question about reduced level items

Found a 1260 DPS 2 handed weapon with reduced item level by 14. Rest of the stats suck but would that make me plow through everything like it was nothing? Was thinking about getting it for my new Wizard. Also do weapon stats even matter for farming Act I until Im geared enough to move on? Is that high of DPS good enough for a weapon even if it lacks int or crit?

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you're a glass cannon build, weapon damage is the highest priority. For a wizard, I would assume that you are. That weapon would help you tremendously faceroll most of what you're trying to clear.

But if you're using a weapon reduced by that many levels, what difficulty are you clearing? I can't imagine you'd need it that much, would sell for ridiculously high too.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

RMAH that. If pvp has brackets..I have a 700 dps lv.45 weapon myself.

Also yes to everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    would sell for ridiculously high too.
    Yea but would always be in demand for self PLing once they fix all the quest sploits so should resell fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Found a 1260 DPS 2 handed weapon with reduced item level by 14. Rest of the stats suck but would that make me plow through everything like it was nothing? Was thinking about getting it for my new Wizard. Also do weapon stats even matter for farming Act I until Im geared enough to move on? Is that high of DPS good enough for a weapon even if it lacks int or crit?
    level 46? dude you're not even to hell yet.
    that weapon would destroy anything in nightmare.
    and would work very well all the way through hell even if it didn't have good other stats.

I was in act 4 nightmare with a 1k 2hander on my barb.
    Was oneshotting everything up to act 4 hell.

1k dps weapon is overkill until act 3 inferno.