Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which class do you think has the highest DPS?

I've only played Barb to high level so I don't really know what kind of damage other classes can do. Often I hear DH's say they have 100k dps, etc and Wizard's seem to have crazy damage as well but I just don't know. I don't know anything about monk's

So I made a vid of Belial Inferno kill which shows off a few numbers. Now the setup ain't max dps but it is a setup that I can use in Act 4 though i prefer to take some parts out for a bit more defense. The vid shows if you can read 61k dps with a 1200 dps wep but it's the numbers flying off the enemies that are of more interest. I'm wondering if other classes see those kind of numbers and as frequently?

Deleted
    I like how people force me to go tank... while dps is much better... sigh

Witch Doctors with 5 stacks of soul harvest before a pull?

Demon hunters are doing pretty well.

Highest ive personally seen was a Wizard with 60k DPS
    Bleh

Demon Hunters dps is hard to pin point. Given their passive that gives 3% crit every 1 second they don't crit, their listed dps can hit 140k or so that I've seen, but their actual dps in that case is more like 70-75k or so.

Also, their hungering arrow using the increased dmg on piercing can hit huge numbers in one shot. Using my DH with about 30k dps I have hit a 140k crit, but given that was a 4th pierce on a single enemy the arrow itself hit for about 250k+ total.

Without some sort of parse, its awfully hard to say what dps people do.

Demon hunter that streams on Twitch has 219k DPS lol.

Witch do you think? See what I did there?

My wizard is at 65k, but I've seen demon hunters reaching twice that. Barb's can pop their immunity and can do pure dps for 15 seconds and witch doctors with attack speed and soul harvest do a lot of damage. With all the different mechanics its too hard to tell who does the most. For the 15 seconds for the barb I would say they can do the most since they don't have to worry about dying.

Nether Tentacles DH. With a Mark of Death on an enemy they can quite comfortably deal 310-465% weapon damage per hit for a long while, without relying on WoTB/earthquake.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDot View Post
    Demon hunter that streams on Twitch has 219k DPS lol.
    Yeah I was watching that stream for a while. Crazy stuff. He killed most elite packs on Inferno as fast (or faster) as I killed elites on Nightmare on my wizard.

I can't imagine any other class able to do what he did.

How does one check their dps >_> ? I just play solo but be fun to see, on act 3 hell now as a dh

Demon Hunters are pretty decent but 90% of those 100k+ dps braggers have SS on.

For burst damage, it would be tough to beat a Zombie Bear Witch Doctor. Especially if it's a short fight and he has 5 stacks of soul harvest up.

Demon Hunter and Wizard probably do the most "real world" DPS on things that matter. We all know that Barbarians do bosses quite easily - often more easily than the widely regarded "op" classes - but bosses are also way easier than most elite packs, so I don't see what your point is here.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Nether Tentacles DH. With a Mark of Death on an enemy they can quite comfortably deal 310-465% weapon damage per hit for a long while, without relying on WoTB/earthquake.
    This.

Until Nether tentacles get fixed Demon Hunters are the number one damage dealers by far.

I mean killing Azmodan takes 20-30seconds. The larger the monster the more
    damage you deal. Broken as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    This.

Until Nether tentacles get fixed Demon Hunters are the number one damage dealers by far.

I mean killing Azmodan takes 20-30seconds. The larger the monster the more
    damage you deal. Broken as hell
    Athene killed Inferno Butcher in 2-3 seconds lol, crazy amount of OP on that one ability alone...

For shear burst though a DPS geared Barb with all 3 CD's and Frenzy (Maniac) is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Hey Ultimar!
    Mind sharing your spec? with so many people going around saying that bars are unplayable beyond act I, please share, it reassuring to have someone show everybody else how it's done

Well wizard have 3 DPS boosts. It's the +15% passive, the 12% orb and 15% weapon enchant. I always had more DPS then my DH friend while leveling up, but now he has a lot better gear and is about equal with me.

Demon Hunter > Wizard > Witch Doctor > I assume barb and monk are pretty equal.
    Hi Sephurik