Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    You can sell gold for money. All gold in the game will have a real money worth. The markets are connected and will both be used.
    wait what!? i thought they were both seperate!

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    No monthly maintenance FEE; i.e. no subscription like WoW or SWTOR.
    Thank you - I probably should have spelled that out, but as we were speaking of "fees" in general, I felt it was inferred (which you clearly got) ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Mid-market rates: 2012-06-01 16:23 UTC

60.00 EUR = 74.4674 USD

Taken from www.xe.com

Icelandic ISK.

1 EUR = 172 ISK
    1 USD = 119 ISK.

You see?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

No monthly maintenance FEE; i.e. no subscription like WoW or SWTOR.
    right thats why for blizzard it is a good idea to do RMAH so they keep making money off of D3. don't get me wrong now im all for it if i can make a little extra cash playing a game i enjoy why not.

as i said before i feel they will wait untill patch 1.1 to release the RMAH cause the Pvp they said there adding in 1.1 will fuel it.
    by people wanting the best gear to beat other players and top the leaderbord.

Like many others have said *You do not need to use eather of the auction house's you can just grind trash untill something useful drops.
    bitching about it is kinda useless as i said i think they made the RMAH with PVP in mind cause PVP will fuel it by a lot *PVP in d3 will be endless PVE in D3 ends with the final act in inferno.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    wait what!? i thought they were both seperate!
    The real money auction house will have a section for selling gold. Thus, gold will have a dollar value that can be directly translated to the gold auction house.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
    How in the world does gear not from the game make it's way into the rmah? I'm pretty sure the people that put that gear into the rmah got it from playing the game. Or does the rmah offer gear that doesn't drop from the game?
    I dont think he/she means that the gear was generated in the ah but that people have to get their gear through the ah and not farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Icelandic ISK.

1 EUR = 172 ISK
    1 USD = 119 ISK.

You see?
    No mention on your original post about ISK.

You see?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I do not think many people have "beaten" the game without going to the auction house. When the "real money" auctions start, good gear will start to move over to it from the gold auction house leaving it the main source of getting gear needed to progress.

Yes, the items on the auction house where found by players. But they are often of the "another good strength item found on my witch doctor, better sell it" variety. At least thats the story behind everything I've sold so far.

I sell the items I cant use to buy the items I need. My gear, and from the sound of it many other peoples as well, comes not from the game I am playing, but from the auction house.
    Didn't you previously state that the RMAH will probably not happen anyways? I think most items will be sold for in game gold because its easier to move that way as most people don't want to use real money on every item they buy but those people will also buy in game gold. So you sell an item for real game gold and you take that gold and sell it for real life money back to the consumer. Gold will be easier to move as not everyone wants a sword with +INT. Sell everything for gold, then sell the gold for real money.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-06-01 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Didn't you previously state that the RMAH will probably not happen anyways?
    That was more of a sarcastic comment on the state of the server stability pushing back the real money auction house opening. It will happen. Blizzards business model for Diablo 3 is dependent on it. Without it, there is nothing to pay for the ongoing server costs.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

That was more of a sarcastic comment on the state of the server stability pushing back the real money auction house opening. It will happen. Blizzards business model for Diablo 3 is dependent on it. Without it, there is nothing to pay for the ongoing server costs.
    I notice you always seem to make exagerated claims but when people use logic to tear apart your comments you just make more exagerated claims. Touche.

I'm glad that you agree that Blizzard isnt using the RMAH to fund their corporate greed, they are using it to provide servers so players are safer from hacking and can safely buy and sell things for real life money. I'm sure they are making a profit too, isn't that why everyone in society goes to work every day?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-06-01 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in WoW, the AH is an option. If you feel you *must have* that item *right now*, then the AH is there.
    Unlike WoW, finding gear for your class is not a given in Diablo 3.

-Kujako-

How is it a rip off? You either buy or sell an item for whatever is posted on the RMAH, Blizzard does not set the costs, players do.

While leveling I used the AH a few times to get a new weapon as I wasn't getting anything to drop, but is it needed ? Not in the slightest. It is there for convenience, nothing more.

