10+ Year Old Account

Wild Charge - Build 15752

Would anyone be able to confirm whether or not the tooltip is correct in its massive nerf, shortened form?

Previously wild charge changed depending on your form.
    For non-form you would fly to your ally target
    Cat had old wild charge style (similar to shadowstep)
    Bear had old wild charge style (similar to charge)
    Balance had a backwards jump (similar to disengage)
    Travel form had forwards jump
    Water form had a swimming speed boost

As of this build, the tooltip displays on the non-form ability, being fly to an ally target.

Does anyone know if this is the true effect, not a tooltip error?

I guess you're talking about the official calc? That thing is garbage.

Blizzard changed the way tooltips are working (as they turned too long, just like the wild charge one). The tooltip now changes depending on which form you're in.
    Regardless of that, the ingame tooltip in the talent pane still list all effects.

Yes I can confirm it's just a tooltip modification. On a side note I hope they fix the "For non-form you would fly to your ally target" pathing issue like they did with kitty leap.

That really is an awesome signature. Grats to you for having it, and Aryiana for being so talented!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchshot View Post
    Would anyone be able to confirm whether or not the tooltip is correct in its massive nerf, shortened form?

Previously wild charge changed depending on your form.
    For non-form you would fly to your ally target
    Cat had old wild charge style (similar to shadowstep)
    Bear had old wild charge style (similar to charge)
    Balance had a backwards jump (similar to disengage)
    Travel form had forwards jump
    Water form had a swimming speed boost

As of this build, the tooltip displays on the non-form ability, being fly to an ally target.

Does anyone know if this is the true effect, not a tooltip error?
    It's been like that for a while. The tooltip automagically changes with your form. All forms still have the effects you list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish Kitty charge was instant, like Shadowstep
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

on live both shadowstep and kitty charge have their uses. Shadowstep: instant. Way easier to interrupt spells. Kitty charge: slower but dazes. The daze has many tactical uses in both bgs, arena and world pvp so I wouldn't mind keeping the way it is on live.
    Nelf Druid. Tank/Melee/Feral PVP. Dreadmaul

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that my balance druid will be able to still jump back disengage style, i was worried for a while their that the "Fly to allies position" was not an error. I hope it doesn't look identicle to the hunter disengage animation though, maybe my boomy could flap his wings while doing it :P
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yes I can confirm it's just a tooltip modification. On a side note I hope they fix the "For non-form you would fly to your ally target" pathing issue like they did with kitty leap.
    Kitty leap bug seams to be back, I've feral charged mobs and landed facing the same way I leaped, with my back to the mob.

That or it's just the ms lag from the uk to the us servers thats bugging it out :s

Oh and wild charge for travel form feels broken, as you stop moving after you 'leap' for a second or so.

Feels like it slows you down rather than speeds you up, would have been better to make it a 'dash' type of mechanic that lets you travel at full ground mount speed for it's duration :P
    Last edited by mmocf5558b9282; 2012-06-18 at 03:29 AM.

Shame everyone will probably take the 15% movespeed for the free stats, charge is rarely useful on bosses.

Also sucks that they gutted feral of their charges, and made it optional. Though the Travelform one feels quite useless - it's hardly faster than just running forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauros View Post
    Shame everyone will probably take the 15% movespeed for the free stats, charge is rarely useful on bosses.

Also sucks that they gutted feral of their charges, and made it optional. Though the Travelform one feels quite useless - it's hardly faster than just running forwards.
    But cat form already has 115% speed baked in the form. So you can easily get Wild Charge unless you wanna go even faster :P

15+ Year Old Account
    i realy miss the free ravage after a charge whitout it is a lot less usefull
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    Kitty leap bug seams to be back, I've feral charged mobs and landed facing the same way I leaped, with my back to the mob.

That or it's just the ms lag from the uk to the us servers thats bugging it out :s

Oh and wild charge for travel form feels broken, as you stop moving after you 'leap' for a second or so.

Feels like it slows you down rather than speeds you up, would have been better to make it a 'dash' type of mechanic that lets you travel at full ground mount speed for it's duration :P
    I meant the Pathing Issue. If I remember correctly when Feral Leap was first introduced in WotLK (??), it used to have a pathing error when used on targets which were not accessible by a normal run path. In cata they fixed it so you can leap on people on ledges, like that arena map with 2 columns going up and down.

"Fly to ally" currently has the same pathing issue. Haven't tested kitty leap on beta though.