First build, looking for feedback (and some help)

My apologies in advance for not being able to post links!

This will be my first build, so I'm rather new to say the least; the following list is just something I've put together as a test, a rough draft if you will, to get some feedback before I finalize my plans on what I'll get. I believe I've listed everything: I won't need a mouse or keyboard and the monitor is already on here, but there is one more thing I'd like to ask: Would it be a good investment to drop another ~$100 and get the GTX 680, or is there a whole other card that I should be looking into? Thank you!

-Case: I'm still looking around, just trying to find one I like; I'd prefer a simple yet reliable case with some extra space for future upgrades, if anyone has some suggestions!

-Power Supply: Nvidia suggests a minimum of 600 W for the GTX 580, but this (and heatsinks below) is one of those things I'm rather lost on: I'm sure I should get more than that, but as for how much I should get and whether it's possible to have too much power... I do not know; so any assistance here would be very much appreciated!

-CPU: Intel i5-3570k

-Heatsink: As stated above, I'm completely lost when it comes to a heatsink: I don't want to drop a whole lot of money on one, but I want to make sure I get one that'll effectively and efficiently keep my PC cool. So it's similar to my power supply problem in the sense that I don't know what would be overkill and what I should get, so any assistance would definitely be appreciated!

-Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK

-Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ripjaw Series

-Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 580

-HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black

-SSD: Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT128M4SSD2

-Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P

-Budget: I'd like to stay around $1,500, but I can go up to $2,000 if need be.
    -Resolution: 1920x1080
    -Games/Settings Desired: D3, WoW, GW2, LotRO, Rift (etc.) at or close to max settings
    -Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): No
    -Do you need an OS?: No
    -Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: No

Thank you in advance for your help, friends, and my apologies again for not being able to post links!

Yours truly,
    -Aerithan

Deleted
    I think you're looking for something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK-140 90.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($51.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $1394.90
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-06-03 11:22 EDT-0400)

This will probably play all mentioned games at ultra(not sure about GW2, but I doubt that it will take a better setup than this to max it out). Fit in a 256GB SSD so you can comfortably fit all your games and your OS on it.
    670>580, get a GTX 670 instead. The PSU i chose out is meant for you to be able to SLi on. If you don't need it, drop down to this one.
    Last edited by mmoc004bc643ae; 2012-06-03 at 03:27 PM.