Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What would you buy with 200$?

Howdy, I recently graduated from college, and one of my uncles who is pretty well off decided to get me a 200$ gift card to Amazon, making sure I couldn't save it because I'm a notorious saver... I'm really quite content with my current situation, my computer is good, I have all the games I want at the moment, so I'm looking for interesting ideas on how others would spend 200$. I have been branching out and looking at things like guitars, something I've always wanted to learn. I hope this doesn't sound braggy, because I'm genuinely interested, what would you guys buy with 200$?

Edit: It seems a lot of people are answering what I should buy, I guess I could have rephrased the question because I'm more curious as to what others would buy for themselves
    Last edited by Devolution; 2012-06-02 at 11:19 PM.

Few decent dvd box sets I have been after for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what you like. A good book, a music instrument, an upgrade for your phone or computer...
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Drugs are always an option.

Well when does it expire or stat charging you a fee, you can hold it until you need something

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't use the gift card at all if it's only for the sake of spending it. Simply "save" the gift card until you run into the situation that you you need/want something :-).

Order a bunch of things that you could use in the zombie apocalypse

Buy WoW mounts,pets,books,action figures,game time.

Deleted
    do you own a kindle? if not get one, however get the insurance with it, i'm clumsy and have managed to crack three screens on mine (£40 for a replacement) if you do what did you graduate in? get something that will help you get a job?

10+ Year Old Account
    A really good e-reader or android tablet? Hard to say, I don't know your interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroz View Post
    Drugs are always an option.
    Bet he could find a 'working girl' that would take the card instead of cash too. Would be one hell of a night.

Deleted
    Warning: Let's keep the spit-balling of ideas to strictly (in most user countries) legal products and activities, please, guys. That includes ambiguous hints. Encouraging illegal activities is a no-no on the forums.

Deleted
    Simple.... bitches

10+ Year Old Account
    Either games or an SSD

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    making sure I couldn't save it because I'm a notorious saver...
    I know the feeling, I can't even find something to spend the £25 Amazon gift card I've had for a while because I have nothing I need to buy

I'll give you $180 for it

If I had 200 for amazon, I'd probably look up a box set DVD that i've been after for a while. Some audio books or a maybe just a gift for my GF ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

You could go full nerd and a get a crapton of magic cards, pc components, a badass 7.1 headset(I just got one, soooo worth it), or you could go sensible, maybe some clothes, a kindle as mentioned above, really about anything that seems fun. I have $25 sitting in my amazon wallet and everytime I go to spend it I change my mind and try to find something else. I think if you add it to your wallet it's there forever. Mine has been there for 4 years or so.