Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

has this generation of gamers forgotten abot the 360 release date?

Alot of times i hear "when the ps4 and 720 come out they'll blow the wiius graphics out of the water". if sony and microsoft dont back out of what they said the ps4 and 720 wont be shown this e3 and therefore wont come out till atleast late 2013 to early 2014 but we all know this generation is ending and the new xbox will most def come out sometime between now and mid 2014. thats not a long time, i dont recall anyone saying "when the ps3 comes out its gonna blow the 360 out of the water" except for sony fanboys, the xbox 360 came out in november 2005 and the ps3 came out november 2006 a solid years difference give or take a couple days. so why is it different because its nintendo? also have gamers forgotten that nintendo wasnt always behind in graphics? last generation the gamecube was neck and neck with the xbox in terms of power and graphics and the ps2 was the lowest in terms of graphics, and the nintendo 64 completely outshined the ps1 in terms of graphics. it wasnt until the wii that nintendo was behind in terms of graphics.

so has this generation of gamers overlooked that? and have they forgotten nintendos history? anyone who has been a nintendo fan for any length of time before the wii will know that theres no reason to expect the wiiu to be weak in ANY way and a year is not leaps in bounds in terms of consoles, not even pcs make THAT MUCH of a difference in just a year. what do you think?

Uh... pretty sure the xbox, if not the PS2, far outshone the gamecube in graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post
    Uh... pretty sure the xbox, if not the PS2, far outshone the gamecube in graphics.
    no the gamecube and the xbox were very close in graphics. the xbox was a little stronger but they were pretty close. and both were much stronger then the ps2

10+ Year Old Account

It's just completely mind-blowing how good it looks. For a Nintendo console.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I don't think Nintendo have graphics at the top of their list of priorities. I don't think the Wii U will have as good graphics as the next Playstation or Xbox, just my opinion though. I also don't think it matters, as long as I'm getting the awesome Nintendo first party games.

The gamecubes graphics were about the same as something that had worse graphics than an xbox and PS1

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post

and considering it can also produce the same level of power in the controller as well goes to show how powerful it is. plus a couple of developers have said theyve tweaked it to be able to run unreal engine 4 so it should be even stronger then it was then

Also how will they use its power, will they try and lure some of the PS/Xbox crowd away with new offerings.

Deleted
    All are the same for me. The PS2 far outshone the other two consoles due to titles, and titles alone.

The only reason I stick to Playstation from now is purely the controllers (which, as they say, each to their own).
    The graphics, or how well the game developers can use their console improves over time, in most cases the differences between the graphics on consoles is negligible.

I shun the (modern) Nintendo in general as for me it is the pure embodiment of franchise abuse.
    The console may be original, but the games are the same repeated games for 20+ years.

How many Zeldas and Marios can one possibly play? The difference between each title is infinitesimally small and only noticeable by those who nitpick minor details.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want graphics they should be playing on a PC. Consoles are for party games when you have guests. Nintendo is the best when it comes to those hands-down.

For the array of games that nintendo has i don't expect it to be awe inspiring, that's just not what those games are about, and graphics usually don't make a game, there's been plenty of pretty games that were awful and games that didn't look to good but had amazing gameplay. I think that's something the newer generation just doesn't understand. I would much rather have something that just plays so smooth and is fun rather than awesome graphics (but not to the point where you can't tell whats going on). That being said I want gamecube controllers for the wii u >.< it doesn't feel right with that wii remote.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    All are the same for me. The PS2 far outshone the other two consoles due to titles, and titles alone.

The only reason I stick to Playstation from now is purely the controllers (which, as they say, each to their own).
    The graphics, or how well the game developers can use their console improves over time, in most cases the differences between the graphics on consoles is negligible.

I shun the (modern) Nintendo in general as for me it is the pure embodiment of franchise abuse.
    The console may be original, but the games are the same repeated games for 20+ years.

