Deleted

[Movies] The Tree Of Life

As above i watched this last night and i have to admit it's not my kinda movie but this sucked me in from the get go. Tho I understud best part of the movie i was still left thinking to myself (WTF have i just watched) in a good way

Anyways your thoughts on the movie and what you think it was trying to put forward...really interested as to what others make of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was boring and pretentious. I don't know much about music, but I have friends very educated in music and appreciated the piece in the movie. i have to admit the imagery is great.

Now, I like my fair share of weirdness and out-there-ness, but Tree Of Life had elements that were not believable (really, the brother is still traumatized decades later?) and it was just delivered with dullness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Sorry I assumed you were talking about the DBZ movie Tree of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by leires View Post
    Sorry I assumed you were talking about the DBZ movie Tree of Life.
    That would be the Tree of Might.

Now I'll admit I came into this thread under the same assumption.

I really did not like this movie. It was trying too hard to be deep and it just didn't work. The imagery was pretty cool in some places, but by the time it was over, I was just thankful. It dragged.

Deleted
    I'm way to stupid to watch these type of movies. I freaking paid to watch this! That's how stupid i am!

That should be the new yo'mama joke. " Yo mama so stupid she paid to see The Tree of Life"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    I'm way to stupid to watch these type of movies. I freaking paid to watch this! That's how stupid i am!

That should be the new yo'mama joke. " Yo mama so stupid she paid to see The Tree of Life"
    I'd love for her to be my mother then. It's ok not to like a movie, but calling it stupid is rather dull minded.

As for the movie. I liked it. It was different, music was great, imagery was great. I expected a Terrance Malick film, and I got it. Sucks for the people that go "omg Brad Pitt is in it, I must see it". Knowing nothing of the movie.

The Tree of Life, as news comes it was experimentally written and directed. After watching this movie we can say the EXPERIMENT FAIL wastage of time to watch this movie. Only the music little-bit nice otherwise its tottaly boaring.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tree of Life was one of the best films of 2011. Personally, I think it was snubbed from the Oscars pretty much, even though it received Best Picture, Best Director and Best Cinematography nods. It should have won the latter. Also, Brad Pitt was phenomenal in a Supporting Role that should have garnered an Oscar nomination. Jessica Chastain and the the kids were brilliant too. Beautiful movie, those who don’t like it don’t understand it.