Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Character Models?

Anyone know if Blizzard is still planning on going back an revamping the art work for the older 10 races (humans/orcs - Blood Elves/Dranei) ?

Yes, not on release.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still in development, not planned for MoP release.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

They stated it simply wouldn't be possible for them to finish all the new models by the MoP launch.

At best, only Dwarves will be ready for launch-- and they probably won't be launched without all the others.

Yeah dammit. I love dwarves and I can barely hold myself back from racechanging to one now. If they realease ONLY dwarves at the start... well go figure.

Keep in mind blizzard said the Heroic DM/SFK wouldn't come with cata release. New character models are the kind of things that even blizzard doesn't know about.

Since they only have dwarves and orcs done now(or last we heard), I hope when MoP releases all alliance will become dwarves and all horde will become orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that Dwarves may be ready at launch, and that the Orcs and Humans are next on the list. I also read that the Draenei and Blood Elves wont receive a model update, but that was at Blizzcon and things can change. I hope we get free character customizations when it does happen though, I don't want my characters to look bad. :/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
    Anyone know if Blizzard is still planning on going back an revamping the art work for the older 10 races (humans/orcs - Blood Elves/Dranei) ?
    Yes, they have already said info about this

Quote Originally Posted by Iasu View Post
    All I know is that Dwarves may be ready at launch, and that the Orcs and Humans are next on the list. I also read that the Draenei and Blood Elves wont receive a model update, but that was at Blizzcon and things can change. I hope we get free character customizations when it does happen though, I don't want my characters to look bad. :/
    I can't remember them stating Belfs and Draenei wouldn't get an update, just that they aren't high on the priority list and would be done last (and I guess not released along with the others).

Both draenei and blood elves will recieve model updates.

The only ones excluded are worgen and goblin.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since they only have dwarves and orcs done now(or last we heard), I hope when MoP releases all alliance will become dwarves and all horde will become orcs.
    Don't count on the numbers to change much if they do at all. Alliance will be mostly human and Horde will be mostly Blood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post
    They didn't say that.

They said that their estimated progress would be that Dwarves alone would be finished for MoP's release. And after Dwarves, they'd be working on Orcs. Neither of them are ready, nor will either of them ship with MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm hoping for, is since they are still perfecting pandaria and aiming to get that all complete and brushed without any bugs, once that is done, they will turn there attention to getting the character models updated after it all goes live. The biggest part of design comes with the beta and launch of an ex-pac, so unless they intend to do a really large long raid with new zones thrown in with the next major patch, they should be able to turn there attention to character updates.

At least, thats one theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still on the table IIRC. Blood elves and draenei will be the last to receive updates, though; that was actually my question during the Q&A thing at the press event.

Doubt we'll see them for a rather long time though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if they stick with their big-small patch cycle as planned, we could see them either in the first or second 'small' patch (i.e., one that doesn't come with raid content).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    They're still on the table IIRC. Blood elves and draenei will be the last to receive updates, though; that was actually my question during the Q&A thing at the press event.

Doubt we'll see them for a rather long time though.
    I don't even get why they need it, why give belfs and draenei updates. They were given models in tbc which look more uodated then anything in vanilla.

I was thinking though, the reason they didn't give monks to worgen and goblins, was because they were the only races not in need of a model update, and to tie that in with the monk animations.

Deleted
    Can't wait for updated models myself, its very much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't even get why they need it, why give belfs and draenei updates. They were given models in tbc which look more uodated then anything in vanilla.

I was thinking though, the reason they didn't give monks to worgen and goblins, was because they were the only races not in need of a model update, and to tie that in with the monk animations.
    They look just as outdated as the other vanilla races!

Deleted
    It's desperately needed, imo they should be here with MoP release. The character models are a joke, they look aweful imo. Pandaria looks great, they've put loads of work into improving the graphics of the world yet it's spoilt by two things - poor draw distance and low resolution character models and textures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Inclined to agree, but eh. They still have the same basic clipping issues that plague the vanilla races, and they're not quite on par with... well, goblins at least. I don't think they need that much work though.