Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imperius sounds possible if u think of it, i mean the council voted to destroy mankind a long time ago. Now when humans are becoming as powerful as your character is he may try again, we all know the other members of the council would vote no again, so i think he will go mad, grab a bunch of likeminded angels and attack Sanctuary. Not a good story i know, but that could be a good distraction, something like while humans and angels were trying to stop him some new powerful demons were born... most likely someone, somewhere willingly or by accident, managed to resurrect the prime evils.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    There's 2 scales to fantasy characters alignment though. One is Chaos to Order the other is Good to Evil.
    That only holds true for Dungeons and Dragons. Not every fantasy creation has to follow those rules.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 04:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Imperius should die by the hand of some new villan. Nobody can take that guy serisously anymore. Flying around talking big and then flop there goes nothing. Aside from that Adria will likely be part of the expansion. Also salvation for Leah soul would be good.
    That was the whole story and why it had to be the Hero aka a non-angel that stopped Diablo even when Imperius was fully capable of attempting the same (even if he was defeated once already at the start of the invasion). When Diablo got to the crystal arch he basically killed every angel. He shut off their power killing them in the process. And as long as diablo had their power source cut off they wouldn't be reborn.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Adria portalled to Hell. Diablo (with Black Soulstone) falls from heavens, into Hell. Adria finds Soulstone. "Your mother will share your fate!" throwaway taunt in Act 1. Adriablo is the last boss. A couple renegade archangels in between. Maybe some idiot thieves who you depants and have your way with at some point?

OR

Malthael finds Black Soulstone, shatters it. The One become Seven again, eight boss fights in a row with no loot or checkpoint until the last one! ... With Adria and Captain Cockbag... er, sorry, Imperius somewhere in between. Maybe some idiot thieves who you bend over a barrel and Mary their Sues.

Imperius is pissed cus Tyreal "betrayed" the Angels...altho he didnt, he chose to be Human cus he voted against the killing of humans cus its no justice in murder.
    Tyreal was the Arch Angel of Justice. As Kulle said: Its no justice in murder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Imperius is pissed cus Tyreal "betrayed" the Angels...altho he didnt, he chose to be Human cus he voted against the killing of humans cus its no justice in murder.
    That is betraying the angels. Tyreal didn't like the ruling of the Angris council and instead choose to do whatever he wanted and become a mortal. Just because it might have been the right thing doesn't mean he didn't betray them and the laws of the High Heavens.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That was the whole story and why it had to be the Hero aka a non-angel that stopped Diablo even when Imperius was fully capable of attempting the same (even if he was defeated once already at the start of the invasion). When Diablo got to the crystal arch he basically killed every angel. He shut off their power killing them in the process. And as long as diablo had their power source cut off they wouldn't be reborn.
    But even before ... He made bo hoo at Tyrael and Tyrael gave him a finger while easily disarming him. Then he faced diablo and got crushed. Then he was threatening the player over and over but with words only. Then he went comatose. I can't imagine he would become some powerful evil on his own. Good tool to use, but no mastermind.

Regardless Imperius is indeed lawful neutral with anger management issues which makes him neither good or evil if you disregard the temper. So he could become justice now that Tyrael stepped down from that position ^^.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is betraying the angels. Tyreal didn't like the ruling of the Angris council and instead choose to do whatever he wanted and become a mortal. Just because it might have been the right thing doesn't mean he didn't betray them and the laws of the High Heavens.
    Thats why i said " betrayed " as in more like leaving them cus he knew that they did wrong, as angels.
    Voting to kill all of humanity. So he sacrificed/choose to be a mortal instead of a immortal (well...Imperius died so I cant say that Angels are immortal, cus they cant solo a damn demon !)
    altho, Tyreal is back at the angels stuff, but as a mortal / human.

