Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] Rise against

I was wondering if there are any fans of this band here on MMO-Champ?

I personally think that Rise against is the best modern punk (or should I say post punk) band, although they are relatively unknown, at least where I live.

Fan right here =). They are not very known here (Western Australia ) but I know quite a few people who have heard of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them, though they aren't my favorite band. I have quite a few of their songs on my iPod. I wouldn't really consider them unknown.

I love them! Been a fan for a couple years now. But they are definitely known around where I am, I'd say they got a lot popular once Savior was played on the radio and everyone loved the song.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are my favorite modern punk bank as well. They bring back old school memories and they remind me of Strung Out the way they get the harder element to mix with the melodious style.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    I was wondering if there are any fans of this band here on MMO-Champ?

I personally think that Rise against is the best modern punk (or should I say post punk) band, although they are relatively unknown, at least where I live.
    one of my favorite bands! seem mostly unknown here, though it was my friend that got me listening to them, always heard their songs in his car on the way to college!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a few of their songs. Not a gigantic fan, but some of their songs I enjoy.

Deleted
    Pretty much the only Punk band I like. Fantastic music.

when Rancid opens for Rise Against, they are no longer an unknown band.
    Last edited by nativetrash; 2012-06-02 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be a huge fan. First heard them on one of those Fat Wreck compilation albums or something and then listened to them a ton for a few years. Still like them, but I don't listen to all the much of that kind of music.

This is still a great damn son though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite like them. Not a huge fan but I have some songs of theirs on my iPod. I definitely wouldn't miss a chance to see them live either if my friends wanted to go.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont really keep up with their newer albums , but still rock the old ones. As for unknown , i dont know about that.

Love them. If you like Rise Against, then you NEED to check out AFI!

Deleted
    Tbh, they have some of the best music videos I've ever seen.

Certainly a lot better than the usual 'Dance in-front of random CGI.' stuff they have going.

Deleted
    That's one of the main reasons I like them so much (aside from the music itself). They are not afraid to make music videos showing the "inconvenient" truth.

In fact that's one of the few socially engaged bands that don't look fake for doing it.

Deleted
    definitely one of my all time favorite bands its a shame that hardly anyone in wales has heared of them (sorry about my spelling)

BEST BAND EVER OP. I fell in love ever since i first heard them. Ive bought every CD they have.. twice.

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snolove View Post
    Love them. If you like Rise Against, then you NEED to check out AFI!
    AFI was good before they went emo. still decent but i like their old stuff a lot better than any of the new releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the bands I enjoy listening the most to, definitely. Not hugely popular in Macedonia, but far from unknown. I believe the first time I heard them was on a Last Resort video. Been listening to them ever since.

One of my top 4 favorite bands, I own every album. If you like them check out Rage against the Machine and Protest the Hero.

I love Rise Against.... Definitely one of my favorite bands!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.