Deleted

When MoP is up, is justice/valor converted to gold?

I wonder if it's worth it to wait or buy mats/items for mats because if they'll give something like 10 silver or less for one over the cap, or worse, nothing, it might be best to look for ways to get gold now.

edit: also honor/conquest etc.

Deleted
    I think when cata came out I had full honor and justice cap at 85. So maybe they will do it again.

I have no idea what will happen to valor/conquest points

Deleted
    They will tell you in advance. Its never much money anyway.
    Not that it should be,

Why would they? Valor points will surely just be thrown into your pot of JP.

Everything was only converted into gold at WotLK because they were badges then and not JP/VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain that, with Cata's release, they converted the top-tier PvE currency to Justice Points (I forget if it was called Valor in WotLK) at a certain ratio. If you hit cap, it was converted to gold at a ratio (it was never a ton of gold). Same for PvP currencies.

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be no different than how it is done every patch.

Valor->Justice. Anything over the 4k JP cap is converted to gold at whatever ratio (10s per point?)
    Conquest->Honor. Anything over the 4k HP cap is converted to gold at whatever ratio (10s per point?)

Even if you cap both at 4k, at the going rate of 2200 per major piece and 1650 for lesser pieces, at most you could get, like, a chest and glove or something. It's a boost over the guy with 0, sure, but it isn't like you are completely decked out within 5 minutes of hitting 90. And to be fair, you also farmed up, while the other guy did nothing, so screw that guy!

Deleted
    10 silver? I heard more. 30s or 45s in another case. Though not sure if there is a difference mid-expansion and on expansion.

If it's 10s it's very low.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt that with the new system they talked about, where you upgrade your gear with Valor, that they'd let us start the expansion with a full load of them. So my guess is it gets converted. Trouble is they haven't said yet what they will do with Justice, or what it's going to do. So no way of knowing if they convert to that or gold, and even IF they convert to Justice, if that's going to be of any use.

For honor/Conquest it's probably easier and the same will happen as Cata: convert Conquest to honor, and anything over certain cap converted to gold. Same logic applies here, that they don't want people to start with a full load of Conquest to immediately buy the top end gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I'm fairly certain that, with Cata's release, they converted the top-tier PvE currency to Justice Points (I forget if it was called Valor in WotLK) at a certain ratio. If you hit cap, it was converted to gold at a ratio (it was never a ton of gold). Same for PvP currencies.

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.
    We didn't use points in Wrath, still got this things called badges.... Anyways, as I recall they converted them to justice when the systems change over patch came out a few weeks before cata release, and they converted arena points into honor, and anything over the honor cap we have now was converted into money and mailed to you. I got a few hundred g out my mailbox.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Yes but the big question is, is it 10silver or up to 45silver (per point) that I have heard? If it's 10 it might be too little.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Yes but the big question is, is it 10silver or up to 45silver (per point) that I have heard? If it's 10 it might be too little.
    Are you really trying to make a decent amount of gold off of making sure you overcap?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Are you really trying to make a decent amount of gold off of making sure you overcap?
    It didn't sound like he was implying that, really.
    10 silver per point does suck. I'm not poor in the slightest but it needs to be like 25s+ per point really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Well, it's a simple multiplication. If you have 20,000 conquest - which is easy even today, let alone on release - and 4000 honor, you may get on 45silver per point, 10k. I know it's not spectacular (even if some may manage much more than 20k) but, if on the other hand you get mats from it you may not reach more than 4k.