Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Did anyone else besides me get the whole Chun-li/Street Fighter reference in the female panda cheer emote?...just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by marmol View Post
    I hope Blizz changes the voice of female Pandaren, she sounds waaay too old, her animations suggest that she is young and energetic, but the voice sounds if not like old lady, then at least not like a young energetic female.
    yeah, this is exactly what I thought. With the dance and the hairstyles it's obvious Blizzard wanted to give the impression of a young person, I don't get why the voice sounds like this. I mean, when I don't look at the video, I can see an old woman speaking the lines.

I suppose they could stand to modulate the voice to sound younger. I think it sounds really kind though.

Hopefully one day we get to pick voice pitches.

LOL watching the female voice video reminds me of the old badly dubbed hong-kong production kung-fu movies - so out of synch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The voice D: Female pandas look so young and cute, that voice made her sound like an old lady :/ I hope that change that, I'll roll one either way though.

I like the fem pandaren voice! She sounds very elegant.

I was afraid fem Pandaren would sound like a gnome. I am pleased with the voice presented here. The vague hint of accent does sound less asian than caribbean, but it is so slight I don't find it overly disturbing. I don't like the cutesy face, I am not as impressed with her bouncy perky silly actions, but since "I am out of mana" and "I cannot do that yet" is what I am going to hear incessantly, and the rest of her will be covered with armor, I am happy to say that I currently plan to level one of every class which can be Pandaren. If they change the voice, to a squeaky cutesy annoying one, then I suppose I'll be leveling all guy Pandaren. We'll see. Just no chihuahuas!

Deleted
    i want rie kugimiya for the female voice
    (shame on anime lovers if you dont know who she is)

My god the female Panderan is terrible. It sounds like an elderly Asian women while the model looks young. Totally character breaking for me. I hope they change it.

The voice for Pandaren females is very out of character. The body has all these cutsie, teen-like animations, and it's paired with the voice of an older woman, who sounds forty at the very least, that is attempting to have a wizened feel to it. While I'm not a fan of the chibi and teen stylization of the females in the first place, at least have all of the elements match. It's just odd, and discomforting otherwise. I would much prefer that to something that's a half-and-half abomination.

That fem panda voice sounds like my 35+ year old Japanese teachers, not a 24 and younger east Asian lady. It doesn't fit at all and is extremely jarring.

Definitely not likin' that voice.

Deleted
    imo the animations need to change or they voice needs to change for me they panda look a little too schoolgirl for me anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    The voice for the female pandaren is too deep. It simply does not match the energy put into the animations for the emotes. Blizzard, in my opinion, ought to make it a bit lighter in pitch so that the two are a better fit.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    I played two different scenarios on my pally last night and they were actually soloable (yeah both the other people DCed on entry and I figured I might as well see what would happen if I were alone). If you stay out of stuff and use self-heals, it's not so bad - especially when you're with the NPC who drops healing patches on the ground. I'm not sure how well it might go for something like an arms warrior though - not having on-demand self heals and such.

Also i do tend to agree about the pandaren female voices... they're too subdued for the energy of the actual animations. One or the other ought to be tweaked.

I absolutely love the female pandaren voice. It's perfect. She's a short, gruff panda woman. And her accent sounds pretty good to me.

The female and male panda voice doen't fit and annoying me.

Deleted
    Pure Firehawk for ding on lvl 90?
    Blizzard are you kidding me?
    Some of us has worked their asses to get this mount and I love being different from the others that with the glory hawk. And now everyone will be getting this mount so all the babies will be flying on it. That is just sad.
    The other thing will be if they dont nerf the drop of DW HC mount as well but since the nerfs everyone got that but still for the new expand need to be nerfed to 1% as it should be.

Well at least they didn't go cutesy with the female voice >.>

Ooh man, I can't stand the Pandaren female voice....

First the dance now the voice... Male Pandaren it is for me.