As a 5 year old kid, I loved it (just as every other kid my age did, I'm sure - explosions, lightsabers, how could we not like it?). I'm still a fan of the 3 newer movies, though the original 3 are better in my opinion.

When I heard from friends Diablo 3 was coming out, I was excited. However, I tried hard not to over-hype it (Just as me and my friends did with the last Pokemon games, for example. We're all big fans of Diablo 2, and we couldn't wait.

Unlike my friends, I read nothing about it other than a few small things on the available classes, and a cinematic trailer or 2. I loved it (still do), and though I'm only about 1/4 through Nightmare, I won't be putting it down soon. One of my friends, possibly the biggest fan of our group, devoured every piece of information she could. She was sorely disappointed with it, for whatever reason, and now she sits a few feet away from me as I play with everyone else.

Point is, she over-hyped the game for herself, created these huge, fantastical visions for what it'd be like, and she got hit by reality when the game didn't live up to the 8 years (since we got D2) of waiting and fantasizing for the next installment. I went about my daily business, didn't focus on it, said, "Oh, cool!" if I heard something, and I'm very satisfied with the game (aside from a few problems on Day 1 and patch day, but those were expected).

I think the lesson many people should take (though, as always, not many, if at all, will) is that you shouldn't create these big fantasies of what things will be like, as nothing can live up to your imagination. I can already tell that it's going to happen after MoP hits, and then we'll end up right back here: With these posts telling us the game sucks, but the reality is people over-hyped the game/expansion and got mad when it didn't live up to their fantasies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called OVER HYPE.

Man, I'm so sick of stupid Star Wars nerds who don't appreciate the 3 newer movies. They're actually pretty damn good, and if you clearly misunderstood the entire story arch about Anakin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Man, I'm so sick of stupid Star Wars nerds who don't appreciate the 3 newer movies. They're actually pretty damn good, and if you clearly misunderstood the entire story arch about Anakin.
    About a spoiled little brat?

Tbh the choice of actor is probably a lot to blame, the acting by all characters was so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked diablo a lot when it came out. Tried all classes to lvl 30ish, and than i stuck with Monk till i got him to 60. When i got to inferno i spent alot of gold on the ah ,cause my gear needed way better stats. It was hard on some elites , but i could handle it. Now when i got to inferno act 2 the problems started. Even normal mobs deal insane dmg. And when i kill them nothing worthwhile ever drops. Than i went to AH to see if there are any good upgrades , but it turns out they cost ALLOT of gold. Allot mor than i have atm ...

Act 2 is way harder than act 1. I mean you spend alot of effort to kill just 1 elite pack and it drops some crappy lvl51 yellow gear and its the same gear that drops in inferno act 1. The only way to progress is with farming gold somewhere, and than buying upgrades on the AH. I read somewhere that act 3 and 4 are so much harder , and they still drop crappy low lvl loot ....

I think i will not finish inferno cause i dont get any joy when playing , and i kinda miss the feeling of accomplishment (when you get the loot from that you actualy need)

The only thing im looking for now is PVP when it comes out. Thats why im lvling a demon hunter now, cose i think it will be fun to play pvp with em ))

It is like phantom menace .... it misses something when i compare it to my dayes of playing diablo 2 ...

I don't really see many complaints that the gameplay/content are bad. People are just QQing about "no offline mode" and "RMAH" and "lulz error 37"; mostly complaints about things outside of the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    About a spoiled little brat?

Tbh the choice of actor is probably a lot to blame, the acting by all characters was so bad.
    He was a kid with the entire weight of the world on his shoulders. Too many people disregard his age.

I don't see how it's not fitting for him to react the way he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read a thing about it either, didn't even read up the BlizzCon thing or a thing about it on MMO. Yet I was still dissapointed. Judging from most of my friends, myself and a growing number of people on forums, the game isn't doing it for us. The game was over-hyped, not necessarily by players but by the title itself. Regardless of over-hype, too many problems with D3 to make it stand out alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    I am so sick of dumb retarded people with absouletely no taste in movies. If new trilogy is "damn good" and there is actually "story" in it, then please give me the weed you are smoking cause it must be some good shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I don't really see many complaints that the gameplay/content are bad. People are just QQing about "no offline mode" and "RMAH" and "lulz error 37"; mostly complaints about things outside of the content.
    Well a Sunday School teacher could write a better story, but Diablo is a grinding game, most of us do it for the boss kills in Inferno and co-op play. Beyond the combat, nothing would keep us glued to the game.

Deleted
    Some people clearly don't understand enjoyment is subjective and proceed to make baseless personal assumptions against people who like the thing they don't.

Here's a tip:

Ah yes, this is the internet and I'm wasting my time saying all of this

I'd be interested to hear what all the D3 naysayers would've done to improve the game without having access to feedback from the mass public on a majority of the gameplay.

Blizzard had to do in-house testing for most of the content to prevent the story from being spoiled by having a full beta. To be quite honest with everyone, I think they did a pretty damn good job. The combat feels solid and adequately challenging. Inferno actually requires gear farming to progress which is what games like Diablo are all about. And they created a pretty solid story arc with amazing cutscenes to enhance that story-telling.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

I agree the story could have used some work. Belial the Lord of Lies is worse at lying than the Templar trying to say he isn't interested in the Enchantress, and Azmodan the master tactician of Hell gives away all his moves. LOOK OUT I'M COMING FROM ARREAT CRATER! I SNUCK IN YO KEEP, DON'T SEND ANY TROOPS TO THE BASEMENT FOR LIKE 5 HOURS KTHANKS!

Encounter Magda: She teleports away
    Encounter Magda at her house: Cannot teleport away <- Is she restricted to a hearthstone or something???
    I had to chime in here, this is a good example of people who think they understand what a "plot hole" or "continuity error" is, when in fact they just made an assumption.

Assumption: When magda teleports, it isn't to her home base.
    Arguments against that assumption: Town Portal and Waystones have fixed locations you return to.
    Occam's Razor: Magda has a fixed location she ends up when she teleports.

Magda cannot teleport away from her house: her house is her TP location.

Belial sucks at lying: who knows? Maybe he knew about Diablo's plan to form the Prime Evil all along, and was goading you into putting him on the soulstone in such a way that you'd think he was defeated and he was all like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! In fact, he wanted you to do it all along and you were duped by him.

Just an example.

In conclusion, seriously stop pretending that plots are bad or stupid or hamfisted or anything else when you clearly didn't take the time to think about them one bit. Or, I suppose maybe you thought about them a lot but are bad at literature? Possibly? Just a thought.

99% of the "plotholes" people complain about on the internet are explained within the plot they're complaining about, it just irks me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Ah yes, this is the internet and I'm wasting my time saying all of this