Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lv53 Wizard, Hell Act 1 - 30 hours played. Died to a pack of Frozen + Jailer + Horde spiders in the Spider Caverns. I completely underestimated their potential, as I was extremely well geared and nothing ever even came close to killing me. I later found out that I forgot to swap my -20% melee damage taken passive back in, since I was previously farming easier content and did not need it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro55 View Post
    Equipped items and inventory is deleted.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    All lost. For that reason I keep all crafting mats, gems, and AH stuff in my stash. Pick up something good? Immediately teleport back home.
    yea, i think i will be doing the same thing.

The big thing I'm seeing here, is a bunch of people saying, "So this is where I died at.", instead of the answering OP's question of where did you progress to. Especially in the later hell and then inferno, you WILL run into that elite jailer, molten, desecrator, frozen, plagued group, or my personal all time wipe record (47 times - which basically was the end of inferno for me) jailer, plagued, horde, mortar that I ran into in ACT 1 Inferno. My monk had 32k life and 45% resist and 80 life per hit and 15 mortars at once gave not a single damn about that. Sad part was it was in one of the little caves that are part of the gathering the orbs necessary to continue on the nephalem quests, so I couldn't even bypass it. No way in hell (or inferno) am I making a HC char right now. Much Love and respect to those who do and then do not rip the screen in half after dying around level 50.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    41 Witch doctor here.

Lost my first witch doctor at 46 and had to reroll.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kromagnuts View Post
    The big thing I'm seeing here, is a bunch of people saying, "So this is where I died at.", instead of the answering OP's question of where did you progress to. Especially in the later hell and then inferno, you WILL run into that elite jailer, molten, desecrator, frozen, plagued group, or my personal all time wipe record (47 times - which basically was the end of inferno for me) jailer, plagued, horde, mortar that I ran into in ACT 1 Inferno. My monk had 32k life and 45% resist and 80 life per hit and 15 mortars at once gave not a single damn about that. Sad part was it was in one of the little caves that are part of the gathering the orbs necessary to continue on the nephalem quests, so I couldn't even bypass it. No way in hell (or inferno) am I making a HC char right now. Much Love and respect to those who do and then do not rip the screen in half after dying around level 50.
    Well hardcore = one death. So for those of us in Hardcore, it's usually where we died at. Though, to be fair, I've updated the thread a few times with where I was at level 43...level 45...and finally level 48 when he died to Azmodan. I'm not sure what you're expecting people to post.

I'm jealous! How did you survive Azmodan? I got him to 25% when he put that crap on the ground. IP at start, then potion...but even my leech + 250 per sec life + 79 on hit wasn't enough to survive. He died last night at 48.
    Run away from the crap on the ground? If your gear is up to date just go in with triple cooldowns and break him in half, you said you were barb, right?

Deleted
    Died at 51 on my old Barb, level 45 on my new one. My level 45 barb has 23k hp, 900 dps and 68.39% dmg reduction with 100 all resists using my enchantress who does 300 dps

it's really easy atm :/

I died 3 times as melee (1*barb, 2*monk) before level 10 - generally while killing the skeleton summoners, somehow pulling a rare pack as well, then getting surrounded. After that, I decided ranged is for me, and picked up a DH. Now level 19 in Act 2, with only one really close call.

Well hardcore = one death. So for those of us in Hardcore, it's usually where we died at. Though, to be fair, I've updated the thread a few times with where I was at level 43...level 45...and finally level 48 when he died to Azmodan. I'm not sure what you're expecting people to post.
    Well someone talking about how they feel confident about beating inferno in HC, would be a good start. I haven't talked to anyone running HC yet that thinks they can do it. Certainly better gear will help, and of course time will give us access to better builds and strategies. But even with all that, run into just one crazy elite mob and it's curtains. As someone who played D and D2 devotedly for years I was originally very happy with the difficulty in the game, which has turned into much frustration with my inability to get past Act 2 Inferno. Or even that far INTO Act 2 for that matter.

I have respect for all those who can, but for me its just more beating your head against a wall. Of course you can't please everyone at once and if it was easier ppl would be going on about how simple it is and blizz suxx etc, etc. Still 47 damn times to kill one mob...
    Last edited by kromagnuts; 2012-06-04 at 01:20 AM. Reason: edit for spelling

Just lost my lvl 60 monk in Hell act 3, shame the hall of heroes doesnt mention i was killed by a client crash. never even saw what killed me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    Just lost my lvl 60 monk in Hell act 3, shame the hall of heroes doesnt mention i was killed by a client crash. never even saw what killed me
    That's unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Run away from the crap on the ground? If your gear is up to date just go in with triple cooldowns and break him in half, you said you were barb, right?
    On Azmodan it fills the entire area for like what? 30 seconds? Nah, my mistake was not putting furious charge on my bar in addition to leap; revenge is worthless on a boss fight. That would have doubled my mobility and allowed me to get out from the bombs a lot faster. I probably could have taken his nasty spew if it wasn't for losing so much health to those things.

