Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How often do you lose your house in Minecraft?

So, currently I've been wandering around for about an hour now looking for my house, I went off to cut some wood but I ended up taking a wrong turn or something and ended up losing my house. I play on the Xbox version too so there is no mod to help me locate my house. =\

My question to you is, how often do you end up getting lost and losing your house in Minecraft? If I wander off without a map, I can barely if ever find it ever again.

Don't you have a compass?

back before compass was in i use to build towers and set a fire (when they last forever on just wood) for some reason the fire was visible for such a ways away
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Revlen View Post
    Don't you have a compass?
    Left it in my house =\

Make a bunch of torches and use them as flags/waypoints?

I haven't lost my houses yet without any effort to mark them, good sense of orientation plus eidetic memory help.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's why you leave beacons or something to signal you if you're ever lost. Back in Minecraft alpha before mods were widely known, the way I'd find my way back when exploring far away was to find a peak of a hill or mountain and put a torch on top of some wood about 10 blocks high. That way if I'm ever lost, I'd just look around for the lights on top of hills to navigate my way back to home base.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Make a bunch of torches and use them as flags/waypoints?

I haven't lost my houses yet without any effort to mark them, good sense of orientation plus eidetic memory help.
    Well, in the Xbox version, you can only see so far until it fogs and gets blurry, and I have made giant towers, I'm looking for one now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What type of biome was your house in?

Because it's easier to find your house when it's on a beach as opposed to a jungle.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    What type of biome was your house in?

Because it's easier to find your house when it's on a beach as opposed to a jungle.
    Yeah, I found my house, it's on a Beach, I went back, got my Map, Compass, and Clock, I've been working on making railways connecting my main house with my other houses.

I never loose my house.

Deleted
    I've never lost my house. Mainly because I can just simply remember anyway.

I'd rather use the nether to connect the world to your house.

I never lose my House, because I write down the Coordinates, and F3 to victory if I get lost
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

My house is built on the tallest tree I could find in the jungle so I almost never lose it, but before that, and before compasses, I used to lose it almost everytime when I go out mining until I built huge towers each time I couldn't see the previous tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before, I'd build the occasional pillar or something marking it, and build it somewhere noticeable (on the coast, usually). Never got lost then by doing that.

A friend showed me a mod that you can get that adds a minimap, and the option to add waypoints, and with that, I don't get lost.

I've lost one or two to creeper explosions, does that count? I think I've only lost a primary base once when I first started with MC and even then I found it eventualy. If I do a long distance roam looking for specific resorces or bioms I'll normaly bring a couple stacks of torches and just drop one every 20-30 blocks. I've also resorted to building pillars on occasion, nothing like a 20block high pillar of dirt or whatevers in the area as a landmark.

Who is John Galt?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I've also resorted to building pillars on occasion, nothing like a 20block high pillar of dirt or whatevers in the area as a landmark.
    This too. I would usually construct a large (up to the clouds) cross where my home area was. That or you can just kill yourself and you'll spawn at your bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm just get a minimap mod and put in a waypoint at ur house. problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim View Post
    uhm just get a minimap mod and put in a waypoint at ur house. problem solved
    Read the OP, I said I have the Xbox version...

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 03:46 PM ----------

Also, what I've been doing though is building like, 60 block high pillars and then put lava at the top, I also have a little like, 2 block high pool so that the lava falls in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    Read the OP, I said I have the Xbox version...[COLOR="red"]
    Does the Xbox one not have mods? I highly suggest you just buy it for PC if that's the case
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO