Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mygodman View Post
    For the 12 years when they were in power, the Labour Party took everything from low paid hard workers and gave it all to welfare spongers.

Gypsies completely trash the land they live on and make the lives of people around them a misery.

They therefore get special treatment and more rights than anyone else.

As usual the country's hardest low paid workers get fleeced of their tax money to pay for it.

What you have heard is all true.
    AND STILL PEOPLE BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT THE CUTS AND AUSTERITY THE TORIES HAVE PUT IN PLACE TO TRY AND GET THE COUNTY BACK TO SOME SORT OF WORKING ORDER. (gah caps.. cba retyping it) My biggest concern is when people inevitably vote the idiotic labour prty back into power we will just get the exact same issue of overspending and not giving a fuck so they can blame whoever gets voted in to clean up their mess. Already happened 3 times in the last 100 years so im waiting for round 4 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Satath View Post
    I used to live down the road from Dale farm which was the biggest Gypsy camp in England apparently ._. Most of them were rude and obnoxious but I actually managed to find a couple of Gypsys who didn't want to beat my face in! Anyway apparently when they got moved out a couple of months back,they apparently just moved into a field about 0.5 miles away.
    this. not to mention they where violent and claiming all kinds of discrimination and legalities despite the fact they where illegally placed on green belt land. What made it more infuriating is that all they had to do was apply for planning permission like the lot that did and the problem would never have happened.

Unfortunatly there is no real way to deal with these people. All i could think of is just imprison them for persistent law breaking but that doesnt actually solve anything

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Every experience I have ever had with Gypsies was negative, not saying there are no nice ones but I have never met one. I recommend you check out a series called "My big fat gypsy wedding". It explains quite well why they are hated.

Basically they are taught from birth that they are different, they must never commit crimes against their own people but "outsiders" are fair game. This means they can rob, steal and cheat with no repercussions from their own community.

i agree
    +1

10+ Year Old Account
    Serbia/Bosnia has a ton of em and theres so many reasons to not like them ..... cant type it all...

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    If they live in a house then they are not gypsies, you must be describing another group.
    The word "gypsy" is often used in reference to people of Roma ethnicity, whether they're travelling gypsies or not. Most gypsies in East-Central Europe stay in one place and live in houses.

Deleted
    I usually tend to get offended partially by the association between romanians and gyspys, only partially coz im half polish. Anyway, I never understood why we among all other countries got this plague. i mean, we never made offensive wars against anyone, nor did we enslave and so on...there are countries that really did some bad things trough history but even so, no one deserves the gyspys.
    Not a day goes by without being ashamed i was born in Romania, i am deeply and truly ashamed. Right after the Iron Curtain fell, all Europe screamed at us to Integrate the above mentioned species. We can't, no one can because they have a totally different set of values. They are parasitic and can live only in symbyosis with civilized people so they can suck out money and resources in order to maintain they way of life..without any kind of rules or respect. it is my fault i've been born here and I can't wait to change the continent as soon as possible. After the borders fell, Europe was infested with them and now, what does the so called European Union regarding this delicate situation ? they send us back because there is no Human way to deal with them other then mass genocide. It's a sad truth but its the truth.
    I used to like and approve the Western Civilization and thinking until....everyone blindly associates us with gypsys. No one really sees there is a quite big difference between us and them as a culture, skin color, thinking and acomplishments and no one even bothers to do so. For what they know, gypsys build Sarmisegetusza and fought against Roman Empire 2k years ago. Western thinking makes me sick and its not nearly as evolved and civilized regarding social interactions as it wants to be. Just looking briefly at above posts makes my argument true, many references to romanians as if gypsys and us are one and the same. So u see, we, romanians are pretty much in the middle of all this, But who cares anyway, just continue, you, western countries know whats right and true about everyone. Enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    As myself i never think of romanians as gypsies , you arent the same nor will i ever call romanians gypsies..

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

I'm Dutch, and in my experience, gypsies are...
    People. Not rude at all, really. Quite respectful, even.

