Auction house prices are dropping like a rock for sub-60 items...

I tried to get rid of my yellows in my stash and noticed that the lowest buyout prices for many of the useful (primary stat/vitality/sockets) rares were typically under 1k.

The only thing that seems to be worthwhile auctioning are rings and amulets.

I'm actually fine with this, as vendoring is a whole lot less hassle.

Is there a niche market I'm missing among the non-Inferno items?

It's just that the market is saturated with people still trying to get rid of items they kept while leveling because they were good at the time, but most people are done leveling on at least one of their characters and are looking to progress in inferno on that character so there isn't actually much demand for items that aren't good at level 60.

It'll eventually stabilize as people start to vendor those items that the market is currently flooded with and people start working on a second character, but it'll never get back to the launch week prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    It's just that the market is saturated with people still trying to get rid of items they kept while leveling because they were good at the time, but most people are done leveling on at least one of their characters and are looking to progress in inferno on that character so there isn't actually much demand for items that aren't good at level 60.

It'll eventually stabilize as people start to vendor those items that the market is currently flooded with and people start working on a second character, but it'll never get back to the launch week prices.
    To me it doesn't even seem to be worth the time or the auction sell slot to list something for less than 5k.

Rings and amulets costs like over a mill, the lowest is about 400k each I guess. I think its cus of the rarity of the ring/amulet drops that they're so high on price.
    I guess legendaries are A BIT overpriced, not sure but prob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Is there a niche market I'm missing among the non-Inferno items?
    +exp items for level 1, level 10, level 20, level 30, and so on.

For example, almost all of the level 1 +exp items are bid only, with no buyout. Those with buyout are tens of thousands. Find some +4 exp items and put them up for reasonable prices (10-20K, maybe a bit more) and I'm sure you'll find buyers. I would've bought a full set if they'd had buyouts, but people seem to want to put them up for pennies with just a bid.

Their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Rings and amulets costs like over a mill, the lowest is about 400k each I guess. I think its cus of the rarity of the ring/amulet drops that they're so high on price.
    I guess legendaries are A BIT overpriced, not sure but prob.
    Hmm, curious. Are you searching with any limit to the item cost? I bought a very strong amulet the other day for around 75,000 gold. I'm certain it wouldn't have lasted long on the AH, but there are sub-optimal (but still decent) rings/amulets on the ah for 20-50k

If you know how to look, you can find nice 50-59 gear for 15k and under.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    silhouette is right

my level 60 WD started life with 300 all resists, 18k dps, 30k hp and 2.2k armour and the entire gear set (i bought everything) cost me just under 110k

although range has it a lot less brutal on resist stacking than some classes i admit

I bought a level 21 wand for 6k with 30 ish int and 30 ish vit and 38ish DPS. Felt good
    RETH