10+ Year Old Account

Booted Out of Game After Switching Chat Channels

So just now, I discovered that if you switch chat channels twice (ex. going from general to trade and then back to general), it boots you out of your current game and then logs you out. All I was doing was seeing how many people were in the trade channel, since I was curious when someone started bitching at another for trying to sell an item in general. It caused me to have to redo the entire Cave of the Betrayer, as I was nearly at the quest item at the time of being kicked offline. I tried it a second time after I logged back in to test it and it did in fact do the same thing.

you should probably post this in diablo's tech support forum as a bug report.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it has to do with preventing gold sellers from spamming in multiple channels, unfortunately. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I think it has to do with preventing gold sellers from spamming in multiple channels, unfortunately. :\
    Probably correct. What's to prevent them from putting a 5-10 sec delay into the script though. Kinda a silly "defense meachanism" that just hurts players more than the companies it is trying to stop.

At least they are trying though, even if all it will do is slow them down for a day tops.