My build as of now, feedback? [First Time Buyer]

Okay so my current total is $671 (including mail in rebates, $721 without). I'm lacking a motherboard because I just changed the CPU from a Intel Core i3 2120 to the AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (with some help of a friend, thanks friend).

Need help with, but feel free to touch on
    motherboard
    anything I might want to change or add

Parts:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Mobo:
    Memory: Mushkin Silverline 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: OCZ 600W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
    Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Monitor
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)
    Mouse & Keyboard: E-3LUE Cobra

I'm looking to be able run Bf3 with 60fps or as close as possible. I would like to be able to record while playing Bf3 too either with fraps or dxtory. The other thing's I'm looking to do is render videos often with Sony Vegas and After Effects (Editing and Rendering Raw footage). Then the last thing skype or teamspeak while playing for obvious reasons.

My Budget: I would like to not go over $780. I had the Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard but I had to change that since I wanted the AMD X4 960T. As far as motherboards go I don't want to go over $130 but it can be done.

Thanks for any and all help, I appreciate it even if I don't reply.

-Bminus

You're missing a cooler for your processor. I hope you're planning to overclock it considering it's a BE. :P

In regards to that processor, it's going to perform better than the i3 while recording, streaming, and rendering your videos. But it will perform slightly worse than the i3 in dual threaded games when you're not doing any of that stuff. (WoW is essentially 2.5 threaded - so that processor should come out just about even in WoW)
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Those specs will barely run BF3 on max settings, it wont be playable at ultra thats for sure. IMHO you'd get probably medium settings at best with those specs @ 60 fps.. You wont be able to record gameplay with fraps either with those specs at any playable FPS , especially with just 1 hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheersbrah View Post
    Those specs will barely run BF3 on max settings, it wont be playable at ultra thats for sure. IMHO you'd get probably medium settings at best with those specs @ 60 fps.. You wont be able to record gameplay with fraps either with those specs at any playable FPS , especially with just 1 hard drive.
    You're severely exaggerating. His setup will easily net him around 60 FPS @ 1080p on almost max settings. (no one with a single card is completely maxing that game)

Further, fraps isn't going to touch his FPS considering that 5 year old processors bench exactly the same in BF3 as current gen. Not to mention he'll have 2 cores / threads unhindered for the on-the-fly encoding.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ance,3063.html
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You're severely exaggerating. His setup will easily net him around 60 FPS @ 1080p on almost max settings. (no one with a single card is completely maxing that game)

Further, fraps isn't going to touch his FPS considering that 5 year old processors bench exactly the same in BF3 as current gen. Not to mention he'll have 2 cores / threads unhindered for the on-the-fly encoding.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ance,3063.html
    I play it 45-60 fps everything is allllllllll the way to the max. I sure as hell cannot record like with it at max, but it is playable quite fine and looks pretty as hell. I likely dip lower in monstrous explosions but do I need frames when everything is blowing up and im dead? Now back on topic that CPU will do better in BF3 than it will wow indefinitely, during beta the 980 was showing to be best possible CPU for BF3, now I am 100% sure that was all optimization issues and what not but it still shows that the 955+ lineup is still capable of real gaming.