Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Act 2 Inferno Barbarian Issues (solo)

After steamrolling Act 1 inferno with a 2H-equipped glass cannon Barbarian with little to no issues, carrying 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor for pretty much the whole Act (honestly the only times i died i either failed at kiting or got some kind of prison+molten or prison/poison combination while my rage cooldown was on cooldown). Throughout this i had the same gear set aside from a couple lucky AH snags I managed. For the most part I had (rounded to the nearest increment of 250):

24,750 dps (according to the tooltip)
    36,750 health
    really shitty resistance (all less than 100).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkP!beV!aYbcZZ was my build.

I pretty much tested my stubbornness to refrain from the 'tank' builds every strategy guide recommends barbarians use. Seen how far I could get before hitting a wall, but just never hit that wall.

I'm very aware as of right now that Act 2 seems to be that wall.

I'm very aware that I would wind up having a much easier time pulling big packs with the cookie cutter 'tank' builds. That said, the cost of buying completely new pieces of gear for every slot and my own tendency to prefer a 'faster' run to a cleaner run makes me want to try and salvage my current setup in any way possible. I lucked out on an AH buy and got a 1150 dps 2Her for dirt cheap (with decent str+vit built in) right into Act 2, increasing my dps to 29,750 at the moment. As a personal goal i do plan to increase my health to around 42k with better AH buys as well, but I honestly don't think that's the root of my issue(s?).

The only real 'issue' Act 2 is giving me, in the limited time I've been able to really venture into it, is the Wasp things that shoot baby wasps at you that explode on impact. Those pretty much one shot me. I can't imagine this dilemma being any easier even if i farmed 250+ resistances and stacked health to the 50K+ point (and my dps would be so low I'd just wind up ransacked by more of those and other mobs). Do other Barbarians usually just kite these things around? Or is the goal to try and one shot them before they go into hiding? And if I do decide to just 'deal' with them by kiting, is there certain thresholds of health+resistance that will make my build easier later on without losing too much dps?

"tl;dr"

"not this thread again"

"reroll monk/wd/wizard/dh"
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Deleted
    You need ~600 all resist to make it "easy".
    Also, leap with 300% armor >>> ignore pain, armor works against magical damage, and take impunity rune for war cry.

I think this will help you : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149150485

10+ Year Old Account

You most def can farm act 2 with 2 handed weapon, you just need to try to get gear with attack speed, resist, vit, % live, strength etc.
    Its gonna cost you a ton, but so does everything else good in this game.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-06-03 at 05:57 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

go Resist all > vitality > strength roughly, it works a treat