How many Zeldas and Marios can one possibly play? The difference between each title is infinitesimally small and only noticeable by those who nitpick minor details.
    while this may be true for titles like pokemon, if your trying to say that games like super mario sunshine and super mario galaxy are the same with only miniscule differences id beg to differ, the same can be said for games like skyward sword when compared to ocarina of time and twilight princess. also while yes nintendo does tend to push its top 5 games the most (mario zelda pokemon metroid and kirby) there are dozens upon dozens of nintendo first party titles and series both old and new ranging from pikmin to star fox. just because some arent as well known doesnt mean nintendo isnt churning out new series and ips all the time. if anything microsoft is at the biggest fault when it comes to a lack of first party titles outside of the usual halos and gears of war

It's not really nitpicking details when every game is different, especially Mario of all titles. Mario is by far one of the most diverse franchises there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just hope new systems are more reliable ive never had to send in my ps2 yet the ps3 had to go in twice for repairs. my one hope though for ps4 is they take ps home out of beta and make it where u go when you start up the playstation
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Graphics aren't everything PC games are more responsive and the keyboard / mouse is superior to the controller. Also Morrowind / Baldur's Gate SoA/ToB are two of the best games ever made and this generations RPGS can't even stand toe to toe with them.

However some people just can't play them because GAHHH the graphics, or they don't understand the combat system and how to build a proper character.

Then again they were some of the last RPGS made before all the dudebros started getting into gaming. And games started nickle and dime charging content with purposely unfinished games. While dumbing the title down from Morrowind to Skyrim the amount of content removed is staggering. Look forward to games being launch with even more Day 1 DLC bundles for the next generation of games.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-06-04 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no the gamecube and the xbox were very close in graphics. the xbox was a little stronger but they were pretty close. and both were much stronger then the ps2
    Rose colored glasses IMO. The xbox at the time had the best graphics around bar none.

Nintendo Wii was more about trying something different
    Nintendo Wii U IS a powerhouse, they already stated that in multiple interviews. The Wii U is a a powerhouse machine, you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Rose colored glasses IMO. The xbox at the time had the best graphics around bar none.
    I disagree at the time yes it had the ability to produce the best graphics of the 3 but 9 times outta 10 the games looked better on the ps2 cause thery where easier to program on

Deleted
    Have you PLAYED all Zeldas and Marios? Because they're extremely diverse. Sure, the story format remains pretty much the same, but the gameplay most often feels completely different between games.

I mean, you can't sit there and say that Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are pretty much the same game.
    Last edited by mmoccdcfc5f8d6; 2012-06-04 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Alot of times i hear "when the ps4 and 720 come out they'll blow the wiius graphics out of the water". if sony and microsoft dont back out of what they said the ps4 and 720 wont be shown this e3 and therefore wont come out till atleast late 2013 to early 2014 but we all know this generation is ending and the new xbox will most def come out sometime between now and mid 2014. thats not a long time, i dont recall anyone saying "when the ps3 comes out its gonna blow the 360 out of the water" except for sony fanboys, the xbox 360 came out in november 2005 and the ps3 came out november 2006 a solid years difference give or take a couple days. so why is it different because its nintendo? also have gamers forgotten that nintendo wasnt always behind in graphics? last generation the gamecube was neck and neck with the xbox in terms of power and graphics and the ps2 was the lowest in terms of graphics, and the nintendo 64 completely outshined the ps1 in terms of graphics. it wasnt until the wii that nintendo was behind in terms of graphics.

so has this generation of gamers overlooked that? and have they forgotten nintendos history? anyone who has been a nintendo fan for any length of time before the wii will know that theres no reason to expect the wiiu to be weak in ANY way and a year is not leaps in bounds in terms of consoles, not even pcs make THAT MUCH of a difference in just a year. what do you think?
    Can you spend 3 seconds looking over your grammar i mean jesus its like you just mashed thoughts into one solid block.

Iv seen plenty of tech demos that never come close to living up to the final product.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 06:25 AM ----------

Nintendo Wii U IS a powerhouse, they already stated that in multiple interviews. The Wii U is a a powerhouse machine, you will see.
    Except its gona powerhouse the previous generations hardware and when the next gen comes out it will be left in the dust again. And as of lately nintendo has been using thier systems to try out new gimicks and things instead of providing a solid gaming experience.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2012-06-04 at 06:32 AM.