Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    So since this thread got revived... has there been a bunch of Inferno Diablo kills post 1.03? Can't say I've heard of a single one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I saw your achievements... was that your first 60!?
    Yes, my first one . I've concentrated solely on hardcore, lost a 39 and a 48 before he reached 60

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It gets phenomenally easier every time through. Did all of nightmare on my DH in about five hours /played. Hell slows you down a lot, but hey, we can farm act 3 hell for ilvl 61/62 gear now.
    Yeah I can bet this next time I'll last a lot longer. I had great resists (nearly 50%, more than ample for Act1), but what I seriously lacked was Life on Hit. I had a mere 189, which just wasn't enough

Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    such a shame did you save any of the gear you replaced while leveling? thats what i usually do since its always gonna be a new monk anyway

my monk is 60 again now and just killed SK inferno for the first time. looks like 3rd time was the charm, onwards to the butcher!
    Congrats! I always put crafting mats, legendaries, and rares in my bank, so I lost nothing more than the gear he was wearing at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    So since this thread got revived... has there been a bunch of Inferno Diablo kills post 1.03? Can't say I've heard of a single one.
    Aside from Kripp, I can't think of a single Inferno hardcore kill. At least, no one has posted it here

Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    my monk is 60 again now and just killed SK inferno for the first time. looks like 3rd time was the charm, onwards to the butcher!
    Just did the same but with barb :P
    My first barb died at 41 at the end of NM a2 1½-2 weeks ago, the second barb died at 52 in hell a1 less than a week ago (both died to sheer stupidity and not because it got too hard :P) and my third barb reached 60 yesterday and is currently on The Imprisoned Angel quest, only did 2 attemps so far and both times some über pack has been standing in my way so decided to duck out and farm champs instead =)

Fairly good stats for a fresh 60 I believe, but haven't played a barb other than in HC so can't be too sure. With shout I got 486-574 all resists and 7576 armor, 47264 HP and 11016 DPS without any buffs to DPS.
    A bit more LOH would be helpful but need to get some more Amethysts for that. (haven't had a single one drop in 2 hours, plenty of other gems but no amethysts..)

Edit: Butcher down, guess I wouldn't have minded a somewhat higher DPS on him, took slightly over 2 minutes to kill him (could use Wrath of the Berserker twice without having the passive to reduce CD).
    And also I have cleared everything on SC with a monk so I do know what to expect in terms of melee (un)friendliness :P
    Last edited by Caelia; 2012-07-06 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Aside from Kripp, I can't think of a single Inferno hardcore kill. At least, no one has posted it here
    lefthander beat diablo. he also has a twitch channel
    he killed him some days after kripp and krippi imo

Currently level 53 wizard in act 2 of Hell. Starting to get much more nerve wracking. But I find it more enjoyable then normal mode. The AH on HC is is so much better with much less clutter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yeah I refused to make a hardcore character to farm inferno before I was farming it on my softcore barb, Darsi. I just didn't want to hit inferno with NO idea what it was like for melee and get wrecked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 40 HC WD that I haven't logged into for weeks. Since then I've watched most of them die to lag/bugs/server disconnects. Basically it seems like you have to way outclass/gear the content to prevent from getting unfairly shanked.

I wouldn't mind dying to game mechanics but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call most of the deaths I've seen core game mechanics. Maybe if they had an offline/LAN option but for now I'm happy finding the occasional SC upgrade (just got +10k DS from a bow purchase) and slowly ticking up my $ account balance to spend on MOP+subscription time for free.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-07-06 at 03:52 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I'm reluctant to play HC because of server lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBMW View Post
    I'm reluctant to play HC because of server lag.
    I would definitely stick to that. Right now I just lost my Monk to server side lag. I lagged out in Arcane Enchanted, Desecrate... and I managed to survive through it and then BAM, another lag spike which just cost me my character. I was talking to a guy today in Hardcore chat about how he has already lost 2 60's to lag. I probably will not reroll until this issue is addressed. Its pathetic that there is so much lag.

Quote Originally Posted by warningsigns View Post
    The AH on HC is is so much better with much less clutter.
    By far number on reason to play hardcore right now, on my opinion. You can actually farm your own gear, you don't have to get absurdly lucky with that one in a million 1400 DPS weapon, an 800 DPS weapon will still sell.

Deleted
    Got my Diablo HC Inferno kill today 23.30 Paris Time.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/diablohardcoreinferno.jpg/

Solo'd Diablo as a Barbarian.