With the RMAH, no matter what fee's there are, people are forgetting that it is FREE MONEY. You are selling a virtual item, nothing tangible. I will care less if I sell an item for 2$ and after fees I make 1$ , it is still free money in the end. I will most likely put all my money into my Bnet balance and use it to pay for my WoW sub or pets etc that are out since I hate having to use paypal.

WoW is the exact same, drops are random, albeit there are static items so it is easier to get gear compared to D3 where all gear is random. I have been after my right binding for my thunderfury for 5 years... tell me that it is it a given...
    Last edited by Synche; 2012-06-01 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    I do not think many people have "beaten" the game without going to the auction house. When the "real money" auctions start, good gear will start to move over to it from the gold auction house leaving it the main source of getting gear needed to progress.

Yes, the items on the auction house where found by players. But they are often of the "another good strength item found on my witch doctor, better sell it" variety. At least thats the story behind everything I've sold so far.

I sell the items I cant use to buy the items I need. My gear, and from the sound of it many other peoples as well, comes not from the game I am playing, but from the auction house.
    Gz you figured out what diablo is about, trading *claps*

Because all raiders always get the drops they need in a timely manner. Surely anyone who's raided DS for more than a couple of weeks has every item they need, correct?

wait a second,

if you put a item on RMAH you cant buy it with gold ?????? srsly ? if so, this will fuck up the game for sure.

Just like in WoW, the AH is an option. If you feel you *must have* that item *right now*, then the AH is there. If you play D3 as a competition, then you playing that way leads you to the AH. If you play it like I do, as something to waste my time instead of TV, I won't be buying items on the RMAH, but if I find something awesome that I can't use, then any money I can make from the game is just gravy. I have a job and make a living already. I'll take my wife and kids out to dinner when I get enough, even if it takes me a couple months.

Again, as far as what Blizzard takes as their cut: Imagine you owned a building, with all the provisions and equipment to run a business. Someone comes in and makes money using your equipment and your provisions in your building. Wouldn't you expect a cut of all that, especially since you provided everything but the labor? I would.
    i couldn't agree with you more my point all this bs about the RMAH is kinda stupid more so cause its not even out yet best way to look at it is you got 2 choice's
    Choice A) Grind gear untill you find the item u want never use eather auction house .
    Choice B) Use w/e auction house u want to get a upgrade you need. you can use the RMAH and make a little cash playing a game you enjoy or use the gold auction house and just upgrade as you need it or use both.

Edit: In the End play the game how *YOU* want and stop bitching about how others play it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I notice you always seem to make exagerated claims but when people use logic to tear apart your comments you just make more exagerated claims. Touche.
    Not only that but I make exaggerated claims (the extra g is for "great")!

And I dont know how much I'm exaggerating here. Blizzards business model is based on the real money auction house to pay for ongoing costs associated with running the game server side. From my and many other peoples experiences so far, the game is near unplayable without using the auction house to fill in some holes in itemization. Once people can start getting real money for the same gear, I expect the good items to migrate over to the real money auction house.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I guess what I am trying to say:

It would be in Blizzard's best interest to (in a nutshell) keep people on the RMAH instead of the gold one. The incentive is there for them to get their money's worth. To do that...make drops (good drops) rare so people need to use the AH to gear up, design it so the best gear will go on the RMAH, the normal AH would have prices so high gold-wise for the good gear that it funnels people to the RMAH where again, Blizzard will make themselves more money.

Does it not seem like a scheme? A legal one yes, but it seems dishonest and scheming.
    I personally think that the price for gold on the RMAH is going to be a guide for prices across both currency models. Everything boils down to time to aquire in game, what is an hour worth to you? The time to aquire gold for example is going to set the price on the RMAH. That in turn will likely set the cost of everything else.

Unless I'm mistaken wouldn't people have to find the gear in game before it could be posted on the auction house?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the difference between the RMAH and the old websites that use to sell gear? Nothing... just this time, you don't have to worry about getting scammed.