Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Whilst true for the most part several mobs are nigh on impossible to avoid, soul lashers being the biggest example of blizzards amazing design
    I personally found this with almost every Champ or Minion type mob in Act 2. Because most enemies in Act 2 already move quite fast, the passive movement speed increase all Champs and Minions seem to get (even without the "Fast" affix) it becomes virtually impossible to effectively kite since they still move faster than you even when snared.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter96 View Post
    how is this not true? have you ever even played a DH/WIZ? Every single ranged class i group with dies as fast as me too so dont try to say its a "learn to play issue." I ccan easily record this if I really want to, but i watch my wizard and me die like 6 times on one elite pack of champions (mortars) while our monk and barb just stand next to them hitting it and never really getting hurt. How is that not whack?
    Well, then I do have to say that you don't have a case - mortars might hit you from time to time but you shouldn't be getting hit by them on a regular basis unless you're doing something wrong. And if one single mortar hit kills you, get some more resist.

Besides, mortar is to us what arcane enchanted or fire links is to melee. In fact, fire links is much worse because it's nigh unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous View Post
    Besides, mortar is to us what arcane enchanted or fire links is to melee. In fact, fire links is much worse because it's nigh unavoidable.
    the problem with this is, if i dont run i get o ne shotted by melee, if I do run I get hit by a mortar. I dont understand how this is fair, if they give melee 30% damage reduction then give ranged 60% damage reduction because Im pretty sure even WITH damage reduction Im still going to get killed in 2 shots instead of 1...

10+ Year Old Account
    how is this not true? have you ever even played a DH/WIZ? Every single ranged class i group with dies as fast as me too so dont try to say its a "learn to play issue." I ccan easily record this if I really want to, but i watch my wizard and me die like 6 times on one elite pack of champions (mortars) while our monk and barb just stand next to them hitting it and never really getting hurt. How is that not whack?
    Should i make a youtube video about arcane enchanted, plauged, molten, desecrator, shielding, frozen etc etc ? Yes we Barbs and Monks are sooooo immortal. (guess i forgot some affixes that suck for melee, but oh well)

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with this is, if i dont run i get o ne shotted by melee, if I do run I get hit by a mortar. I dont understand how this is fair, if they give melee 30% damage reduction then give ranged 60% damage reduction because Im pretty sure even WITH damage reduction Im still going to get killed in 2 shots instead of 1...
    Sure if you give melee the ability to do also the same amount of DPS as ranged without having to gimp oneself with Resistence gear, and a Shield. Also give melee Smoke Screen please.

If you think Mortar is hard for ranged. Why don't you try to play a melee and fight a Desecrator, Arcane Enchanted, Fire Chains, Frozen boss pack. You'd wish you'd be a Demon Hunter with Smoke Screen fighting a Mortar boss.

That's wrong.

I don't sit in melee when I fight enemies - I'm a wizard - and I get hit by maybe 1 or 2 mortars (that's a single mortar, not a mortar volley) in the process of killing an elite or champ pack. That's it. Each mortar hits me for 4-4.5k and my HP is 30k...I pretty much just heal up the damage from life leech over the course of the fight.

If you're having serious issues with mortars then I think you need to look at your spec/playstyle. In Inferno, you need to be able to dish out good damage without ever needing to stop movement. If you're using spells which require you to stop moving to deal damage, you need to change your spec.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Should i make a youtube video about arcane enchanted, plauged, molten, desecrator, shielding, frozen etc etc ? Yes we Barbs and Monks are sooooo immortal. (guess i forgot some affixes that suck for melee, but oh well)
    Fire Links

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Sure if you give melee the ability to do also the same amount of DPS as ranged without having to gimp oneself with Resistence gear, and a Shield. Also give melee Smoke Screen please.

