Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about Malfael (spelling?) ?

One of the lore texts says "Wisdom becomes death"

Malfael was the archangel of wisdom and he just disappeared.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    I was so dissapointed with Diablo 3's storyline, I mean leave it to Blizzard to leave a ton of plot holes (check WoW). Not to mention Leah was a poorly written character:"Ohai I'm Cain's niece and btw I have some powers too! OMG my mother is alive and she betrayed us!" Then BAM she's dead...I mean seriously? I would really like a revisit to Leah's character in an expansion as well as an explanation to what happened to the Soulstone, Adria, Imperius, Malphael etc.

I'm honestly expecting Malthael to be the bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    I was so dissapointed with Diablo 3's storyline, I mean leave it to Blizzard to leave a ton of plot holes (check WoW). Not to mention Leah was a poorly written character:"Ohai I'm Cain's niece and btw I have some powers too! OMG my mother is alive and she betrayed us!" Then BAM she's dead...I mean seriously? I would really like a revisit to Leah's character in an expansion as well as an explanation to what happened to the Soulstone, Adria, Imperius, Malphael etc.
    Oh wait! you mean a game with a definite expansion has plot holes that need to be filled? Jeez....people on this website are getting worse.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    You are "calling it"? Blizzard handed it out even before launch.

Adria will be a villain. Imperius will be a villain.
    Shen is the archangel of wisdom.
    Leah is alive.
    The soulstone wasnt broken.

Imperious in this case would come over as Lawful neutral at best, perhaps Lawful evil.
    Just... no.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I really like the Diablo story. I personally consider the hate-all-lore with a Blizzard mark on it to be something people do because everybody else is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    You are "calling it"? Blizzard handed it out even before launch.

Adria will be a villain. Imperius will be a villain.
    Shen is the archangel of wisdom.
    Leah is alive.
    The soulstone wasnt broken.

Just... no.
    I didn't think of that...Might be. But doubt it. I think there is a good chance he is a god (that might mean some new type of celestial being or maybe a demon or an angel or even a Nephalem.) But not the angel of wisdom..his quest his way different unless you mean the gem=world stone.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I think Shen's thing is just there to make his character more interesting. I wouldn't expect him to develop into anything as exciting as the Angel of Wisdom. "Ooooo... Is he a god or just a crazy old man?" is interesting. "Oh, that vendor you've been using is actually a major plot character" is just dumb. It'd be like if Warriv was the one that got made into Diablo instead of Leah.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    We must also remember that there is now a Prime Evil again and what happened when he died? The last Prime Evil to be killed was the one that created the 7 lords of hell. Are there new horrors created in the depths of hell that are marshaling their forces just waiting for heaven and sanctuary to get complacent again? Did Diablo really die since the black soul stone wasn't destroyed? Was diablo really a "prime" evil or is there something more sinister in charge now that the 7 lords of hell are trapped?

What if Adria was working for someone else? What if she tricked Diablo and she is now the Prime Evil.

http://www.diablowiki.com/Tathamet

While it would be interesting for Shen to be a god it would be a little silly to introduce a new artisan in an expansion. Instead of just having the artisans be another vendor they gave them a little story and personality. But I don't see them going further then that and making them into main characters. We might explore their characters more and find the gem shen is looking for.

There are many stories and lore left to explore in the world of Diablo. We could have to deal with http://www.diablowiki.com/Trag%27Oul or maybe even other worlds. The theme of "balance" is common through out various parts of Diablo's lore and right now there isn't much of a balance with Heaven being the clear victor. And Hell without any leadership.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Malthael will be present in the expansion, since he's missing and Tyrael took up the position of Wisdom.
    This makes me think Tyrael some day will turn into the bad guy. Tyrael is a human and humans always turn into the bad guy.

That said I dont think it will happen before 2nd or maybe even 3rd expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I really like the Diablo story. I personally consider the hate-all-lore with a Blizzard mark on it to be something people do because everybody else is doing it.
    Oh no don't get me wrong I don't "hate" the lore. On the contrary I always loved and enjoyed Blizzard's lore as I am somewhat of a "lore freak". But I just feel that they are slipping lately. Honestly I am only starting to get into Diablo lore, but the storyline just felt a little rushed. Dunno it may be just me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh no don't get me wrong I don't "hate" the lore. On the contrary I always loved and enjoyed Blizzard's lore as I am somewhat of a "lore freak". But I just feel that they are slipping lately. Honestly I am only starting to get into Diablo lore, but the storyline just felt a little rushed. Dunno it may be just me.
    I didn't feel it was rushed and it is certainly on par with the rest of Diablo. The main story is that the remaining two lords of hell are invading the world in force. A full scale invasion nothing held back. Just as that invasion happens a mysterious object falls from the sky that you then learn is an ex-angel and that something else is happening. As you follow that story you uncover a way to defeat the lords of hell once and for all (if it sounds to good to be true it probably is). Along the way we uncover that this was all a plan orchestrated by Diablo. That he planned for his own defeat and stayed inactive for years until the time was perfect for him to seize control of the Hells and defeat Heaven.

Any more to the story and it would feel to much story for the type of game Diablo 3 is, a hack and slash. Act 4 could have been a little longer and/or had a base that was actually in Heaven that showed that the angels were at least holding some sort of defensive line. Kind of like the small piece of heaven that we had as a base for our assault on hell in Diablo 2. It was just a bummer to go back to Bastions keep for Act 4.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I think Shen's thing is just there to make his character more interesting. I wouldn't expect him to develop into anything as exciting as the Angel of Wisdom. "Ooooo... Is he a god or just a crazy old man?" is interesting. "Oh, that vendor you've been using is actually a major plot character" is just dumb. It'd be like if Warriv was the one that got made into Diablo instead of Leah.
    Well this is pretty much just speculation but the Diablo Wiki apparently has a quote from a blizzard employee that mentioned we might visit the Wizard's homeland of Xiansai. Here is the quote:Jay Wilson:
    I think the only character who actually goes through their homeland is, I believe, the wizard, Leonard [Boyarsky] knows more about this than me, sometimes I get this wrong. But I'm pretty sure it's the wizard. The monk's land we're not going to, but there are likely to be other monk characters and details about the religious group and the culture that he comes from.
    So if we go there I'm almost 99% certain we will see development in Shen's story.

i can see adria going mad and hosting diablo in her body. i dont have any lore knowledge but i like the idea of going from wise to insanity and doing the extreme just to succeed (or acquire huge amount of power, or just to prove that they did not fail).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The big bad of the expansion will be:

The imposter Enchantress that I found on the road to Caldeum, when I ALREADY HAD THE ENCHANTRESS WITH ME.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN.

/thread