Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone have an idea what this is?

My dad picked this up at the recycling company he works at. There's no model number or anything, just serial numbers for every single little part. It says on the side "Warning: this unit wired for 4x150D do not use for 4x150A". We're trying to sell it at a Ham Radio convention, but we have no idea what to advertise it as!

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Deleted
    Looks like it belongs in a vehicle, does not seem man portable.

i don't know, but I would be careful not to accidently launch a nuclear missile from somewhere with this thing

It's written on it! Service selector; choose anything you want to be serviced with and it'll come straight to you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Antenna... Audio... Channels... Sounds like a radio to me..

Military in design.. Maybe from a tank or APC?

looks like a piece to some kind of military vehicle. There's ports for antenna, audio and Relay stuff, so maybe part of the dashboard for an old jeep?

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

10+ Year Old Account
    Military grade communication device, me thinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Antenna... Audio... Channels... Sounds like a radio to me..

Military in design.. Maybe from a tank or APC?
    That's where my inclinations where pointing to. Some sort of military (going by the colour) radio/communications equipment, perhaps for a vehicle, maybe one of those old U.S army jeeps (if that's where you hail from).

Deleted
    looks like some sort of raido, but not handheld, like rich said it looks like it should be in a vehicle or something.

Military radio possibly a HAM Radio. In WWII they wore these things on their backs like backpacks they were soo big w/ giant antennas.
    Last edited by Deatheryn; 2012-06-02 at 03:32 PM.

Military receiver, since it has both radio receiver and tube amplifier, probably used in the field considering the design. Though one of the knobs has an option that says duplex which would imply that communication can go in both directions so perhaps it's not only a receiver.
    Last edited by Ascendant; 2012-06-02 at 03:40 PM.

Perhaps an old piece of military surveillance equipment.

Looks like a T-195 HF Transmitter to me or at least something close to it.

Last edited by DandierSphinx; 2012-06-02 at 03:46 PM.

That's definitely vietnam era radio equipment or older

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DandierSphinx View Post
    Looks like a T-195 HF Transmitter to me or at least something close to it.

Thats it, well done. Although the OPs is pretty beat up and missing components.

It's a comm radio. Probably from a Willy's jeep. Most likely a ham radio

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

DandierSphinx was definately right, though it looks like a few of the buttons were torn out, you can see where they were at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post

From google images "T-195 HF Transmitter"

10+ Year Old Account
    Military HF Transmitter, if it still works you can sell it for more than 500$.
    Good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Failerovski View Post
    Military HF Transmitter, if it still works you can sell it for more than 500$.
    Good luck.
    Considering the damage done to it it is very unlikely he will get $500.