Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by redcisse09 View Post
    Feminism the ideology that both sexes will be equal by focusing on one.
    Sadly very true. Any man who tries to suggest we change any inequality towards men is labeled a pig, any woman that tries to argue for men is called brainwashed.
    The very people that we need to argue with are like arguing with a brick wall, there doesn't seem much point. I like to just handle things on a more "local" level and debate amongst your friends whom you know won't go "lalalalalala not listening"

Deleted
    Sexim is not the reason why women are less successful in leadership/career positions. It's the lack of ambitions.
    The notion that woman's place is with children is not unfounded.
    These two facts are intertwined.
    Lack of ambitions and maternal instinct. Mother nature "decided" that thru evolution. Oddballs exist, no doubt. On both sides.
    I dont like this comment even as a man. Recent studies suggest that the reason women are not as "successfull" is not due to ambition but due to more "rational" thinking. il try and find a link to the article but it pointed out that a woman would generally think and doubt if she had potentially earn said promotion or done enough to feel she could apply for it where a male equal would just go for it regardless. Ive had first hand experience of this in a recent job intertview where the women candidates knew a hell of a lot more than me with a lot more experience and talking to them they all gave similar reasons about wanting to make sure they where ready for the job, where I though "why not" and threw my self in there to see what happens. (naturally not all women are like this some are just as strong willed as men but it seems to be a trend)

Whenever you see a woman working for a man boss - it's her choice. She wasn't forced into that position. She might have forced herself as it was an easier way (you have to work hard to be in a leading position)
    Whenever you see a woman as a boss - it's not a miracle. It's her choice, no one stood in her way, well at least in "no you can't, you are a woman" way (unless she wants to be the best sperm donor of the month). She worked her ass hard to get it. Just like most men do.

Not every man is a boss. Not every woman works for a man boss.

Some men got leadership thru heritage along with wealth. The reason why less women get that (wealthy people have daughters too) - because they lack any interest in that. They are used to easy life, shopping, being nonworking elite of the highest society. Some of them prefer to work hard from below so no one think of them as the ones I described in previous sentence. It's always a choice. Even men may lack interest in leading a father's company. They may be dumb as shit dancing their life away in night clubs, fucking dumb girls and getting smashed.
    -_- i just... Generalising women based on a very small minority. You could say that a man born into the same position just spends his teens getting pissed up in bars?

Sexism is more prevalent in women thanks to feminism. It's also more prevalent in young girls. Most women in their 30s with kids don't give a fuck about sexism and feminism. They know how the real life is. Same goes for most men in their 30s.
    GO and watch "Loose women" on TV then tell me women in around over 30s dont care. If i made an exact replica of that show with Men ripping on women the whole show it would be cancelled within 5minutes.

"sexism" will always be around while people seem to think it acceptable from one side or the other. Be that machoistic males or arrogant females who think they should now get their turn

Basic UK statistics indicate that

Women achieve higher GCSE grades than men (NOTHING at all gets done about this. i know.. i was a teacher)

More Women are graduating from university than men (NOTHING gets said about this)

Women are now starting to earn more than men in the workplace (interesting shift round from the other way but still not right, and suprise NOTHING has been said about this)

Armed forces are STILL dominated by Men. (despite drives they put and forces being opened. BEFORE you pass rediculus comments on this on what would happen to the armed services if they instandtly made half of male staff redundant and left those spots open for women)

How many women builders do you see?
    How many women do you see working on the roads?
    how many women do you see in manufacturing?

I could list a whole lot of jobs dominated by males because women just don't want to do them.

But my best example so far came from my sister in law who is looking for a child carer for the baby.

Male child carer of several years experience. Raised his own children at home while his wife worked yet still gets funny looks from parents over it and gets passed over for the 16 year old with a GCSE in "social care"

Dont forget sexism is still rife in society even if it isnt as blatant or verbal as it used to be and it does swing both ways, BUT the clear shift at present is that it is moving against the male population. Probably because in the end we just dont give a fuck and will get on with it regardless after having a little rant.

Is this where we complain about all women making making too many generalizations about all men?

Because that's pretty silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Sadly very true. Any man who tries to suggest we change any inequality towards men is labeled a pig, any woman that tries to argue for men is called brainwashed.
    The very people that we need to argue with are like arguing with a brick wall, there doesn't seem much point. I like to just handle things on a more "local" level and debate amongst your friends whom you know won't go "lalalalalala not listening"
    Indeed, just the other day (im male) went through a door and a woman was walking behind me, I held the door until she went past, she stopped and called me "a sexist pig". Guess i'm not allowed to be polite anymore.

Ive seen that all before. Ive had it happen to more then once not exactly the same one case like yours another time I was the one of three men in a class and the only athlete and for two semesters heard nothing from the women in the class about how dumb jocks where etc etc. Well the best part was i aced every test and quiz all year and had a perfect A which no one besides me and the proffesor knew when the finals where completed one of the women throws a fit over the test being to hard and iirc she got a c which ruined her streak of 4.0, she screamed at the proffesor for several minutes when she paused for a minute he just told her you know that dumb jock you have badmouthed all year got 100% she just screamed and ran at of the room. That moment alone made it so worth hearing their shit all year.

Deleted
    Closing this thread. Threads based around stereotyping a specific gender rarely end well, as such they are not allowed on this forum. To quote the Gen OT forum rules sticky:

WHEN POSTING...

...keep in mind the post contents/subjects that are not allowed:

Sexuality/Gender