Deleted

Barb vs. Monk - 2-player with a DH

I'm going to roll an alt with a friend of mine who's going Demon Hunter. I'd like to play melee, as my current "main" is a Wizard. I'm trying to decide between monk and barb.

Some questions.

- Which one would allow me to pull the most DPS? (I don't like being extremely tank-y and unable to do any damage whatsoever).
    - Which one generally does better in inferno?
    etc.

Thx in advance.

EDIT: just to clarify - this is almost only for group play, with some odd single player thrown into the mix once in a while.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2012-06-01 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Monk for group play.Monk for solo play.
    Monk

I'd personally say roll a monk, the amount of survivability they have is pretty insane while not having to sacrifice damage all that much and between the passive "Resolve" ( 25% damage reduction for 2.5 secs after you deal damage) and the rune for Crippling Wave "Concussion" (20% damage reduction) combined with the "One with Everything" passive it allows you just stack 1 resistance and its applied to all of them.

On the other hand the barbarian IMO has the highest damage output in probably the game if you are able to use a certain setup, getting 9-12k HotA's at lvl 43 with a 80 DPS weapon. Combine that with the Ignore Pain "Ignorance is Bliss" rune which allows for 20% of the damage you deal during Ignore Pain to heal you its pretty much a toss up.

All in all i cant advise much about Inferno (too busy leveling alt's and that jazz) but id see Monk's being the more survivable of the two while retaining a decent amount of damage through not having to gimp your stats on inferno due to the required Resistances.

Go with a Barbarian, since the barb and the DH use gear that is exclusive to each other, so you got double the chance to get a new item. Highest convenience combo.

If you wanna go the maximum synergy route gameplay wise, pick the monk.

Deleted
    Go barb, they seem to be less broken than monks in endgame.

Somthing he forgot to say (DH friend here) is that he dosnt like using shields. And I have a 60 barb halfway into act 1 inferno myself. And I know that If I dont use a shield I almost instantly die. So the question is. Can you play in a 2 player mode as a monk w/o using shield? just going for hard LoH stack?

Deleted
    Not a chance.