Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It's not sad. What's sad is that OP needs to L2Play but instead comes here and whines trying to mask it with a "joke" that is stupid and doesn't make sense.
    It isn't the first thread where a player equates their ability to farm up some gold and have decent gear to knowing how to play. It won't be the last either.

OP you aren't some gaming god, nor are you special. Maybe it isn't the game that is unbalanced, but the comparison between you and DH player X. Maybe he is just better than you? Hubris at its best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    The cheapest item that I am wearing cost 600K, and most of my items have 160 Dexterity, Vitality, and +All Resistances, and +Physical resistance. I don't see how any of this gear wouldn't make a brand new Demon Hunter a power house? Still have enough Dexterity to DPS, and Vitality and defense to take more than 1 hit.
    I could, no crit chance, no crit damage increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cheapest item that I am wearing cost 600K, and most of my items have 160 Dexterity, Vitality, and +All Resistances, and +Physical resistance. I don't see how any of this gear wouldn't make a brand new Demon Hunter a power house? Still have enough Dexterity to DPS, and Vitality and defense to take more than 1 hit.
    Why did you stack all resist and physical? Stack one resist and use the passive that makes all resist equal to the highest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Why did you stack all resist and physical? Stack one resist and use the passive that makes all resist equal to the highest.
    Because if you stack one resistance AND resist all, you double dip and OwE becomes even more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Learn to kite well as a melee, then come back and say they suck.

There are dozens of videos of melee destroying mobs in Inferno. The key thing is that inferno is not meant to be the same kind of jump from normal to nightmare or nightmare to hell. You're supposed to farm for days, weeks for the gold and gear to take it on. It's a huge step up, so if you're not ready, you'll get smashed.
    Demon Hunters don't need to farm for weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    One static resist + all resist on a piece is even greater win.

As far as melee sucking in Inferno. No, they don't necessarily "suck", however, it's frustrating to play one. My barb has 650+ all resist and still gets completely trashed by many champion packs in Act II. I know Inf is supposed to be hard, but having to drop hundreds of thousands on minor resist upgrades to continue with progression is so annoying. Really, even if you have skill, you HAVE to have stupidly priced gear to be successful or get carried by your ranged friends.

i would love to insult the op extensively but i dont want to get infracted...
    Lets just say...
    hmm...
    Fail thread by fail player.

For reasons why, just read what everyone else has put ... i.e They dont use the same gear, it dosnt make them better at inferno mode, and melee are fine if you know how to gear and arnt terrible.

All my DH gear went to my Monk who is now face rolling into hell lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Because if you stack one resistance AND resist all, you double dip and OwE becomes even more powerful
    But, you can stack something like fire resist and save on gear price. Most want all resist and physical, but who values poison resist beyond being a throw away stat?

Deleted
    Dex is only 1 of the 4 dps stats a DH needs, you also need to stack Attack speed, Crit dmg and Crit chance, you may want a bit of vit but they're getting 1 shot if they have 50k or 20k hp so it's not something you'd get instead of a dps stat, resistances are worthless for a DH, if you're bad enough to take damage you're gonna die whether you have 1k to all resistances or 20.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-06-03 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Dex is only 1 of the 4 dps stats a DH needs you're also going to want to stack Attack speed, Crit dmg and Crit chance, you may want a bit of vit but they're getting 1 shot if they have 50k or 20k hp so it's not something you'd get instead of a dps stat, resistances are worthless for a DH, if you're bad enough to take damage you're gonna die whether you have 1k to all resistances or 20.
    You want 30k HP at 60 to survive being one shot by butchers chain thing which is hard to predict and SS out of. Other than that you want attack speed in the slots you can, then +crit damage. Sharpshooter allows you to dip lower on crit chance.

I am running a bomb stun build so I pick +hatred regen first over attack speed.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They use the same armor as Demon Hunters, which makes re-rolling 10 x easier.

What is a Barbarian suppose to do with all of that Strength gear once he realizes melees are hopeless in Act 3+?
    ahahahah nice one mate

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    i would love to insult the op extensively but i dont want to get infracted...
    Lets just say...
    hmm...
    Fail thread by fail player.

For reasons why, just read what everyone else has put ... i.e They dont use the same gear, it dosnt make them better at inferno mode, and melee are fine if you know how to gear and arnt terrible.
    Roll a melee, make it to Act 2+ Inferno and don't use gold from goldsellers. Sure, DH don't use exactly same gear as monks, but point of thread wasn't about it.

Nothing in this game is hard Pre-Inferno, and my level 60 gear took me over 100 hours of farming to get. Leveling 1-60 in a day or two, and immediately having items that take weeks of farming to get = awesome. Everyone saying that Demon Hunters don't need Vitality are hilarious too, but that is another discussion in itself. Every Demon Hunter I know constantly says they need more Vitality so they can take more than 1 hit when they mess up and don't have smoke screen and prep up (hard I know).
    Yeah, well. They are just plain bad. No amount of vitaly makes any Demon Hunter survive a hit past act 3. Survivability is useless for DH's, because it gimps your dps really hard and you won't survive that 1 hit anyway. Base damage for certain act 4 inferno mobs is over 1,000,000 and rest of them hit for over 400k.

But if someone wants to have a small chance surviving one hit and do around 10-20% dmg compared to someone else with proper gear, then fine by me. It's their time and way to have fun...
    Last edited by jarhu; 2012-06-03 at 08:33 AM.

lacking IAS.

the only things that matter for a DH are dex and IAS. crit damage/crit chance are nice, but you can do fine with blues items with only dex and IAS.

there is no realistic number of achievable defensive stats you can get while maintaining the needed DPS to not go glass cannon on a DH.

in a few months once more people have inferno act 4 on farm? yes it could be conceivable if you get all rares with 175ish dex, IAS/crit crap, 150ish vit, 50+ all res, and additional armor. but the few of those that people have found and arent using are so beyond 99.9% of the ~2% of the player base in inferno that they arent worth mentioning.

monk gear is terrible for a DH and vice versa.

oh and barb tanks dont really even gear for str. its all vit/res/armor. you gain more armor for having additional armor on an item then if it had str on it. DPS stats are mostly irrelevant for a tank, thats what you have the DH who can get 70k DPS with just 1-2 mil worth of AH gear for.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.