The problem with Gypsies is not JUST with Gypsies. It's also a problem with Settlers.
    Let me explain:

We, on the whole, are mostly Settlers, right? We live in one place for a long time, don't move about too much. Our cultures completely revolve around that fact. We don't pick up things we find (much, and only if there's absolutely no confusion about belonging), we keep to ideas like borders, we possess not freely but obsessively.

Gypsies (with which I mean any kind of travelling folk, be they Roma, or Tinkers, or anything else) are NOT Settlers. Their cultures revolve around staying somewhere for a very short amount of time, and packing up and leaving. For picking up whatever is of use; that is the advantage of travelling a lot. They do not possess obsessively as we do; possession is often a much more... Liquid thing. So of course they don't have steady jobs. Of course they don't follow a steady education. Anything that's steady goes against their cultures, just like it seems to be the pinnacle of our cultures.

The two lifestyles, then, immediately and directly oppose one another, and thus, conflict arises. But if you call Gypsies a menace because they don't abide by YOUR rules, then so can Gypsies call Settlers a menace because we don't abide by THEIRS.

On of the principles of the Settlers is The Enemy. Settlers have a well-defined territory, and anything that crosses it and doesn't seem to agree with the rules of that territory is automatically labelled The Enemy. Settlers generally don't consider how anyone not belonging to their group feels or thinks about anything; they don't consider things from a perspective outside of their own Settled Ways. Whether it's a pack of wolves that might take a stray sheep, or a band of Gypsies that may take a stray bicycle, Settlers are determined to act as if the one doing the taking is The Enemy rather than trying to understand that there is simply a huge cultural gap that causes this conflict, and try to find a solution.

Likewise, the Gypsies should indeed cut the Settlers some slack, and understand that they live their lives differently. That their grasp of things is different.

The whole conflict doesn't exist because of one party being The Enemy; it exists because both parties are too stupid and bull-headed to look beyond their own cultural conventions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nieeru View Post
    Just don't forget about all the persecution they've suffered through generations, that's still going on.
    Thank you very much Nieeru for this perspective! I don't think many people realize how racist they are being by generalizing about the Romani people. Many are settled and indistinguishable from the native population.

Deleted
    This is probably both racist, sexist AND naive, but it is all I think when I hear "gypsies"

Yummm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    People might come bash you because you continue to make bigoted ignorant statements.
    He is most likely telling the truth though, his comments are full of hate, he has been effected by this, quite badly it seems. However hate back to them causes more hate, so its best to use my view "they're scum till they prooe that they are worth the ground they stand on", thats something that goes for non-gypsies aswell.

Quick story from my past in my 5th year of primary school (england btw :P) the gypsies would come and park the caravans on the green park (not actualy supposed to have them there) they would then set up silly little rides in about a week after charge £1 for a go then try sell all sorts of crap, the kids looked as skregy as the adults but hey didn't seem that bad; but it was a small village so i wouldn't be surprised if they bullied the village councle into letting them be there.
    Now for my final proof, we had a bike riding week at school for road safty and what not, the bikes were locked up behind gates in the school. They attempted to steal the bikes, failed oddly, next day they were gone... leaving the filth and tracks all over the green, i'm willing to bet if the oak tree and fence around it was worth more they would have cut it down as well.

As a final note, i have no hate for them, i just see anyone who commits crime as scum. So dont hate gypsies, hate certain gypsies :P

10+ Year Old Account
    People from the US often confuse the term "Gypsy" in the UK.

We aren't talking about Romani culture gypsies, we're talking about caravan pikeys who abuse the law and land.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Not to mention their construction/paving 'businesses' tend to take advantage of the elderly and vunerable by bullying them into work then charging huge amounts for substandard work.
    Same thing here in the US. There is a "camp" in this area too, some of the biggest over the top houses you will ever see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    People from the US often confuse the term "Gypsy" in the UK.

We aren't talking about Romani culture gypsies, we're talking about caravan pikeys who abuse the law and land.
    On the contrary, nobody outside of the UK thinks of the term "gypsy" as anything else than the romani cultere gypsies. The caravan pikeys is pretty unique to the british isles.

Deleted
    Closing. Hateful language towards any minority will not be tolerated on these forums and, unfortunately, this thread has quite a lot of it in its responses.