Here are my stats for the Diablo fight.

9991 armor
    15k damage
    15% Crit chance
    79% Crit hit damage
    34% Block
    14% Dodge
    890 Physical Resistance, the rest is between 666-790
    6,88% Melee Damage Reduction
    788 Life regen
    500 Life on Hit
    3100 Thorn Damage
    ...and finally 44k HP.

LONG LIVE HARDCORE!
    Last edited by mmoc45dc2ed1ab; 2012-07-17 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Optional

I don't play HC that often as I lag quite often playing from New Zealand, but I was pretty stoked last night when I beat Belial on HC Hell mode with my Demon Hunter. Was crapping my pants in the "exploding puddles" phases!

Should be an easy run now through to Inferno Act 2 (other than maybe Rakanoth, who is not too difficult on Hell since only his charge does a lot of damage and is easy to avoid), looking forward to getting there so I can mix up my farming a bit between HC and SC.

Pretty much abandoned my HC Wiz, might finish him off just for the 2x60 Wiz achieve.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-08-06 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    I also feel accomplished when I earn a hardcore only achieve
    Why is that? All the achievements for Hardcore are for normal mode. And you don't die very easily on normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only played one hardcore character so far. I got a barb near the end of act 1 normal and died while talking on the phone just playing through casually. I started laughing because it happened so unexpectedly but then I never started another one. I guess the thought of sinking all that time into a char to never play it again upon death isn't too exciting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I have only played one hardcore character so far. I got a barb near the end of act 1 normal and died while talking on the phone just playing through casually. I started laughing because it happened so unexpectedly but then I never started another one. I guess the thought of sinking all that time into a char to never play it again upon death isn't too exciting for me.
    I also lost a lv30 DH to Izual while I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone. I was casually walking away from him treating normal mode like a joke when I stood too close to 2 Corrupted Angels and Izual at the same time. All 3 swung at me and I was effectively 1 shotted.

With full disp and no cooldowns used. I laughed it off and rerolled, learnt a lesson - don't get arrogant!

At least in HC there is some progression even if you die, you have gear saved up for re-levelling and any gold you made from farming, so it doesn't feel like you are completely starting over.

I have a wizard at the beginning of A2 inferno...scared to really start A2 until I have a great set of gear since it's hard enough as a wizard regardless of gear.

I remember playing HC in D2 after SC bored me - not much to do besides farming Mephisto or running Baal in eternum, you know. :P
    It was pretty fun and challenging, but frustrating at some times. Yet, i think that there is where the true replayability of the game resides.
    I will do it in D3, but not yet, so far i'm having fun with my Wizard and still in Act 1, so i have plenty of farming and things to kill in the meantime.

Also, i think HC in D3 is a lot more harder than in D2, because you can't just instant tp from anywhere, nor log out. That was a really nice addition to the mode imo.

Are most people using Barbs? I might give Hardcore a go if they ever buff Witchdoctor pets. I think they would be able to carry you pretty far especially the dogs if you spec them to heal you. Also with the big pet and using firebats that also heals you I think you would have no chance of dieing at least until inferno. Come to think of it when I first rolled a WD like 2 months ago I dont think I died at least until Act 2 Hell once your pets started to blow. With a buff to pets I know getting to Inferno would be just lolz.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-07 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Why is that? All the achievements for Hardcore are for normal mode. And you don't die very easily on normal.
    There are achievements for the later difficulties in hardcore mode, you just don't see them until you earn the previous difficulty version.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Deleted
    I'm at A3 inferno on hc.... or I was on A3 inf before my barb died to DC in act1 easymode farm, damn Ghostly Murderers in Crypts. Now I made a monk and hes in inf A2 Belial next, playing with 2 mates so can get the 50% all res buff + 20% armor from barb, other friend is playing DH.

Barbarian is just ridiculously good for HC, if MoP wasnt so close I would just make another one and clear the game. Leap, Charge, get out of trouble. Monk has none, ok Tempest Rush which is bugging time to time, you rush away from arcane beams and in 1 sec youre back where you started, cool... and Barbs WotB 15 sec immunity to ALL cc from elite packs. I like barb and have 1 on softcore as well but its just ridiculous how easy it is compared to other classes. And yeah Revenge.... well yeah, Revenge.

No deaths yet apart from that DC death. Been playing like 1,5 months on hc side I think, really like it alot more than softcore, I wouldnt play D3 without hc.
    Last edited by mmoc940b0cf7f8; 2012-08-07 at 06:22 AM.