As a Demon Hunter, is it better to go with 2h and a quiver or 2x1h?

Sorry if this has been asked before. The search thing isn't working or coming up with any results.

10+ Year Old Account
    All depends on the total damage you're going to be doing with either. My nightmare DH uses a 2H + quiver because the quiver has dex/attackspeed/vitality + socket and the 2H rocks.

But until I picked up that quiver I'd been using two 1-hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used 2 1handers till i got a good quiver and 2h xbow. I would go as far to say it is best overall. In Inferno I have yet to see a 2 1 hander set up that beats my xbow and quiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Best just to go with a 2H with the way Dual Wielding works in this game. Unless you find 2 1H Crossbows with really high DPS and 20% attack speed, crit damage and a socket on each, it's never gonna come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    All depends on the total damage you're going to be doing with either. My nightmare DH uses a 2H + quiver because the quiver has dex/attackspeed/vitality + socket and the 2H rocks.

But until I picked up that quiver I'd been using two 1-hands.
    Same thing happened to me, but the speed increase might make up the difference in later difficulties. Just finished Nightmare (later on, you will looooove the lightning bola for certain bosses) and I'm thinking that the slow 2h crossbow won't be able to cut it with the "fire three times, run for your life" strategy we're expected to use.

Deleted
    1hs win if you're talking about the top of the top gear. two 1hs both with high dps and nice stats plus a socket with a 100% crit damage gem in each will basically beat anything else. the problem is actually getting two of those weapons and then two gems as well, so in reality, a 2h and quiver is more achievable.

saw athene do some testing and one socket with a 100% crit gem was worth around 35-40k dps. add another in your offhand weapon and there's no chance a quiver can compete with that.

a "good" quiver costs not more than 100k gold and pair that with a cheap high dps 2h bow/crossbow and rarely a 2x1h combo could beat that dps

Hmm. Okay. Thanks guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to pay 10 million for 2 weapons, go 2 1-h
    If you want to pay less, go for 2h + quiver, cost less.

There is also a notion of attack speed and diminishing effectiveness with crit.

I have not found single hand weapons that can beat the damage of a 2h + quiver yet. ( But its a lot cooler going with 2 x 1h though xD )

Deleted
    I was under the impression that DH's aimed for a 2h crossbow + quiver for the +50% crit damage from a passive (seeing as in inferno, they just stack crit damage and glass cannon everything).

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless your offhand is the same dps as your mh its a dps loss.

In short, use a 2h + quiver
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

At Inferno 60 atm, using 2h quiver, cus I need more attackspeed etc than dmg tbh... 40k dmg with SS / SA passives.