Thread: Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3

Just wanna say Max Payne 3 on PC is an absolute gem and is easily 2012's best singleplayer shooter!

I really recommend it, heres a review on PC version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wkkvBL9skg

I pre-ordered it as I absolutely love Max Payne games, but after seeing some video previews and screenshots I thought it was going to end up being average graphics and gameplay wise. How wrong I was! The graphics are absolutely amazing on PC (one of my screenshots) and the gameplay really does feel like the old Max Payne games.

My only problems with it so far is that they have replaced the graphic novel type cutscenes with more cinematic ones that have too many effects going on in them, and that there are some Quick Time Events which really don't suit the game.

Deleted
    Cut scene, Cut scene,Cut scene, Cut scene. bullet time, cover fire, Cut scene, Cut scene, Talking, talking, more talking, Cut scene, Cut scene, Quick time even, cut scene, Talking, Talking, Cut scene, Cut scene, Some more Cover Firing,Cut scene, Cut scene.
    So far I have actually control my character for about 5 minutes in all, sometime Cut scene, Cut scene, talking and Cut scene, Cut scene, and quick time events happen while controlling Max, then it dumps you back in game play then out of game play into more, Cut scene, Cut scene,Cut scene, Cut scene. bullet time, cover fire, Cut scene, Cut scene, Talking, talking, more talking, Cut scene, Cut scene, Quick time even, cut scene, Talking, Talking, Cut scene, Cut scene, Some more Cover Firing,Cut scene, Cut scene.

I think there was more game play in Dragons lair, But away from all the bullet time and Cut scene, Cut scene, and Talking and Cover Fire, The Story seems kinda good its looks nice, and the firing is cool, the bullets really make a mess of things.
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-06-05 at 12:10 PM.

I really enjoyed the film noir atmosphere in the original Max Payne games, is that still present?

At least the preview pics seemed all too sunny compared to the dark and rainy/snowy New York of the previous games.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Alright guys I decided to bump this thread since other max Payne threads seem less relevant.

I want to know if this game is good for play station. I don't really want it for my PC, but it seems like it'd be easier to use with PC. And by easy to use I mean shoot. I'm used to games that auto target, but this game is almost like FPS in that you have to move the aim around. Is it okay for PC.