If you think Mortar is hard for ranged. Why don't you try to play a melee and fight a Desecrator, Arcane Enchanted, Fire Chains, Frozen boss pack. You'd wish you'd be a Demon Hunter with Smoke Screen fighting a Mortar boss.
    I hope that this is a joke, you do realize that monks have serenity, and barbarians have ignore pain.... i would gladly trade smoke screen for either one of those. smoke screen has been nerfed so hard it is almost useless now...

and for the record, ranged dps get killed by desecration, arcane enchanted, frozen etc. just as much as melee classes do. I dont know where you guys are getting the impression that ranged can avoid them any easier than melee and Im not even taking jailer, fast movement spead, invulnerable minions, vortex, teleport etc. into account.. all of which target ranged dps... not melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that this is a joke, you do realize that monks have serenity, and barbarians have ignore pain.... i would gladly trade smoke screen for either one of those. smoke screen has been nerfed so hard it is almost useless now...
    You realize that those abilities have cooldowns right? You also realize right that Melee has to be in Melee to do damage, and hence gets hit by a bunch of mobs while a Demon Hunter is ranged and can kite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    baby dont hurt me
    don't hurt me... no moreee

Eh...

Let me pretend I'm a Barb.

Each enemy in Act 2 is hitting me for 10-15k damage. If I fight a champ pack, they pretty much always stick together, so I would be getting hit for 10-15k from 5 mobs at the same time. Even with Ignore Pain, that's still going to be 3.5-5k damage from 5 mobs all at the same time. There's just no way....

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    You realize that those abilities have cooldowns right? You also realize right that Melee has to be in Melee to do damage, and hence gets hit by a bunch of mobs while a Demon Hunter is ranged and can kite?
    and? they also have 30% damage reduction on top of super high armor and resistances. smoke screen literally takes half of my discipline, and only lasts for 2 seconds... i seen a monk hit serenity, wait for serenity to wear off, take some damage, hit heal, take some damage, hit blinding flash, take some damage, oh wait, serenity is back up. basically an endless cycle of invulnerability. ..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    don't hurt me... no moreee
    what is love?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you? xD Oh it IS a l2p issue... melee classes are ALWAYS in melee range so they need to survive that, you are ranged and should stay ranged at all times. l2kite. Oh btw... Mortar means they range you, so run! And if you're still not able to work it out, then your skills need work or the game is too hard for you and you should move on to something easier.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-06-04 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Have you? xD Oh it IS a l2p issue... melee classes are ALWAYS in melee range so they need to survive that, you are ranged and should stay ranged at all times. l2kite. Oh btw... Mortar means they range you, so run!
    i dont care if you can range the mortars, the point still remains, even after playing for a long time and spending 3 million gold on my demon hunter I still get killed 1 hit while a brand new monk or barb can handle the same mobs without ever being in serious danger

I'll just make this short.

The people arguing that you can kite are assuming that every Demon Hunter is running sub 10ms ping and doing 350k+ damage per shot.

The people saying Demon Hunters are too weak in inferno aren't itemizing properly, or utilizing builds with the right skills.

My DH is farming A4 Inferno with 0 problems, and I'm not crying about melee being OP or ranged being weak. Diablo has always been about the player. And unfortunately, there is a very high skill cap for Demon Hunter in the post SmokescreenWTFOP days of Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont care if you can range the mortars, the point still remains, even after playing for a long time and spending 3 million gold on my demon hunter I still get killed 1 hit while a brand new monk or barb can handle the same mobs without ever being in serious danger
    Wait didn't we have this conversation last week, but then it was the other way around?

The thing is, barbs and monks don't have it as easy as you would think. Far from it. If they have awesome gear they might be able to tank those mobs for a while, but they still need to give up A LOT of damage for it.

