Best place to farm Act 1

Hi guys,

Just finished Act 1, which was actually very easy. I don't have the best gear, im looking to farm Butcher (or any other ideas?) a couple times, since he's quite easy and drops a crapton of gear with my MF/5x NV stacks/gear.

Where should you start to have 4/5 stacks of Nephalem's Valor by the time you reach him? (what quest/part)
    Thanks,

Chicken

PS - [Monk] I currently have ~400 resist in EVERYTHING, 35k HP, 1150 dex, 15k dps, a fuckton of attack speed, & 30% crit (with 75% crit increase dmg). Stats are pretty good, but how much more do I need to farm to get into Act II without getting 1-shotted? I haven't tried it out yet.

Don't even attempt Act 2 until you've got at least 650 all resist, around 4.5k base armor, and a good Life on Hit 1h weapon (500 or more).

As for farming spots in Act 1...not really sure. People have suggested:

-Just clearing the whole act over and over
    -Doing butcher runs
    -Farming the elite mob in Warrior's Rest with MF gear (this works if you're looking for decent rares to sell, and apparently can net you a legendary or two if you're lucky)

But do NOT farm Act 1 for gear, farm for gold and buy stuff off AH. You'll be there for months if you're farming for gear, because all the stuff you need for Act 2 drops in Act 3 and 4, sadly. (gg blizz)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Solo, I usually start at the quest just after wretched mothers and clear the whole act. Got something like 280 MF with full stacks (in gear I can still do all of act1 in, too lazy to swap every rare pack/chest, and I've gotten legendaries from fallen adventurers and pots) and there are a lot of rares and stuff to break down in the crypts near the beginning.

To do just a butcher run though, what most people I know do is start on the quest 'the fallen angel'. Basically that sends you through Halls of Agony, Highlands Passage, the Jailer, and then down to the Butcher.

Select "Cursed Hold". Clear to the prison and clear the prison. Don't click on the last quest item to spawn the Warden unless you have 5 stacks. If you don't have 5 stacks, port back to town and go to the cemetery or some other earlier zone to get the last stack or two. Use your original portal to get back to the prison. Click the 6th quest thingy to spawn Warden. Kill him. Clear to Butcher. Kill him.

That's a typical Butcher run for me.

I start with finding the cursed hold, by the time you full clear Halls of Agony level 2 and the Cursed Hold, you'll have 5 stacks when you kill the Warden which is pretty much a free boss kill with lots of loots, then I finish to the Butcher. Pretty fast run and IMO it maximizes your time input, any bosses prior in my experience are a waste of time, and if you are good you could easily do this in about 45 minutes or so.

I do a full warden + butcher run in about 15 minutes on my barbarian. So 4 runs an hour, great great great farm. It terms of gear very minimal upgrades unless you get super lucky on rolls, great gold farm tho! That AH makes me millions!

Deleted
    1) Festering wood has 5 elite packs in close proximity - 2 in the dungeons, 2 in the woods and the yellow mob even on the hill

2) Cemetery of the Forsaken has 4 elite packs in close proximity as well as some purple mobs - 3 toms with elite/purple and one yellow usually running around near the waypoint. The urns in the tombs also give decent gold

3) Warden+Butcher runs, the route is pretty liner and predictable there's a lot of elite packs and 2 easy bosses in quick succession

If you do all 3 of these and then restart it should work pretty well.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Don't even attempt Act 2 until you've got at least 650 all resist, around 4.5k base armor, and a good Life on Hit 1h weapon (500 or more).

As for farming spots in Act 1...not really sure. People have suggested:

-Just clearing the whole act over and over
    -Doing butcher runs
    -Farming the elite mob in Warrior's Rest with MF gear (this works if you're looking for decent rares to sell, and apparently can net you a legendary or two if you're lucky)

But do NOT farm Act 1 for gear, farm for gold and buy stuff off AH. You'll be there for months if you're farming for gear, because all the stuff you need for Act 2 drops in Act 3 and 4, sadly. (gg blizz)
    The part in bold would have been enough.

Act II is such a disproportionate increase in difficulty compared to the minimal increase in potential drop quality.

Do butcher runs for a while until you get bored enough (and enough gold so you can buy gear that lets you take at least one hit from Act III packs) and then do Siegebreaker runs.