Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    until i hit inferno i always filter my search to 5k and below. I've gone as high as 15k for a good weapon tho.

People tend to not buy gear at 50-59 bracket. Hell doesn't require that much gear, and if you really lack gear - it is just cheaper to power level char to 60 and start looking for upgrades which could also be used in Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    If this is true, that level 50 items aren't selling, I suspect it's because people are content to wait until 60.
    This. Pretty much everyone on my friends list stopped using the AH at all for gear around level 55. One thing that helped them is having a decently geared (no champ packs kill me, ever) DH crushing everything for them to run them through till they hit 60. Starting at 55 they check the AH frequently looking for good deals on lvl 60 gear for Inferno.

Problem is how the AH displays items. Gear with 50 vit and 50 something else and resistance and so on isn't good gear. There are level 40 rares with better stats and when you search for gear in the AH it shows you first the gear with better stats and only the first 46 pages and chances are high that on the first 10-20 pages people find better items for an acceptable price or they don't want to search another 26 pages and don't buy something. Also chances are high that your not so good items won't show up on the AH at all because because of the amount of better items already available.

All you can sell through the AH are level 60 items with very good stats from act 3 or 4 or low level items with perfect stats. Even legendaries with good stats won't sell because there are better rare items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So basically anyone new to Inferno is going to be forced to wait for the RMAH to progress unless they were smart and made a DH/Wiz. Feel sorry for monks/barbs. Gonna be farming Act I now till Diablo IV comes out in order to buy enough gear to get into Act II if all you get is 3-4k per item and everything you need is 200-300k per item.
    If people need act 3 or act 4 gear in order to get through act 2, what are they going to do for act's 3 and 4? Wait until the expansion comes out and buy act 5 gear off the RMAH? This type of complaint has more to do with not being able to cash in on the RMAH before the market becomes saturated rather then not being able to progress.

As you will eventually hit a wall when you can't out gear the monsters anymore. If you are relying on out gearing as early as act 2 just to proceed then you will be hitting the same wall in act 4 if not 3. But no matter what no one is forced to turn to the RMAH. Blizzard will eventually make it balanced for every class, so is it a big deal if people are stuck in Act 2 instead of Act 3 or Act 4? Until then farm and hope to get a "perfect affix" item.

Not to mention as time goes on the prices will drop. There is still relatively few people in Inferno even if the number has grown to 2-3% since Blizzard last released the statistics. Personally I go for cheap gear. Gear that has a few hours left with a low bid price hoping to win the item. If I don't I don't and I wait to farm up one. If I do I got it for a great price.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If people need act 3 or act 4 gear in order to get through act 2, what are they going to do for act's 3 and 4? Wait until the expansion comes out and buy act 5 gear off the RMAH?
    That only applies to melees. They need Act IV gear from Diablo VII just to get through Act II of Diablo III. Basically its like needing Heroic DS loot just to get through Karazhan. Thats how awesome melees are.

Deleted
    That only applies to melees. They need Act IV gear from Diablo VII just to get through Act II of Diablo III. Basically its like needing Heroic DS loot just to get through Karazhan. Thats how awesome melees are.
    I wonder how Kripparian managed to clear Maghda with 5 valor stacks in inferno with his hardcore barb today. Must be all those act3/act4 loots... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Esapekka View Post
    I wonder how Kripparian managed to clear Maghda with 5 valor stacks in inferno with his hardcore barb today. Must be all those act3/act4 loots... oh wait.
    Wait really? You compared a guy who had 3 other people on TeamNoLife feed him barb loot as they exploited chests and also proly had fanbois send him gear to normal players. Also his gear is ridiculous, at least 30-40 mil worth if not more because I have watched his vidoes. He just facetanks elite packs in Act III sometimes two at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Esapekka View Post
    Wait what. That's EXACTLY how he got through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait what. That's EXACTLY how he got through it.
    Uh, what?
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Uh, what?
    10char

Kripp used Acts III-IV loot if you think he didnt please just stop. They rushed through skipping all rares until they got to Act IV just like Method did. Then they all farmed Act III-IV loot which he used to go back to farm Acts II-III. Melees MUST HAVE Act III-IV loot unless you enjoy staying in Act I forever and farming loot which is now next to worthless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    If I find any bargains below 20k, I buy them instantly. Making gold isn't exactly that hard, so why people won't spend 10k on an upgrade passes right through my mind.
    Yeah, I don't use the Auction House at all because every item there is sold for 500k, even complete crap items.

20k is pretty much the lowest price I've seen. Not that it says a lot, because I dont actually believe people buy those expensive items.

Deleted
    Kripp used Acts III-IV loot if you think he didnt please just stop. They rushed through skipping all rares until they got to Act IV just like Method did. Then they all farmed Act III-IV loot which he used to go back to farm Acts II-III. Melees MUST HAVE Act III-IV loot unless you enjoy staying in Act I forever and farming loot which is now next to worthless.
    Interesting how they rushed to act 3-4 in hardcore when the furthest progress is maghda down, interesting indeed.

It is a factor of Supply and Demand. There are so many people farming 50~ gear now that the price has been driven SO low since there is SO much of it on the AH.