Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Getting Orange Gear tips..

Hey, I have about %80 magic find,I have been playing since the start(level 60 now doing inferno) and I have yet to ever get an orange.. Is this normal? Is their anything people can do to help get oranges?

Deleted
    RNG is RNG and 80% mf isn't much.

Deleted
    Havent gotten any legendarys yet either, not that it bothers me, yellows with perfect stats are way better anyways

I dont really run with any MF, just 5 stacks of neph. valor all the time tho xD

But yes, RNG is RNG as stated

I got a legendary "goldskin" the other day and it was a piece of crap, best stat was 14%mf so yeah legendaries are nothing to be worried about a good itemized rare will always be better.

Deleted
    Think I had clocked in about 110 hours before I had my first legendary, so wouldn't worry about it. RNG is RNG.

I played Nightmare - Hell with 160% Magic find. While I did notice a lot more items dropping, I only ever saw one Legendary. Same with the guildie I was leveling with, he only ever saw one as well. Even now going into Inferno we are not seeing much good loot, besides what we see on the auction house
    Cheap Diablo 3 Gear and more! www.Gnomegates.com

Level 53 and about 34h played, I'm at my third. All low level legends so they realy suck though :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't let the orange color fool you. As blizzard has stated, Legendaries are not 'the best' gear you can find. On the contrary, all the legendaries I've seen on the AH are total garbage compared to yellows of the same level. It's all about stat allocation and which enhancements the gear is generated with. Really depressing that they did this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Don't let the orange color fool you. As blizzard has stated, Legendaries are not 'the best' gear you can find. On the contrary, all the legendaries I've seen on the AH are total garbage compared to yellows of the same level. It's all about stat allocation and which enhancements the gear is generated with. Really depressing that they did this.
    Agreed. Whats the point of being legendary if there is no real difference in power? Why not just make it another yellow item?

15+ Year Old Account
    In about 100 hours I never saw anything, than I had two drop in a single hour. RNG will be RNG.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Agreed. Whats the point of being legendary if there is no real difference in power? Why not just make it another yellow item?
    Legendaries are being buffed in the near future, and they're looking at making more unique affixes to give to legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it makes you feel any better, farming with 180%+ MF I have not gotten a single legendary while my husband has gotten 4-5. RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Think I had clocked in about 110 hours before I had my first legendary, so wouldn't worry about it. RNG is RNG.
    A buddy of mine has only played up to act I with nightmare difficulty, never more than 60% magic find and he's already found 3 or 4 legendaries. RNG is RNG.

So far i've gotten 2x legendaries .. one in normal act 3 and one in nightmare act 3. (both were pants!)

Best of luck!
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

I got a legendary recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I think I like the post where they said they should have named them Uniques instead of Legendaries. Uniques in d2 were sometimes good but lots were not all that great, really good itemized yellows were often better. People associate legendary with wow where it means it's an awesome item.

1) get 5 stacks before each boss kill
    2) get a full MF gear build
    3) swap gear before each kill
    questionable profit as RNG in Diablo is the worst. I have gotten about 5-6 legendaries, all of them being either low level or with the crappiest stats. Better hope for a good 2h rare than a legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten 2. some 50ish bracers in A3 Hell on my Barb and some nice +int Boj Anglers on my DH. got about 750k for the both of them.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I still don't understand what was wrong with calling them "uniques". I absolutely refuse to call them anything else.

I got 2 Legendaries on Nightmare First Act, my other toon is almost done with Hell and hasnt seen 1,,

80% MF for example let say a specific item drop rate is 1% (easy to calculate) it means with 80% MF it has 1.8% drop rate.

Deleted
    120+ hours and 4 legendary's 33 - 55 - 60 - 60