Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

Consoles are almost dead. Thank god.
    Maybe for you? Because it seems like consoles are doing quite fine.

Back in High School I used to be all involved in the E3 stuff. I was rooting for Nintendo almost 100% and I was one of those "ignorance is bliss" kind of people who only owned one console.

Then I grew up and got an Xbox, then an Ps2, then an Xbox360, and everything was good....

Now I play PC exclusively and never once have I felt a need to go back to anything that hooks up to my TV.

Why?

BECAUSE MY COMPUTER IS HOOKED UP TO MY TV... and I have a wired Xbox controler...

After seeing and experiencing Steam, upgradeable hardware and a mouse and keyboard, I really don't see any reason to ever buy a console again.... ever... Even games that I really wanted to play on a console eventually ended up on the PC with better graphics and mod support.

For example, I am a hardcore Silent Hill fan, but the latest game in the series did not get my money because I know it'll come to Steam eventually.

And those who argue that a gaming PC is to expensive... that may have been true maybe 5 years ago, but these days I walk into a Future Shop and I look around and I'm baffled by the hardware you can get for under a thousand bucks that'll play any PC game on the market with decent visuals.

Consoles are almost dead. Thank god.
    Wii U will offer gameplay you can't even get on a PC 'Nuff said. PC gaming has been around for ages and we hardly see anything innovative anymore for it, it's still just pointing, clicking and pressing buttons.

Touch screen, multiple screens and 360 degrees of gaming will open up more gameplay windows for game companies and you should be right behind that if you really like gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Maybe for you? Because it seems like consoles are doing quite fine.
    I guess you missed that news story about investors "demanding" that Nintendo start developing for the Ipod and Iphone earlier last year. [

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Wii U will offer gameplay you can't even get on a PC 'Nuff said. PC gaming has been around for ages and we hardly see anything innovative anymore for it, it's still just pointing, clicking and pressing buttons.

Touch screen and 360 degrees of gaming will open up more gameplay windows for game companies and you should be right behind that if you really like gaming.
    Iphone/Ipad + Home Computer

Why has no developer thought of it? Maybe because they're all dumb... maybe... or maybe just no one is really interested.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 01:12 AM ----------

Also, "pointing and clicking" buttons has been around for ages and for good reason. It works. While I'll admit that different ways of interacting with my game may be appealing, at first, until they develop a machine that can replicate something like what Iron Man uses from the movies, I've no interest in waving my arms around or holding up an Ipad in front of my face.
    Last edited by Direshadow; 2012-06-04 at 01:10 AM.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I guess you missed that news story about investors "demanding" that Nintendo start developing for the Ipod and Iphone earlier last year. [

Why has no developer thought of it? Maybe because they're all dumb... maybe... or maybe just no one is really interested.
    playing between 2 screens and 1 of them being a touch screen is a bit different to anything out there, you'll be able to get a 360 degree look around an environment and slide/flick objects from the controller screen to the TV screen, if you aren't excited you aren't a true gamer. A real gamer get hyped up for all advancements in gaming because they could be fun and offer a whole new gaming experience.

but if you want to continue pointing and clicking and be satisfied with that then that's your choice.

whatever games you're into this system seems to be a huge leap forward.

Insta buy Wii U (if reasonable price) for new LoZ
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 01:12 AM ----------

Also, "pointing and clicking" buttons has been around for ages and for good reason. It works. While I'll admit that different ways of interacting with my game may be appealing, at first, until they develop a machine that can replicate something like what Iron Man uses from the movies, I've no interest in waving my arms around or holding up an Ipad in front of my face.
    You've been preaching doomsday for consoles since 2010 at least. I'll believe it when I see it, keep wishing bro.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    playing between 2 screens and 1 of them being a touch screen is a bit different to anything out there, you'll be able to get a 360 degree look around an environment and slide/flick objects from the controller screen to the TV screen, if you aren't excited you aren't a true gamer. A real gamer get hyped up for all advancements in gaming because they could be fun and offer a whole new gaming experience.

but if you want to continue pointing and clicking and be satisfied with that then that's your choice.

whatever games you're into this system seems to be a huge leap forward.
    +

10+ Year Old Account
    in japanese
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    You've been preaching doomsday for consoles since 2010 at least. I'll believe it when I see it, keep wishing bro.

