The Green Lantern is Gay

The Green Lantern has been rebooted -- he's young again, and he's gay.

DC Comics just announced which character is coming out of the closet, and it's Alan Scott, aka the Green Lantern.

In his prior life, Green Lantern -- on Earth 2 (in an alternate universe) -- was married with 2 superhero kids. But now he's come back as an unmarried, media mogul who we're sure throws amazing Hollywood parties. He's also a Type-A. Sound like anyone you've heard of???

But here's the thing ... we smell tokenism. Fictional fact is there are more than 7,200 Green Lanterns in DC's comic book world -- so adding ONE gay lantern, in an alternate universe no less, suddenly seems less impressive.

Fun fact: The Green Lantern's Achilles' Heel is wood.

Additional Information:

When news broke that a comic book hero would be re-introduced as gay, the organization One Million Moms released a statement saying, "Why do adult gay men need comic superheroes as role models? They don’t but do want to indoctrinate impressionable young minds by placing these gay characters on pedestals in a positive light."

In response to that, GLAAD tells TMZ, "The idea that a comic book character will make young people gay is as outlandish as saying it will give them a green power ring and the ability to fly. Even more outlandish is the idea that there are 'one million moms' who believe this hate group's anti-gay nonsense. From Christian churches to sports fields, to now even fictional comic book worlds, our culture overwhelmingly supports gay and lesbian Americans and that's what anti-gay groups like this are working against."

Deleted
    The need for sexuality in any comic is saddening.

I think this is dumb ( I am not anti gay). They made the new spiderman Latino and now Green Lantern is gay? People don't like super heros because of what race they are or sexual preference they are. Its not that I don't like them being gay or Latino it just bothers me that they changed something completely unnecessary for no real reason.
    Hi Sephurik

Oh DC. You will never learn tact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, maybe some gay kid will read the comic and it might help him feel more 'accepted'. Maybe he will have someone to look up to thats gay just like he/she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew Ryan Reynolds was gay.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this. While it's interesting that they finally revealed the answer, topics on sexuality are not allowed, and this will just inevitably end in a pro/anti flame war.