EQ2 new emote system.. Wow?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/01/so...ur-eq2-avatar/
    So Eq2 will be adding a feature that will take your facial expression and slap it on whatever toon you are playing.
    So is this amazing new tech? Would you like to see it in WOW, Rift, TOR, or whatever you are playing?
    Will this provide more emersion into a game? Is it even needed?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

So much money spent on such a useless feature (for my playstyle)... btw it's not a "new tech", these kind of things (face recognition) have been in games for a long time already.

Deleted
    Well its not new and amazing Nintendo have been doing it for a while with 3DS and dident the Eye toy thingy for PS2 have it aswell ?

And no i dont want to see it ingame just think of all the kids or non mature people that would think it was funny to put up pictures of their genitals on there.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    So much money spent on such a useless feature (for my playstyle)... btw it's not a "new tech", these kind of things (face recognition) have been in games for a long time already.
    but *i could be wrong* not in a mmorpg.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Well its not new and amazing Nintendo have been doing it for a while with 3DS and dident the Eye toy thingy for PS2 have it aswell ?

And no i dont want to see it ingame just think of all the kids or non mature people that would think it was funny to put up pictures of their genitals on there.
    im sure they will set something up to if you put ur genitals on the pic and send it you get banned.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    but *i could be wrong* not in a mmorpg.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 03:02 PM ----------

im sure they will set something up to if you put ur genitals on the pic and send it you get banned.

Surely only you can see the actual pictures from your webcam, and that's simply for calibration purposes. I imagine the webcam would simply stop tracking if it loses sight of your face.

This actually looks really cool, and for an MMO could add a lot of immersion in the game, assuming your grouping with people your on VOIP to. For most people however I imagine it would do nothing, to the RP'ers however it could completely change their game.

This actually strikes me as being a little creepy. I wouldn't want something like this for much the same reason that I use a push to talk key.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post

Nothing from your webcam is shown ingame so noone would be able to abuse it.

It seems useless, even from a roleplaying standpoint. Not to mention it would be impractical when Skelington wants his character to make an ahegao for extensive periods of time.