Wishing? It's happening right before our eyes. Even Nintendo's grip on hand-hend gaming is slipping. There is absolutely no excuse NOT to buy a PC game that is also on a console. If you have an xbox wired controller, or ANY game pad that hooks up to a PC, there is literally no excuse. And if you still buy the game for a console, you are only ripping yourself off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Insta buy Wii U (if reasonable price) for new LoZ
    Zelda won't be coming out for a few more years. I wouldn't buy it yet if that's all you want.

Wishing? It's happening right before our eyes. Even Nintendo's grip on hand-hend gaming is slipping.
    When did this start happening? You know the 3DS is doing extremely well, right?

There is absolutely no excuse NOT to buy a PC game that is also on a console.
    Good thing Nintendo never makes games on PC, and never will. Nintendo consoles are worth buying for their exclusives alone, even if the hardware isn't that great.

Anyway, when did this thread turn into a console vs. PC debate?

The Nintendo 3Ds is doing well according to Nintendo's standards. As soon as you point out that the Iphone, Ipad, or any other smart phone has been doing bounds and leaps better, with cheaper games to boot, the argument becomes invalid.

And perhaps at one point Nintendo games were worth the price of a console alone, a long time ago in the Game Cube days. These days though, not so much. I am so tired of the traditional formula that Zelda and Mario use to sell units. The last Zelda game was the first Zelda I just... didn't even bother looking at. I didn't even bother looking at the back of the box when I found myself near games in a store.

To give you an example of how hardcore of a fan I was... I was one of the few people who defended the look of Wind Waker the moment it was shown.

These days though, I have no desire to collect the seven "X ITEMS" to unlock the "X CASTLE" to defeat the "X BOSS" who is really "X GANON incarnation"

I'm sorry, I just don't have any desire to do that any more.

And believe me it's not just Nintendo games that are getting stale either. So don't pin that crap on me please. I went through Skyrim once. Since then I have had no desire to explore the world further.

The Nintendo 3Ds is doing well according to Nintendo's standards. As soon as you point out that the Iphone, Ipad, or any other smart phone has been doing bounds and leaps better, with cheaper games to boot, the argument becomes invalid.

And perhaps at one point Nintendo games were worth the price of a console alone, a long time ago in the Game Cube days. These days though, not so much. I am so tired of the traditional formula that Zelda and Mario use to sell units. The last Zelda game was the first Zelda I just... didn't even bother looking at. I didn't even bother looking at the back of the box when I found myself near games in a store.

To give you an example of how hardcore of a fan I was... I was one of the few people who defended the look of Wind Waker the moment it was shown.

These days though, I have no desire to collect the seven "X ITEMS" to unlock the "X CASTLE" to defeat the "X BOSS" who is really "X GANON incarnation"

I'm sorry, I just don't have any desire to do that any more.

And believe me it's not just Nintendo games that are getting stale either. So don't pin that crap on me please. I went through Skyrim once. Since then I have had no desire to explore the world further.
    Angry Birds doesn't compare to Pokemon, no matter how much comfort you take in telling yourself that. Iphone plays shit games with the upside of being a phone.

Nintendo games being stale and the same thing each time is just your opinion. Consoles may be dead to you, but they aren't to others.

This isn't a PC vs console thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see handheld phones becoming the new gaming platform over consoles, i play an ipod game for maybe a week if i rlly like than never touch it again unless its like FF3 which was originally a console game sooo, maybe other people will use mobile devices more but to abandon a whole gaming market as big as consoles is rediculous
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Yea, cause that can not be said for all other games as well on PC. Fanboy much.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Angry Birds doesn't compare to Pokemon, no matter how much comfort you take in telling yourself that. Iphone plays shit games with the upside of being a phone.

I don't know about you but... 1 Billion angry birds downloads to 200million pokemon sales.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    All this talk makes me want to play my WII....

But I can't wait for the Wii U. Will pick it up when it has its first price break.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post

hmm this?

dont get me wrong.. i love all the new stuff
    Now that looks really comfortable.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    I don't know about you but... 1 Billion angry birds downloads to 200million pokemon sales.
    Maybe 'cause it's $0.99?

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    The game ranges from free to less than a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    can watch..... here.

lol at nintendo stealing xbox controller and facebook rip offs
    You have not been playing games very long have you?
    If you look at controllers overall, in the long run everyone else has copied nintendo's design.
    Look at the NES, then the SNES, then move onto the N64, and the Gamecube's the best example. Now compare those to any other controller that has ever come out afterwords and we can see who really copied who.