Thread: Was I hacked?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Was I hacked?

Well I'm a bit confused atm. I logged on to check my AH this morning, and saw that my balance was 0. So I logged on to my level 59 barb to find my Goldskin chest piece was missing.

I bought the chest piece last night, and had around 70k gold when I went to bed. The thing that confuses me is the fact I had another similar Goldskin in my stash, and legendary gloves on my Wizard, yet only the chest piece and gold where taken nothing else..

So was I hacked, or is it a glitch or something?

Sorry for any grammar problems, still half asleep!

PS, I don't have an authenticator atm.

Check your auctions completed tab.
    Its possible you ended up buying 2 items (eventho they failed initially and you went on to buy another one that did work the first time) which caused your gold to drop.
    A 0 balance would hint otherwise but its possible in theory.

And please by all means, get an authenticator.
    Every major smart-phone can get one for free.
    If you dont have a smart-phone you can buy one for ~6 euros, free of shipping.
    Getting up to lvl60 will take you ~30hours without exploits at the bare minimum.
    That equals to less then 20 cents an hour to protect what you played for.
    Get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

Run a malware/virus scan, change your password, GET AN AUTHENTICATOR, and contact support to try and get your stuff back. Expect a long delay, since apparently if you dont have an Auth, you get your stuff stolen. LOTS of reports of people missing stuff. A lot of people are still saying its a 'bug' but... is there any strange names in your 'recently played' list?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright thanks for the replys, I've had an austhenticator on my phone for ages, but it's currently broken. I might look into getting one off blizz. How long would it take to get one shipped to Australia?

Edit: Turns out it will most likely be quicker to wait for my phone to be replaced, than to have an authenticator shipped.
    Last edited by v3rtz; 2012-06-04 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know for the life of me why you wouldn't make an official ticket on Battle.Net or something. They have recovery protocol you know.