Witch Doctor Builds??????

Ok so i have been playing my WD now and i am trying to kill Diablo Nightmare mode. I have been using this build to fight diablo

i have been using it to level/grind/boss fight... i need a little help because i know it isnt ideal for boss fights at all.. i am currently level 50 so any help showing me what i should be using NOW for level/grinding /bosses and what i should be using when i am 60 is greatly appreciated...

thanks guys for nay help or input
    Last edited by Lohung; 2012-06-03 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    If I was you id get rid of the dogs and the big zombie dude in all honesty. They die way to easily and are usually dead when you need them to fight for you. Enable elective mode in the options and go with something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dQP!bVZ!aYaZbc

This is the current build im using in Inferno. The bloodlust effect from big bad voodoo and the fetish army shamans are great to pop on bosses for getting a chunk of HP down and also good for when your in trouble with some elite packs. The spirit walk saves your ass as you can pop it and avoid all damage for its duration. Soul harvest for the DPS boost and the health you can steal back. At the moment im switching between a few second mouse abilities. But in this one I linked the firebomb with Pyrogeist. Its great to drop down when you gotta constantly move and kite without sacrificing to much damage. And Poison Dart with splinters is a great single target damage. Three passives, Spiritual attunement for more mana and the next one is pierce the veil. It increases all your damage but makes the mana cost more so the Spiritual attunement one helps alot for that. And then the final one is Spirit Vessel which has saved my ass so many times. Basically any hit that would kill you wont kill you and the ability will save you every 2 mins.

Thats about all the help I can think of atm.
    Hope it helps!

-Nara

I use this build for bosses where I can conceivably kill very quickly.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VPT!dWZ!abYZbb

But for bosses with "Phases" I use something along the lines of.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VUT!dWZ!abYZcc

Don't be shy to detonate the dogs, you usually get at least half of them back to detonate again. My gear is mediocre at best but they can crit for 60k without the slam dance. Otherwise I just run a lot. For reference I have just started Inferno, which this build is useless in (just as reference).

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with a Vision Quest build with Zombie Bears, something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dZP!UVZ!acaZac

Nightmare diablo is stunable so use snake to the face dart if you have it.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

I've had a lot of success through nightmare, hell and act 1 inferno with a direbats build as below:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RjP!bVU!aZcabZ

In particular for Diablo I mostly stayed just on the edge of the screen, while using shift casting to throw bats in his general direction. When fetish army is up you get a while to stand and cast while they tank him for you.

Hex and mass confusion should keep your clone occupied for long enough for you to kill it, or get it pretty close to death. When you are just fighting Diablo himself just use them to keep vision quest active. They don't really add a great deal during these phases, but their usefulness out in the world means that I just leave them on so I can keep nephalem valour.

Spirit walk if ever you get in trouble, or if you are going to run in to use soul harvest for the int bonus.

Obviously try not to stand in the fire, skeleton cages or lightning. If you do get caught out spirit walk and spirit vessel should sort you out while you run to a health pool.

A lot of people seem to be using poison dart: splinters to good effect, personally I don't have enough attack speed for that yet. If you do, it might be worth a look. Pets seem very underwhelming once you get into higher difficulties. Spirit walk and spirit vessel are so useful as to be more or less mandatory.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2012-06-03 at 03:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a build that was linked a week or so ago. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...UdS!bWZ!aaacYa

Except they were 60 and used Searing Locusts instead. I tried this after my pets were utterly useless in Hell after painfully progressing through Nightmare.

It involves some kiting on champion packs, but what build doesn't? Spirit walk in, soul harvest, pop a insect swarm and watch it bounce to 20 monsters in a few seconds. Run away and fling poison to finish them up. Toss your Fetish on cooldown as it will chicken bosses and elites to buy time to move as well as heal. Use grasp to lead mobs and not drop it on their face.

Also make sure you have a good, slow weapon. Mace works great as your dot spells are much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the build I am currently using for my (none inferno) level 60. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...diP!ThV!bZYZca

This build sports massive nuking capabilities, as well as being able to handle both single target and aoe situations. For specific fights such as diablo, some minor tweaks won't hurt (such as changing the fetish shaman to heal instead of hexing). My basic form of attack is to run into a group of enemies, use soul harvest to gain the intelligence boost as well as heal the damage I might take. If I can avoid the damage, I'll do so. My fetish shaman is up at all times (with my passive, I am able to have it up 100% of the time). When it hexes a target, they are taking 20% extra damage. Once I have at least one target hexed, I use my mass confusion. Not only does this help protect me, it causes the enemies to fight on my side, as well as causing everything in the radius to take 20% increased damage regardless of if they were mind controlled or not. So any hexed targets are now taking 40% increased damage. Then I pop my fetish army who are all set to do 250% damage upon summon to anything close by. Right now I have about 13k dps. Using this set up, my nuke will do upwards of 100,000 damage or more based on intelligence and if my target has 20% or 40% extra damage taken. This number will most likely double or more once I am inferno geared. This works very well for threesome champion packs, rare spawn single mobs and just about every boss. For champion packs, it nukes down one of the three enemies and either one shots them or allows me to drop them down quickly with acid cloud spam. Even if I end up dieing, the one enemy dieing decreases the difficulty significantly. It works well with single target rare spawns because it usually takes care of the pesky adds, and it works even better on bosses because some can be mind controlled, some can be hexed, and some bosses can be affected by both. Bosses usually don't start off with adds, so the if they get hexed right away then it's all the better for you.

When I'm not doing that, I spam the crap out of acid cloud. At 200% weapon damage, it does heavy aoe and single target damage and can be used from any distance at all. It is mana heavy, which is why my posion darts are set to restore my mana. Some people might prefer a different attack to use. I make modifications if I feel them necessary, but I very rarely do. For a fight like Diablo, I replace my grave injustice talent to the 20% damage reduction talent and change my single fetish shaman to heal instead of hex (since diablo is one of the few who is immune). Because of my cooldown reduction, my shaman is up 100% of the time, which means I have a constant source of healing which is missing from the templar. I keep my mass confusion ability just because of the 20% extra damage it causes. It would work just as well to change it to a different talent, but my 20% fetish army nuke still does about 15-20% of diablos hp in damage (but that nuke is on a two minute cooldown, so it's a bad idea to think it's enough for diablo).

So the tldr version

Run in, pop abilites, do 100k damage, win.
    If semi win, then proceed to keep your distance and pop acid cloud. Keep mini shaman up at all times, win.
    Last edited by AndyF1069; 2012-06-03 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Forgot my build, how smart of me.

thanks guys thats all looking good.. what about gear... i know that weapon damage means everything so i guess i am going to get a 2 hander cause of the more Dmg on it... but after that i guess i should be stacking int?

i am liking the Zombie Bears imo... should i do int and Vit? or int and Life Leech?

should i get a 2 handed weapon since my spells come off of my weapon dmg?and do "chance on hit to steal life" mean i have to hit them with the weapon or any spell???
    Last edited by Lohung; 2012-06-03 at 09:33 PM.