Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I can do act one in blues, we are not talking about act 1.
    I want a video of you doing act1 inferno in blues...

Fact remains we are bothing moving into act 2 with different specs.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    Blablabla

i have now mage demonhunter and monk 60
    my monk have best items cause first char and over 250 hours played

and i can farm more easy with demonhunter or wiz act 3 and thats why i lvld them to equip my monk

So basically you played more than 12 hours per day since the launch...

Now I start to understand how people can pay 20 millions for an upgrade. For me, I play a Barbarian in Inferno, my gear is not bad: 16k dps, 8.5k armor and 500 resist buffed with warcry, 700 life on hit. I can destroy everything in Act 1, I can even take direct hit from the Butcher without a scratch. I've been farming gold in Act 1 since almost 8 days because I cannot understand how it's possible to be 2-3 shotted by white mobs in Act 2.

I don't mind grinding and dying, but grinding Act 1 endlessly until I have 40 millions is not what I consider fun. (I can make maybe 150-200k per hour). Also, when I pay 20 millions for an upgrade in the AH, it's nowhere near the fun you have when you discover it yourself. I can't wait for patch 1.03

The more I play my barb in Inferno, the more I realise that melee is just fine, just very gear dependant.

My first run through Act 1 was 1h / shield and it took awhile, the majority of my +all resist gear is what I have found. The only item I have bought from the AH is a ring and a 2h axe.

I can guarantee that I don't use any of the "usual" Inferno barb builds that anyone else does, however I have found one that does pretty damn well, and that is a DPS build with 1 Defensive cooldown.

Was it rough when I first got to inferno ? Ofcourse, however once you get gear it will get much easier. Don't think you have to run the AH to do it either, run Act 1 a few times and you will get the drops you need over time.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaTheGreatOne View Post
    I guess what im trying to say is, PLAY THE GAME and ENJOY IT, if not stfu and go play something else..........
    The problem is you cant play the way you want to and that needs to be addressed. How many dual wield or 2H monks or Barbs do you see farming Acts III and IV. Blizzard even stated if people were being forced into certain ability setups then there was a problem. Being forced to go sword and board is just that. Sure maybe you can zerg your way through Acts I and II using a 1200+ damage 2 hander or dual wielding 900+ damage one handers that each have 800 + life on hit but then you are just overgearing the Acts which isnt the point of the game.

Anyone can say "Yea farming Act II on my Barb is a joke. Then list their stats 60k health 30k attack, 900 all resists...Of course you can farm Act II easily you overgear the shit out of it. Which brings me back to the Catch 22 in this game for melees. In order to progress through Act II you need gear from Act III and to go through Act III you need gear from Act IV. But the problem is you cant afford it because Act I gear sells for peanuts. What the hell sense does that make. Im not complaining about the difficulty of Inferno Im complaining that in order to do each Act you must have gear from future Acts. How many people in WoW progressed through Naxx-Ulduar with Heroic ICC gear? Thats pretty much the same logic Blizzard is applying to melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    So basically you played more than 12 hours per day since the launch...

Now I start to understand how people can pay 20 millions for an upgrade. For me, I play a Barbarian in Inferno, my gear is not bad: 16k dps, 8.5k armor and 500 resist buffed with warcry, 700 life on hit. I can destroy everything in Act 1, I can even take direct hit from the Butcher without a scratch. I've been farming gold in Act 1 since almost 8 days because I cannot understand how it's possible to be 2-3 shotted by white mobs in Act 2.

I don't mind grinding and dying, but grinding Act 1 endlessly until I have 40 millions is not what I consider fun. (I can make maybe 150-200k per hour). Also, when I pay 20 millions for an upgrade in the AH, it's nowhere near the fun you have when you discover it yourself. I can't wait for patch 1.03
    If you haven't already, you should check out THIS youtube channel. There is lots of great information for barbs and it shows you dont need 40 million gold to be able to farm acts 2 and 3.

Deleted
    I don't think they're totally broken but I also think they need to be tweaked, they need to be able to do the as good as ranged without overgearing the act they're in

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I want a video of you doing act1 inferno in blues...

Fact remains we are bothing moving into act 2 with different specs.
    I said I COULD didnt say I was doing it. Post back when you 2 have to cookie cutter builds or farm retarded amounts of gold to buy the gear so you can play you want.

It is easy enough to progress in Act2 if you do not mind being railed into SnB or don't mind farming Act1 for gold for a month. The point is though that I should NOT be forced to play that way. There should be options, there arnt. and Im sorry. WotB, CotA and EarthQuake spam is not a good option, I dont want to have to wait 2 min every time I want to kill something.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Mellee are doing ok - tbh it's ranged that are broken and in need of a nerf - not that mellee need a buff. Ranged have it far too easy in terms of working through content compared to mellee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Mellee are doing ok - tbh it's ranged that are broken and in need of a nerf - not that mellee need a buff. Ranged have it far too easy in terms of working through content compared to mellee.
    is better to ask for buffs than for nerfs, buffs make everybody happy

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Its use a shield or stay in Act I until D4 comes out. We shouldnt be forced to farm lower Acts for weeks to get 20 million worth of gear when a DH/Wiz can drop 2 million in the AH and lol their way to Act IV.
    No it isnt, I cleared act 2 with ish the same gear I have here (I just used that 2h you see in my bags, and I had about 5k less hp+70 less resistances) and I'm now at the end of act 3. Got the 1h and shield when I started act 3, cost me 250k gold all together. The rest has not cost me more than 2 mill, so it's definitely way lower than your 20 mill mark.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I said I COULD didnt say I was doing it. Post back when you 2 have to cookie cutter builds or farm retarded amounts of gold to buy the gear so you can play you want.

