Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I never lose track of my homes. I make sure to remember the surrounding terrain and become familiar with the land. That, and I also memorize the coordinates of my various bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Does the Xbox one not have mods? I highly suggest you just buy it for PC if that's the case
    Consoles generally don't have mods availaible to them on any game. Makes things like elder scrolls or minecraft utterly useless waste of money and time on them.

And no, I don't lose my house. I don't even have a compass, but I can always check the directions from the sun. My house is a giant fortress with city around, too, with oil pipelines and a humongous aqueduct, coastal artillery fortresses build into shore mountains. It's kinda hard to miss. And the laser gates glow nicely in the night. I have also selected a few surrounding places for future projects, so I really only need to be within 10k blocks to know exactly where I am. And when I'll run out of oil and need to explore further awy for more wells, I'll just do it in my airship.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah I like it. I've always done the "torches on the left strategy where if the torch is on your right you're heading back.
    I started doing the same after seeing Paul Soares Jr. doing that in his How To Survive and Thrive in Minecraft tutorial videos on Youtube.Except he does the torches on the right and heading back they are on your left.

Deleted
    Since my primary activity in minecraft is to build and test goblin-engineering-safety-level mob traps (primarily functioning by using the overlapping scientific fields of very-deep-hole-digging and use-of-humongous-amounts-of-explosives) I'd say pretty often.

Deleted
    make a 10-15 high pillar place 4 tourches on all sides of top block,

do this every time your previous tower starts to get far away.

alternatively if your truly lost make a tower like 100 tall and turn your view distance to max, go afk while it loads and you might be able to see your house if it's a decent side landmark and not hidden in a cliff.