Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does everyone here understand what enrage in d3 means?

It was nothing like i expected, ive heard people complain about it but now i see. The boss doesnt hit harder (like wow) you simply die in 2secs. There is no way to avoid it once a monster has enraged. Die, go back in, get the skull on your head and dead in 2 secs, your life just bleeds.

I dont think blizz plays their own game

10+ Year Old Account
    That only happens on boss/champion packs.

Deleted
    If you are talking about elite mobs, focus 1 mob down, then reset them by standing in town for 1 minute. repeat until 0 left. If you mean bosses, then you simply dont have the dps required to kill the boss. simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't want to copy wow enrage i can imagine the rage over that, so they chose a different way of doing it.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    It was nothing like i expected, ive heard people complain about it but now i see. The boss doesnt hit harder (like wow) you simply die in 2secs. There is no way to avoid it once a monster has enraged. Die, go back in, get the skull on your head and dead in 2 secs, your life just bleeds.

I dont think blizz plays their own game
    If you die in 2 seconds from the elite mob enrage, then you're a ranged squishy who shouldn't even be coming close to the enrage timers. If you're melee, you should be able to continue fighting through the enrage for 20-30 seconds to finish off the mob.

I dont think you understand what enrage means in d3 cat, i explained it in the first post. Let me guess you stand in the butchers fire for 20-30 secs as well when he enrages? Same thing only no fire, you just bleed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you understand what enrage means in d3 cat, i explained it in the first post. Let me guess you stand in the butchers fire for 20-30 secs as well when he enrages? Same thing only no fire, you just bleed out.
    Ive stood in the fire on butcher for more then 30 sec when he enraged with ignore pain - leap with armor rune - revenge - and charge healing rune, just had to pot and use both healing things in the room.
    Tho I was pretty well geared for him (was in coop when we where 4 and the other 3 had just gotten to inferno and I was helping them kill him.)

Ive also gone against act 2-3 elite packs that enrage and stayed alive for more then 30 sec.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Its called out of time debuff. Google it guys. Had it myself.

Engage hard pack fighting for 2 mins>dies>long walk back>it now had enrage out off time debuff>instant dies, no idea wtf happens for 2-3 deaths>cause it didnt reset HP the 1st time I died, counter keept ticking gg.

the "skull" debuff only happens with rare spawns and elites. You can work around it by taking it slow, the debuff does dmg to you based on you hitting them. The more you hit them the higher it stacks.

Bosses enrages can kill you very fast, but you can still beat them. for example, Butcher catches the whole room on fire when he enrages, as a barb I just pop WoB and go to town on him, if I get low I grab a health well or use a potion.

Juts need to learn to work around the enrages.

I don't think you get the point of enrages in either game.

Or enrage is purposely there as an added mechanic? Ideally, when a boss enrages, and unless the boss is already very low HP, it's 'the end' in WoW too given a few seconds...same goes for enrages in Diablo 3, you've got a very very limited amount of time to finish and that's it. That's how it should be...though it depends on your class/build somewhat in Diablo 3 though.

Read above. As a ranged class, you shouldn't even be close to the enrage. As a melee, yes, I can easily stand in the fire for 30 seconds if it was necessary (just tested to make sure) and keep on going.

As a DEFENSIVE melee i manage to get alot of enrage with extra-health shielding. Seriously blizzard remove those fucking shields!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I don't think you get the point of enrages in either game.
    This. And if you die immediately to for example Butchers enrage, you must be ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Its called out of time debuff. Google it guys. Had it myself.

Engage hard pack fighting for 2 mins>dies>long walk back>it now had enrage out off time debuff>instant dies, no idea wtf happens for 2-3 deaths>cause it didnt reset HP the 1st time I died, counter keept ticking gg.
    Glad to see one person in this thread actually plays inferno.

"As a DEFENSIVE melee i manage to get alot of enrage with extra-health shielding. Seriously blizzard remove those fucking shields! "

How about things that burrow? They hang out underground half the time while that enrage timer keeps ticking.

10+ Year Old Account

SKULL OVER THE HEAD MEANS THE PACK ENRAGED.
    Enrage 0:29
    Dead 0:44.

is that 2 sec? no..... with healing he could have survived even longer, hell if he was a barb or monk he could have survived for another 20 seconds.

I have never had these 2 secs deaths when the packs or bosses enrage, hell even if you get this debuff that´s suppose to be real... you just townportal and wait 1 min until the pack resets.

and OP most of the people that play inferno have never even heard if these 2 second deaths..... stop trying to act like your the only person in here that plays in inferno difficulty.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-06-02 at 08:31 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I've only gotten the "elite enrage" once, and I'm in act 2 inferno as a monk atm.

I got it when I afk'ed near the cemetary in act 1 nightmare, and the enchantress had found a rare monster inside the cemetary and was using the knockback through the wall (which does very little damage) and had it around 40% when I came back and saw the debuff ticking on me.

I lasted about a minute with it ticking with skill usage and potion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

SKULL OVER THE HEAD MEANS THE PACK ENRAGED.
    Enrage 0:29
    Dead 0:44.

is that 2 sec? no..... with healing he could have survived even longer, hell if he was a barb or monk he could have survived for another 20 seconds.

I have never had these 2 secs deaths when the packs or bosses enrage, hell even if you get this debuff that´s suppose to be real... you just townportal and wait 1 min until the pack resets.

and OP most of the people that play inferno have never even heard if these 2 second deaths..... stop trying to act like your the only person in here that plays in inferno difficulty.
    Looks like it scales with mob attributes or when you leave act1 the monster lvl difference makes it hurt a lot more, got mine at the end of act2 from a gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it scales with mob attributes or when you leave act1 the monster lvl difference makes it hurt a lot more, got mine at the end of act2 from a gold.
    I rarely if ever hit enrage at 25-27k DPS. I think you may be doing something wrong. =/
    If you're a tank, and your damage is low, you should actually be able to sit it out.
    If you're not, your damage is too low for your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I rarely if ever hit enrage at 25-27k DPS. I think you may be doing something wrong. =/
    If you're a tank, and your damage is low, you should actually be able to sit it out.
    If you're not, your damage is too low for your character.
    Some monster attribute combo's are extremely difficult. Add in the natural annoyance's the act2 monsters have and it can get ugly.

Its only happened once, but when your faced with shielding+reflect+vamp its hard to kill the boss in time, i usually take out his minions first, then him.