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    I think he gave up on being an anger because angels can't meddle in human matters, not because of the vote.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Sigh~

Diablo 3's expansion will probably tie the rest of the hidden story beyond Diablo's defeat. I do not think we will see him again, you didn't see him after beating him in Diablo 2 right? (of course ignoring Baal's vision things). The story will probably revolve around Adria finding the soul stone, and being further corrupted beyond just serving Diablo, Maltheal(sp?) will probably be helping her for some reason (perhaps he wants to reset the world to a new age). If anything I doubt in a single 1 on 1 fight they would/could stand a chance vs our characters at that point, they would have to be a duo boss if anything, bonus powers from the soul stone.

We find out after beating them (yay!) the soul stone was flawed, doing more then what Zoltun kulle expected, Diablo used Leah as a vessel, but is still trapped in the Soul stone, with all 7 lords of hell reunited, the true form of that chaos pure evil being forms, and that is your final boss.

The TRUE prime evil Tathamet returns, instead of enslaving the realms, pretty much plans to obliterate everything.

Thats most likely the expansion imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would like to see is a fight against all the Evils when they are all separate. I would love to fight Mephisto and especially Baal.

Still, it is not likely that we will see the Evils in their separate forms again, but it would have been fun, at least.

I always assumed that Imperious was originally supposed to be a boss fight in D3, but then removed before release.

Near the end, when you have to go past him, the game even gives you a warning that a boss fight is about to start... but there is no fight.

Makes me think that the fight was originally there, but they removed it for whatever reason.

I imagine they will want multiple expansions. One could deal with Adria, one Malthael. Imperious could easily be a boss at some point too.

Deleted
    Well, considering that Evil in it's ultimate form was no match for a mortal.

I bet the next Diablo game will simply be about a good nephalem fighting an evil nephalem.
    They might as well delete the angels and demons from the game. They feel totally worthless past this point.

And this is why Blizzard ruined the entire series with this last game. It's like shooting your own foot.
    It's a game about angels and demons, yet they have become completely useless compared to mortals.

If humans are so great, why not just make the series about one army of humans fighting another?
    We've seen it a million times before in other games, but apparently Blizzard thinks it's better than the setting they had.

Only way for Blizzard to write themselves out of this mess is by doing a retcon. And we know they like doing that. :\

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Still, it is not likely that we will see the Evils in their separate forms again, but it would have been fun, at least.
    Ehm, if the Black Soulstone is smashed it would make more sense for all the Evils to reform in Hell than to disappear forever. It's a big flaw in the story if what Adria wanter the player to believe was actually the truth. It seems more like it were lies to further her scheme.

Imperius def showed what i'd call "Hate" then he got stabbed by the Prime Evil, part of which is the power of the Lord of Hatred. so there was both mental and physical ability to possess Imperius and Mephesto is just the sort of sneaky bastard to weasel his way out of the Prime Evil construct without anyone noticing so that he could get the most powerful warrior angel ever as his host.

just sayin'

edit: there not their. i'm sorry. i'm sleepy.
    Last edited by Albert the fish; 2012-06-04 at 11:27 AM.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

What HAPPENS with the seven Lords of Hell?

Imperius is so obvious.
    He will be in expansion at least as a boss, if not main Boss...

And another expansion will have Archbishop Lazarus as main bosss.I just feel it

Deleted
    Actually I expected to fight Imperius in Act 4 so it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd expect a return of some of the remaining 6 evils with help from Adria - when you look at Diablo's death cinematic, his whole body's turned to ash, except for black soulstone that is falling from the sky. No wonder he was so angry while still alive... I bet it kinda sucks to have a huge stone in your chest

I think Imperius may seek to "test" us through combat, but as a villian, I highly doubt it. I mean he is a pretty big dick, but he's just doing what he thinks is right, kinda like a Paladin in D&D games, has to do what's right no matter what, must follow the rules, no matter what, no bending them for whatever reason. He's just Lawful Good, that's all.

It's most likely going to be Tathamet with the big spoiler they give out if you talk to tyreal before you kill Diablo. He will time you about the original prime evil.

The story line sucked so bad....