DH's should avoid getting hit while gearing for maximized dps, as far as I can tell.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

and for the record, ranged dps get killed by desecration, arcane enchanted, frozen etc. just as much as melee classes do. I dont know where you guys are getting the impression that ranged can avoid them any easier than melee and Im not even taking jailer, fast movement spead, invulnerable minions, vortex, teleport etc. into account.. all of which target ranged dps... not melee.
    shadow power when runed gives a 65% dmg reduction along with the ability to heal to full in 3 secs, smoke screen not only prevents dmg it stops enemies from chasing you, atm im running a MF set with 14k HP in act 1 inferno and can easily deal with most mobs, my MF set has just under 50k damage with SS and proper set has 62k damage with SS, demon hunters have so much damage its unreal, atm im up to just before belial inferno.

Its more a matter of skill with a moderate importance of gear, meele are heavily gear dependant as they need resistance and armor to survive thus losing damage, i have a wizard cleared act 1 inferno, monk just started inferno then went DH which is my main since the damage is so good, i will also soon have a barb to play inferno aslo.

Inferno is about avoiding dmg, as if you do take dmg is most likely a one shot, diablo involves lots of dieing.

current setup on my DH is shadow power - 65% cd, smoke screen -1.5 sec, preperations - heal, elemental arrow - nether, arrow with chance to do 70% more dmg, and 12% more dmg aoe ring. cant remember some of the names of the top of my head.

224% crit damage, 25k damage pre SS, 62k with SS, 30k hp, 20-30% resistances, 15% crit pre SS, this is with spending less than 500k on gear.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2012-06-04 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're on Inferno... any and all complaints you have are irrelevant. Inferno is for the pro's, it's heroic hardmode with a "don't push me" button in the back which is always pushed. Melee classes have life leech abilities (gems or w/e) so they heal while they fight... oh and fyi, they can still get pretty much 1 shotted. If the 96 in your name is your birthyear I'm not surprise at all about your QQ here.

Want to know how hard Inferno is? During testing Blizzard asked D2 pro's what they thought of Inferno mode, they said it was ok, so Blizzard doubled the difficulty. You're QQing about not being able to run Inferno after a whole 2 weeks of play... wow just wow. Get skilled and geared, learn a thing or two and save your rampaging non-valid rants for when you REALLY know the game.

If this were WoW, your complaints would be like this: "So DS has been out for almost a week now and my guild still cannot kill heroic Madness. WTF is this sh*t?! Nerf it! It's too hard!!! WTF?!!"
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-06-04 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    You're on Inferno... any and all complaints you have are irrelevant. Inferno is for the pro's, it's heroic hardmode with a "don't push me" button in the back which is always pushed. Melee classes have life leech abilities (gems or w/e) so they heal while they fight... oh and fyi, they can still get pretty much 1 shotted. If the 96 in your name is your birthyear I'm not surprise at all about your QQ here.

Want to know how hard Inferno is? During testing Blizzard asked D2 pro's what they thought of Inferno mode, they said it was ok, so Blizzard doubled the difficulty. You're QQing about not being able to run Inferno after a whole 2 weeks of play... wow just wow. Get skilled and geared, learn a thing or two and save your rampaging non-valid rants for when you REALLY know the game.
    for starters I am 16 years old and own my own car, so I dont see how that is even relevant.

secondly i handle inferno fine, its the fact that I have insane gear and still get one shotted while undergeared monks and barbs can take a barrage of hits. I understand WHY a melee should take hits better than a demon hunter, but i dont understand why a noob monk can out tank a geared demon hunter. just does not compute with my brain at all why blizzard gave tank classes 30% damage reduction when ranged classes with good gear still get one shotted. I will never understand how this is even supposed to make sense.

i understand that inferno is suppose to be hard, but why should it be harder for ranged classes than melee classes? I understand barb is the most popular class, but something gotta give dude.

It's impossible to avoid getting hit when you are fighting against jailers, mortars, vortex etc.. and when they do you just die instantly. I dont mind a hard game but not even having a "chance" to not die just feels game breaking to me.
    It appears that I trolled the troll!!

Did I win anything???