It is easy enough to progress in Act2 if you do not mind being railed into SnB or don't mind farming Act1 for gold for a month. The point is though that I should NOT be forced to play that way. There should be options, there arnt. and Im sorry. WotB, CotA and EarthQuake spam is not a good option, I dont want to have to wait 2 min every time I want to kill something.
    I don't understand what you are saying. You are telling me people have to play a certain spec to progress. I'm telling you me and my brother are using two different specs to progress. I watch kripp and kungen both use different specs for different areas....

This is a game that takes a long time to get gear. Yes you should be farming the same place over and over again. If you want to farm gold to buy from the AH that is your choice. My and my brother haven't spent much in the AH to progress and we are making it.

So yes it can be done.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    If you haven't already, you should check out THIS youtube channel. There is lots of great information for barbs and it shows you dont need 40 million gold to be able to farm acts 2 and 3.
    Yeah I heard about this guy, but I never took the time to watch his videos. Extremely interesting...

Furious charge, Ignore pain, Leap, Warcry, Frenzy and Revenge. I'm pretty sure it's exactly this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RXk!aVe!accZac (maybe berserker rage instead of Tough as nails because he have 0 fury spender)

The guy is really skilled too. Also, REVENGE FTW I will give it a try, thx for the link.

edit: I can't believe he only have 5.7k dps and 1000 vitality...
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2012-06-08 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    The problem is you cant play the way you want to and that needs to be addressed. How many dual wield or 2H monks or Barbs do you see farming Acts III and IV. Blizzard even stated if people were being forced into certain ability setups then there was a problem. Being forced to go sword and board is just that. Sure maybe you can zerg your way through Acts I and II using a 1200+ damage 2 hander or dual wielding 900+ damage one handers that each have 800 + life on hit but then you are just overgearing the Acts which isnt the point of the game.

Anyone can say "Yea farming Act II on my Barb is a joke. Then list their stats 60k health 30k attack, 900 all resists...Of course you can farm Act II easily you overgear the shit out of it. Which brings me back to the Catch 22 in this game for melees. In order to progress through Act II you need gear from Act III and to go through Act III you need gear from Act IV. But the problem is you cant afford it because Act I gear sells for peanuts. What the hell sense does that make. Im not complaining about the difficulty of Inferno Im complaining that in order to do each Act you must have gear from future Acts. How many people in WoW progressed through Naxx-Ulduar with Heroic ICC gear? Thats pretty much the same logic Blizzard is applying to melees.
    No you are wrong, you cant compare WoW a game where the best items are BoP to diablo where no matter what someone can sell you the best items if you grind gold for months. You can play however you want, i am in act 3 inferno and ive never used a single tanking build or resist build, ive always been flat dps......can i do act 3 right now, of course not, but ill grind the gold, buy the gear and progress. It takes time, i for one will feel more gratification by doing the game my way even if it takes longer than doing it the cookie cutter little kid way that reduces damage and doesnt call for perfect execution.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaTheGreatOne View Post
    No you are wrong, you cant compare WoW a game where the best items are BoP to diablo where no matter what someone can sell you the best items if you grind gold for months. You can play however you want, i am in act 3 inferno and ive never used a single tanking build or resist build, ive always been flat dps......can i do act 3 right now, of course not, but ill grind the gold, buy the gear and progress. It takes time, i for one will feel more gratification by doing the game my way even if it takes longer than doing it the cookie cutter little kid way that reduces damage and doesnt call for perfect execution.
    You fail to understand what he's saying...

Having to farm for months to buy act 3/4 gear in order to progress is broken, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

It's hard as hell but really fun, barb in act 3 inferno atm. I can farm act 2 with no problem now but act 3 is brutal, just need to farm act 2 some then it's no big deal.

Melee IS fine, you just need some actualy skills compared to lolhunter
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You fail to understand what he's saying...

Having to farm for months to buy act 3/4 gear in order to progress is broken, plain and simple.
    no its not, its a handicap....nothing more. the game is harder as a dpser, plain and simple. if you wanna progress like a kid and be defensive then go do it, if you wanna dps then be ready for a challenge. stop trying to make the game work in your own way and how you want the game to be. take what the game gives you and adapt. there are plenty of people out there who want to play the game as is and progress, not have it dumbed down so they can start farming the final acts right away. if you wanna start farming act3 and 4 right now then grab a cookie cutter little kid build and go do it, if you want a challenge then continue to clear as a dps, when you hit a gear wall then grind for more gold and rinse repeat.

Please don't let people troll you. Melee take a significant amount of damage, and are still in serious trouble, even with good gear. I present my own stats: http://i.imgur.com/0dPqa.jpg

I still can't really take any kind of hit in Act 3 or Act 4, even with nearly 1k resistance to every stat and over 10k armor with nearly 40k HP, which I could boost considerably by losing about 90 resistance to all. Mobs frequently take nearly 90% of my HP in a single attack. Without ignore pain, it'd pretty much be impossible to stand in melee for more than 5 seconds, even then sometimes it doesn't matter. No matter how much gear I farm or buy, the story remains the same. GG

edit: changed picture. didn't look carefully enough at chat, needed to remove real names from chat window
    Last edited by justsomeguy5; 2012-06-08 at 07:52 PM.

Because melees are more common than ranged in Hardcore.

---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Melee IS fine, you just need some actualy skills compared to lolhunter
    I actually think its the exact opposite. Melee requires ridiculous gear, but very little skill. Ranged requires very little gear, but some skill. As ranged, if you get hit once or twice you're almost always dead.