Deleted
    Did you die to Azmodan on Hell? Just did him and I just tanked him through the pools lol. It doesn't even hurt :s 100 dmg per tick?

On Azmodan it fills the entire area for like what? 30 seconds? Nah, my mistake was not putting furious charge on my bar in addition to leap; revenge is worthless on a boss fight. That would have doubled my mobility and allowed me to get out from the bombs a lot faster. I probably could have taken his nasty spew if it wasn't for losing so much health to those things.
    Fills quite a bit of the area but there's always at least a little room to run around. Honestly for me, nightmare and hell azmodan were easier, because by then I had insanity, mountain's call, and charge, and killed him in ten seconds =/

Normal azmodan almost killed me as I was tanking the fireballs and standing in his goo. The others never had the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Fills quite a bit of the area but there's always at least a little room to run around. Honestly for me, nightmare and hell azmodan were easier, because by then I had insanity, mountain's call, and charge, and killed him in ten seconds =/

Normal azmodan almost killed me as I was tanking the fireballs and standing in his goo. The others never had the chance.
    I think I'll go with that next once I've had a chance to cool my heels and try again; I was so used to leaping into everything and smashing that I lost my new level 12 a few hours later!

I think I'll go with that next once I've had a chance to cool my heels and try again; I was so used to leaping into everything and smashing that I lost my new level 12 a few hours later!
    I did that after I lost my 60 DH, made a barb and tried rushing since I felt over confident about normal/nightmare. Got to act 2 in about an hour and died to a pack of jailer lacuni and a pack of jailer wasps at the same time. Never even got to move =/

Least I didn't lose too much game time with that one =p

But yeah, if you're playing (especially gearing) properly, nightmare should be the easiest difficulty, in my opinion. By then you have every skill that you didn't have in normal and should be able to fairly easily overgear the mobs still. As long as you stay a level or two ahead of expectation you just faceroll everything.

Hell is really dangerous, probably the first part of the game that really starts making you use your head a bit more. I still didn't take much damage until act 4, but my barb was fairly geared (58k hp/75% reduction)

Now 53 and coming towards the end of Hell Act I. Things are getting a lot more rough and had to switch up spells and am now using a shield instead of dual wielding.

The trick to Azmodan to not filling the room with pools is to know how they work. Theres 7 pools he'll lay each time, the first 3 will always be on the border, and the next 4 will always be on or next to you. They're on some timer, if you have a decent internal clock you can anticipate them from the first 3. If you don't want the room filled, after the first three just start running around the perimeters of the other pools/the outside of the room. Hope this is informative

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    The trick to Azmodan to not filling the room with pools is to know how they work. Theres 7 pools he'll lay each time, the first 3 will always be on the border, and the next 4 will always be on or next to you. They're on some timer, if you have a decent internal clock you can anticipate them from the first 3. If you don't want the room filled, after the first three just start running around the perimeters of the other pools/the outside of the room. Hope this is informative
    I can second this. I just treated it like defiles from LK back in the day(Azmodan and act 3 actually make me a little nostalgic for ICC lol). Hugged the edge of the border pools already up so half of the pool that spawns on you is just overlapping with the previous one. Gives you lots of ground room. No sense being a hero and trying to tank him through it, to risky on hardcore.

Lot's of people don't seem to realize the pools aren't permanent and it's just a phase, it's weird. Bunch of my RL friends didn't anyway they kept trying to zerg, maybe because they had no WoW raiding experience? I don't know why for sure, found it interesting anyway though. Same people that didn't realize you can dodge belial in Act 2 if you dance properly lol. Thank you Heigan, wherever you are.

Going to be starting my first HC once the servers come back up . Kind of excited.

Opps. Didn't realize this thread was kind of dead. Was just browsing through previous posts, sorry.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-06-06 at 05:54 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    Excellent, and I was unaware of that. I've just been running the second they appear. I definitely will try that this time once my new HC is at the right level (50 or so).

Just died in Act I Hell. Made it to The Butcher but stopped because I had 2 bars till 56, went out got 56 and did the Chamber of Suffering quest again to face a Distombed Hulk, Illusionist, Knockback, Extra health. I got trapped in and my Furious Charge didn't have a long enough range or short enough CD to make it out while Ignore Pain was on CD.
    Last edited by hawtlol; 2012-06-09 at 05:59 AM.