Thread: Elemental Blast

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Elemental Blast

Just a couple of questions about it: Does anyone know if it chooses our highest secondary stat yet? And does anyone have videos of the graphic?
    Last edited by Cunning Stunts; 2012-06-02 at 10:53 PM.

The stat it chooses is random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    The stat it chooses is random.
    Source of this?

making a video here will be exporting it soon as i finish up a thing or two
    has all the lvl 90 talents in it

Deleted
    Stats are chosen random - just test it, and there is no rule what you get with your next Elemental Blast.

Deleted
    If this is true then most (if not all) of my expectations of the lv90 talents have been flushed down the drain...

Yeah atm the only talent thats pretty much static is Unleashed Fury and the elementals, but the elementals are still meh imo. Heres a video of everything so far as far as lvl 90 talents go.

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 10:04 PM ----------

Heres a video of the level 90 talents http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x_KN...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by muxx; 2012-06-03 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    First off, thanks for the nice video.

Secondly, Elemental Blast has a cool animation, the fact that it works well with Unleash Flame and Echo of the Elements is awesome (also Maelstrom if you're Hance) but this random stats crap is a HUGE turn off.

I like the Primal Elementals. I actually prefer this model to the old ones imo. If they managed to perhaps extend the duration or reduce the CD to 3m i'd be happy.

Unleash Fury is a all around talent but its so dull... if it was already built in the Unleash Elements spell everybody's lives would be a hell of a lot easier...

All in all, thanks again for the vid and the quick intel!

I posted this in the Beta Uber Thread but I'll post it here too:

Elemental Blast will consume Unleash Flame
    Is added to Maelstrom Weapon
    Has a travel time
    Is affected by Enhancement's Mastery which means you get bonus damage with Echo of the Elements procs and you gain the buff before the spell hits the target so with a Mastery proc that same Elemental Blast will get the bonus damage
    The Haste buff affects Flurry which is odd because Flurry specifically says "from items." This may not be intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    A level 90 talent should not give a random buff.....should be your highest stat. It's damage seems low too (hard to tell the video is kinda confusing with instant LvB procs he wove in), that lava burst was doing almost as much as EB, and LvB has more modifiers and always crits. It's got a 12 sec cd and longer cast then LvB so if LvB is doing like 45kish in that vid, it should be like 30k reg, and 60k crits.

I hope we don't get screwed on uber EB damage cause of stuff like Elem mastery or EoE.

I still think EB needs something more, really lame in current form not to mention pretty useless to Resto. It should def have some execute mechanic, like when hitting a target <30% hp it does more damage. Or after using it on <30%HP target, you reset the cd and get an instant cast w/ a 30sec icd or something on the reset.

Some other ideas:

-let it be a heal if you target an ally
    -give it a dot/hot for % of damage done over 15 sec
    -give snare or some interesting debuff

Needs something, very boring compared to other 90 talents.

Deleted
    Fan facts:
    Elemental Blast befefits form Ancestral Swiftness and under its effect it becomes instant.
    Elemental Blast benefits form Elemental Overload (ele's mastery)
    Last edited by mmoc347b925a37; 2012-06-03 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    Fan facts:
    Elemental Blast befefits form Ancestral Swiftness and under its effect it becomes instant.
    Elemental Blast benefits form Elemental Overload (ele's mastery)
    Sure that wasn't an Echo proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    This ability really shouldn't have a cast time. Other level 90 talents are instant cast, just saddled with longer cooldowns. However, even with the relatively short CD, the 2 second cast time is pretty absurd for a level 90 talent.

I'm still mystified as to why this isn't also a healing spell.

Finally, the random stat buff is pretty stupid. Just buff all 3 stats for 8 seconds.

On the positive side, the spell animation is great, and I am glad that it works with Echo of Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Yeah, I didn't specifically notice any 3-4 procs when I was testing out it's damage. Just tested this out on ptr, took off my staff + echo and it will proc from mastery.

I agree protoman, this spell needs a resto aspect for it, I would think they would add a heal portion to it kinda like holy shock. I figured when they said they were going to add a new dmg spell to level 90 talents, my first thought was it was going to be a holy shock for shamans. Was shocked when it was just damage.

@teriz Yeah, I was happy to see it worked w/ echo, and yeah the original tool tip text made it sound like it was going to buff all 3 stats by 5% but they must have changed it to 3500 master crit or haste at somepoint.

Also, in my opinion, I would like to see them redo this spell as it being an "Elemental Blast" into a spell with all 3 shocks effects at once. FlS's dot would be applied, for elemental it would do Earthshocks damage+ fulmination, and then it do a slow. That might be a bit OP but it is a level 90 talent, and it is supposevly made up of all 3 elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    With that, the lack of a healing mechanic is even more bizarre. EB benefits Elemental and Enhance, and barely benefits Resto at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    It's damage seems low too (hard to tell the video is kinda confusing with instant LvB procs he wove in), that lava burst was doing almost as much as EB, and LvB has more modifiers and always crits.
    With my gear (11.3k spellpower) the tooltips list following damages:

Lightning Bolt: 18.7k
    Lava Burst: 18.6k
    Elemental Blast: 26.2k

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    It's damage seems low too (hard to tell the video is kinda confusing with instant LvB procs he wove in), that lava burst was doing almost as much as EB
    In the video, EB is the only thing not critting as I'm at 5.4% crit on beta .

if this works with Maelstrom weapoin i'm worried on how its going to be used. i mean it's only 8 sec uptime is it worth sacrificing LB for it? and with it being random and Crit and haste is dead stats for us atm how will this be? and i know it's not worth using without the maelstrom because 2 sec is way to long cast time

It does more damage than LB, so using it instead of LB is not really a sacrifice.